The Mckenna Dilemma

Aye?

500k for lee Miller?

500k for mclean plus loan back?

Forget about those or just not use them as they torpedo your argument?

The mistake you are making is not taking into account how we do our business since mcinnes came in

£500k for McLean aye?

Sober up

I think most of you are missing the point of the thread. It's not about how much he's worth it's about do you sell him and build a team capable of going forward and performing better whilst being able to invest in a few new young faces too. And do you do that now or moan when our infamous scouting system fails to deliver the requisite players this season ?

I think most of you are missing the point of the thread. It's not about how much he's worth it's about do you sell him and build a team capable of going forward and performing better whilst being able to invest in a few new young faces too. And do you do that now or moan when our infamous scouting system fails to deliver the requisite players this season ?

That is the point of the thread, that's why it's a dilemma.

We don`t need to sell him now.

He is a young player learning his trade and is on a long term deal.

Lets see how he gets on this season with Devlin and hopefully he continues to be a first pick for Scotland.

Sell him in a year or two and not for a penny less than £5M.

Sure we don’t NEED to sell him, but think of the better team we could have by selling one player.

Better strikers, better midfielders, an actual Left Back !

I think it’s the decision of a brave forward thinking manager, as opposed to one that’s moaning about having to go back into the loan market, that sells their prized asset to improve the team. Bigger picture thinking.

Even if it was, which I doubt

He was our best player and Massive part of finishing second which got us c400k extra prize money

So, just admit you're wrong, eh?

maybe earned 400K/500K, but the sale was not for that value - & that is what you said

I guess you want to start counting the gate money from the Burnley match as well, given that we qualified for Europe - extra tickets sold in the run in cos we were competing for 2nd - Mckenna increase in value due to playing for competitive team

either/or none of the above was the transfer fee - which generally every thought was 200K for a guy within 6 months of contract expiry

• Upvote 3

AND getting him back and being our best player for the last half of the season, yep

A clear example of not being pushed around

Cheers, bye

pish & wind - you said we got 500K for Mclean

you weren't discussing any supplemental outside benefits - which are true - but again that is not what you said

• Upvote 1