Sevco Thread

If what we’ve seen in England is anything to go by, they can keep VAR.

Can you imagine the clusterfuck the SFA & the inept officials up here would make of it?

Would give them twice the chance of giving more decisions the way of the filth.

Being offside by literally a millimetre having drawn lines on a TV screen is excruciating.

It is horrible, scoring last minute winners and everyone going mental then it’s offside by an armpit or something.

I understand why people want it, just think it’s another way modern football has turned the sport into a load of shite.

It would not cost 12m a season, that's just rubbish

Its 1m a season across all teams

Not like BHL to spout trolling crap

I just checked, it’s “over” £1million for a season, I stand corrected. Do you still think every club can afford it? Near £100k to clubs like saints and Hamilton is a huge amount. Could even be more than that, no exact figures quoted.

So do they think VAR is called upon to check every single refereeing decision in a game?

Or is this some special use of VAR just for Rangers games where a panel of proddies watches the game and have the authority to override the referees decisions at any point.

Mind you, they went through all the lower divisions with special selected referees because they were "too important" to be given the same refs as the other teams in their division.

I think it’s the special version that replays Celtics cup goal, Celtics league goal and Morelos trying to pull the same stunt on Their centre half that he did at Pittodrie. Stride pattern my arse. However it will specifically avoid ANY comment or even replays on offside goals in very tight, crucial games against Kilmarnock at home.

Or as we call it, Sportscene.

I just checked, it’s “over” £1million for a season, I stand corrected. Do you still think every club can afford it? Near £100k to clubs like saints and Hamilton is a huge amount. Could even be more than that, no exact figures quoted.

The english league already had the infrastructure of the huge amounts of tv cameras at games there. How many cameras do you think Sportscene have at games, 5?

I see English League getting slaughtered by the rule makers of football for drawing lines to decide if someone is offside. Saying they want this to stop as it's ruining the game.

No way could clubs in Scotland afford £1M a season.

On the BBC, some IFAB official is now saying that offsides by millimetres should be given as a goal, as it wasn’t a “clear & obvious error”.

So where do you (literally) draw the line?

10mm, 20mm? Half a body?

It’s farcical.

Sounds like the official wants it to go similar to “umpires call” on lbw’s in cricket if anyone follows that.

No way its only 100k per club.

Maybe for the var software itself.

That won't cover the installation of extra cameras and the three people it seems to take sitting in an office each game to review the footage.

Yeah, that’s why the quotes are “over” a million. I reckon it’s well beyond the financial capabilities of most of the top league.

Could have it at Hampden for cup semis and finals and the SFA could foot the cost...

I'm actually for once going to agree with the old hun cunt Souness on this. His solution is that if any part of an attacking player is onside....even if it is just a trailing hand....then a goal should stand. Guarantees more goals for sure.

Its the exact same argument though. They'll just be measuring and analysing from the other side to the same minute detail. 

The clubs would be better spending the money on professional referees and actually make them accountable and expect them to be completely transparent about their football allegiances etc.

The refs are just a product of their environment. Likely drummed into them early in their careers that they have to show maximum respect to the old firm and handle those games differently.

Always boils my piss hearing commentators praise refs during old firm games for “managing the occasion” and not showing cards. If that’s not proof that the two teams get treated differently then I don’t know what is.

So do they think VAR is called upon to check every single refereeing decision in a game?

Or is this some special use of VAR just for Rangers games where a panel of proddies watches the game and have the authority to override the referees decisions at any point.

Mind you, they went through all the lower divisions with special selected referees because they were "too important" to be given the same refs as the other teams in their division.

Maybe VAR would have confirmed in 1979 that Doug Rougvie never laid a finger on Derek Lardarse Johnstone in the LC Final