Latest Purchase Thread

Big Man

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Don Fonte said:

How much bunse for one of them min?

Not as much as you'd think.  The official Gibson custom shop ones are about 7 grand or more, if you can find one.

This one, as I said is an unofficial one and because it's not approved by Gibson the makers can't advertise it as a Ronson tribute but it's clear what it is.

I've done a bit of customisation on the headstock and I've ordered gold tape to edge it with so it looks like binding.  Just for use in the hoose like.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

I know , is your guitar a Gibson? It looks terrific. I’m getting a Fender Jazzmaster next. Inspired by yer man out of Dinosaur Jr. 

F140-FCE1-BF51-4-B01-8403-F685-EA9598-F8share image online

Sweet.  Pity you weren't after an Epiphone Les Paul as I now have one surplus to requirements.  I think I have about 35 guitars in total from ukulele to double bass.  I really need to sell some on.

Just now, Simply Red said:

Guitar looks a cracker @Beachend Bootboy

How does it sound? Heavy gauge strings? You put them on? Is it heavy?

The og Gibson LPs weigh a tonne. 

Hanzo - those jazzmasters are wicked. Is it the squire youre looking at? Ive heard the squire jags and jazzers are brilliant and great value. 

It's a wee bit lighter than my Epiphone LP Standard Pro but not much. 

With little or no effects it's just Ronson.  With a wee bit of dirt and some reverb it's like the intro to Moonage Daydream on the Ziggy live video (and bootlegs). 

The strings it came with are fine.  They are probably 0.009-0.042 so reasonably light.  I'm not a fan of heavy strings on electric or acoustic 6 strings.

I haven't tried it through an open Wah (which Ronson used regularly) or any multi effects but I have to say it's very impressive out of the box.  I lowered the action and for a non six string player like me it's a lot easier than the Epiphone to play.

• Upvote 1