Aberdeen V Livingston (4 - 0)

First half was really scrappyfrom us especially Low and Logan on the right but when Pawlett eventually decided to get involved and Considine came on allowing JH to play in his best position we looked like we could score everytime we went forward. To be fair Livvie were tiring toward the end too.

Bring on Caley, St Mirren and Dundee. 6 points would get us back into the mix before the International break.

9 points is a must.

What was our formation all about? Nicky Low was on the right wing, Flood and Jack in the middle and no-one on the left wing. Pawlett just seemed to have a free role but never really managed to get involved.

Within minutes of Considine coming on at LB and Hayes moving up to LM we scored from that area. Don't know who finished the game at right mid. Smith? Pawlett?

Shocking first half, good second and 3 brilliant goals from ROOOOOOOOONNNEEEYYY. 6/10

The positive for me is how well Goodwillie manages to link the attack and the midfield from a two up front. We all knew that the midfield could support the attack but I didn't think Goodie would be the type of player to put in the work. I can really see him working well for us.

Brown looked hesitant to come off his line, but that aside he looked 4,565,768 x better than Langfield.

Taylor was MOTM for me. Won everything in the air. Thought Reynolds lapsed in concentration a couple of times and actually got lucky in the first half. Hayes done well defensively but gettting forward he seemed shot of confidence/scared to take a man on until he pushed on when Considine came on.

Logan, Pawlett, Low didn't really do much. Flood & Jack were quietly efficient. Robson/Smith didnt have much impact.

Goodwillie looks class with his back to goal, his first touch is tremendous. Rooney took his goals very well, though I did notice he was often he was in a left wing position when they had the ball with Pawlett moving into the centre. Strange but seemed to work.

Referee was absolutely dreadful. The goal kick he gave (when he talked to Pawlett for going aff his nut) is genuinely the worse decision I've ever seen at Pittodrie since Mackies 3 year contract extension.

Play like that v ICT going forward we will smash them.

Rooney and Goodwillie working very well. Considering they have only played a couple of times together, the awareness of the other player's position and movement is excellent - some nice link up play and flick-ons last night. Defences will struggle to handle both of them, they play really close to each other and pull the centre backs all over the place which creates space through the middle for the likes of Pawlett to run into. Will be disappointed if we don't start them together at least every home game!

Was surprised (but not on reflection) to read he's scored 10 this season already!

30 in all comps is surely a realistic target for him?

And to think that we were wanting a double figures striker not that long ago. Shows how far the club has came under McInnes' short time here.

I have just watched the redtv highlights and came to the conclusion that Rooney is the modern day Duncan Shearer.

His first goal was an absolute beauty, the wee back heel from Goodwillie was exceptional as well. High and hard into the back of the net.

His second, the low curling shot into the bottom left hand corner was just as good from a strikers perspective,

The third was a predators goal, great ball in and you could see Rooney was waiting behind the livi defenders shoulder before making his move to get infront and toe it into the back of the net.

Three different types of goals, power, precision and poaching.

It looked like Hayes tore them a new one as well, he has come on leaps and bounds since that slightly disappointing first season.

Hopefully we'll take this performance into the Caley game and rip them apart as well.

Just watched the goals. Fucking tremendous hat-trick from Rooney. He would murder the hun defence if we draw the fuds.

One potential upside to Jack's injury would be that McInnes may be forced into playing with a front two in every game. In any case, very few games where we shouldn't be going with a front two anyway.

Saw the highlights earlier today, some good play and good finishing from Rooney. Someone will want to buy him at this rate.

Any word on Jack?

Saw the highlights earlier today, some good play and good finishing from Rooney. Someone will want to buy him at this rate.

Any word on Jack?

2-3 weeks according to a boy at work who's daughter knows Jack