Fraser Signs for Bournemouth

We are all presuming it will be a club down south who will eventually take him on but I do know for a fact that Deportivo La Coruna were watching him a couple of games ago, a bit of a random team but you never know.

That game also had scouts from Man U, Man City and Liverpool amongst others. I suppose it was inevitable but fuck its sore when it comes. Best youngster since Jess

Well Said.

What is actually the point of the youth system when all it does is cost money and the cunts down south just cherrypick all the best players? I fucking love watching Ryan Fraser as well, this hurts...

It's essentially running a programme for other teams players! And we can stick with the not good enough lot.

Got high hopes for Cammy Smith and glad we've got him on a deal, but he's what, 16/17? So in 2015 it'll be this all over again before he's 20!

I think they have learnt: Shaughnessy, Jordon Brown, Cammy Smith and Dec McManus have all recently signed new deals. Problem with Fraser is that they didn't know if he was worth a new contract until he started to play well in the SPL, by which point is has proved to be too late.

I do however think that we should be tying more youngsters down to deals before they get first team action (kind of like what we've done with McManus). Better to take a gamble on some in my opinion rather than lose potential gems for nothing.

Do you think Ferguson waited until Ryan Giggs had played a few EPL games and did well before he got him on a decent contract...?

As Redstar said we have had him at the club for how long..we knew he was good before his performances this season, even w miller was bangin on about him and cammy smith a few seasons ago when he was justifying his position in the press.

If we're offering him say £1500 per week (unlikely even that much given his age), and someone like Wigan are talking about £6k per week, we are pissing in the wind.

The right thing to do would've been to sign a 2 year extension and leave in 12 months time with another 40 games under his belt, and sell him with add ons

We do seem more inept than others at keeping young players.

PS - I know he's injured, but if he's available soon, I wouldn't let him play in the first team, and make him train on his own.

Isn't he just holding out for more cash?

Aren't the club just releasing this info to force his agent's hand i.e. state clearly what you want so's we can negotiate; don't just string us along as yer playin' fur time?

If you were offered to do the same job for a different company but the pay was a lot more you'd be aff. Professional football player is no different.

Still, shite news tho.

They should have offered the guy 4-5k a week for 2 years - 200-250k a year pales into insignificance when you consider the speculate to accumulate European factor... Sell on clause for 2-3 million... If we do well we'll easily see a big return on that from attendances to TV to Euro money to a transfer fee... Short sighted from both sides point of view - I really do wonder how far we pushed the boat out on this one... He's a player worth going the distance for.

In the meantime - get McGinn tied up instead - we haven't had a goal machine in what feels like about 20 years - his minimum release should be about 10 million...

Steady on...Get in the real world for a minute...If he's been offered our best...I suggest £1.5k a week and he can get £7-8k a week down south he'd have to be mad not to take it...you can't blame him for showing ambition...If anyone is to blame it's Broon and the club for letting this happen.

From his sub appearances last season most of us could see Fraser was better than decent...Broon saw him every day in training and should have had him signing an extension at the end of last season...when I'm sure he would have put pen to paper...It's not like this is anything new for us :dontknow:

It's also fair to say that after all the kickings the lad has taken this season already he'd be mad to stay on buttons at AFC and risk a career ending injury.

At the end of the day he's looking after his future and AFC getting a decent transfer fee doesn't come into it.

I'd be the same. If someone offered me 5 times my salary (guesswork) I'd fuck off as well. I wouldn't sign another contract for buttons and hope I don't get a long term injury just so AFC can get some money.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

have to say think it is shockingly bad decision by in the first place Fraser/agent and secondly AFC

the lad has played what 21 games and only 1 or 2 full 90 mins.

absolute plonker.

yesterday had a fantastic career ahead of him and now today there is an outside chance he never plays 50 professional football matches. Very sad.

Should be looking at the McGeady model of career development and not the bloody Jack Grimmer, Fraser Fyvie retired by 25 model.

• Downvote 1

Fit a load of shite.

Not too sure what the whole thinking is behind the statement. Means he has lost the majority of the support and makes it awkward to play for the club again any time soon. Offload him in January for whatever we can get (more than training compensation hopefully) and hopefully we can start some kind of bidding war to see some kind of return. Wouldn't surprise me to see him sign a pre-contract early January though, and for us to be held over a barrel (don't think many clubs signing will be bothered whether he stays with us for a further 6 months).

Overall, disappointed. Don't know the first thing about the deal and what his agent is saying, but it looks like we are losing one of our best talents in years within 6 months of him starting to look like a real player.

He's turned down a contract - someone will likely take a punt on him once he recovers from his injury - but he won't be playing first team football for a championship or EPL side for a while. He'll make good money for a few years and can enjoy a Bebo style of living but unless he can make a break through at a harder level he'll disappear - it's a shame - he would learn more, earn more in the long run and be a better player by staying put.

Young player looks to grab quick buck, does so but likely loses chance to develop in the process

Seen it before and we'll see it again

He could've been a contender

Your looking at it rationally, fair play to you, to me he's a judas cunt. He could sign a deal, see out the season, earn a higher wage, that the club offered, and then move in the summer, allowing him to grow as a player and us to enjoy his performances and get a proper transfer fee.

His concern is himself, but for me that's fucking shite, as someone else said, what's the fucking point in raising these kids anymore, we've been completely shafted.

shut up you fukin idiot

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Cant blame the boy at all, but also think its a silly move for him at his age.

'Progress' at Aberdeen by getting booted about the park all game or go and better himself at a bigger club, better money, better facilities? No brainer.

I wouldnt however be surprised to see him sign for a Premiership club but stay on loan.

have to say think it is shockingly bad decision by in the first place Fraser/agent and secondly AFC

the lad has played what 21 games and only 1 or 2 full 90 mins.

absolute plonker.

yesterday had a fantastic career ahead of him and now today there is an outside chance he never plays 50 professional football matches. Very sad.

Should be looking at the McGeady model of career development and not the bloody Jack Grimmer, Fraser Fyvie retired by 25 model.

Grimmer doing great at Fulham and Fyvie in the squad for Wigan games...neither 25 years old. Maguire on the other hand...

Grimmer doing great at Fulham and Fyvie in the squad for Wigan games...neither 25 years old. Maguire on the other hand...

Grimmer doing great? Yes Fyvie has made the 18 a few times.

They both have long way to go yet though. And you have to say just as likely to end up in lower leagues as make it.

• Downvote 1