Sevco Thread

The old "Rangers are Dead" thread is history now. Its time to sit back and watch the slow lingering death of another bigotted scottish football club. Sevco or the The Rangers as they sometimes call themselves.

With Craig Whyte's return, Green's desperate search for more cash bound to fail and BDO just waiting to investigate the admin and possibly unwind the sale of assets I think it might be time

So I propose this new thread "Sevco are Dead".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-19976991

So how dodgy is Whyte's return?

Someone posted up 5 or 6 criteria that HMRC look for in a "Newco" and one of these was different people at the top. How much does this new revelation put that in jeopardy? This was the ONLY criteria that they met so could it be

• Downvote 1

I put that up after getting a mail about it. Thus:

Rumours abound that HMRC is considering going after new-co for the old-co debts.

Apparently there are 6 criteria that can lead to HMRC considering this move:

1.Are the directors the same or is there evidence that the directors of the previous company are connected with those of the successor company, or involved in its management?

2.Is the successor company carrying on the same trade as the previous company?

3. Are the employees the same?

4.Is the trading or company name the same or similar?

5.Are the trading premises the same?

6. Did the successor company acquire assets from the previous company?

Call me thick here but quite clearly they are already in breach of these rules? They are still claiming oldco history for fuck sake? Why are they allowed to continue at all?

That's the thing... they can claim all the old Rangers trophies and titles they want, but this Newco club didn't win a single one of them. All they did was buy them.

By THAT logic I can go on EBay and 'win' a fucking Iron Cross and call myself Hitler.

adolf-hitler-joke-4_681576c.jpg

• Upvote 2

That's the thing... they can claim all the old Rangers trophies and titles they want, but this Newco club didn't win a single one of them. All they did was buy them.

By THAT logic I can go on EBay and 'win' a fucking Iron Cross and call myself Hitler.

adolf-hitler-joke-4_681576c.jpg

Or you could buy a Jim ill fix it badge and we can call you something else.

This oldco/newco/the the rangers/hmrc thing has been dragging on for so long now that its getting boring.

When will the off with their heads actually take place

Having a little read up about starting a newco and what flaws sevco have made and can see that what follows has not been carried out:

The company assets are valued

The insolvency practitioner will arrange for an independent valuation of the companies assets as a fare price needs to be paid for them, even if purchased by the phoenix company.

So werent these assets valued at almost 10times the price that they were bought for so there is no fair price there so in which breaches S423 Insolvency Act 1986.

So follow the letter of the law when BDO Start liquidation proceedings if there value of the assets shows the 5.5 million is indeed not a fair price the sale to chuckie will be immediately overturned

Please also remember the chuckle brothers are also to receive there fee from this figure if that is correct

Having a little read up about starting a newco and what flaws sevco have made and can see that what follows has not been carried out:

The company assets are valued

The insolvency practitioner will arrange for an independent valuation of the companies assets as a fare price needs to be paid for them, even if purchased by the phoenix company.

So werent these assets valued at almost 10times the price that they were bought for so there is no fair price there so in which breaches S423 Insolvency Act 1986.

So follow the letter of the law when BDO Start liquidation proceedings if there value of the assets shows the 5.5 million is indeed not a fair price the sale to chuckie will be immediately overturned

Please also remember the chuckle brothers are also to receive there fee from this figure if that is correct

I don't think the value presented in the account itself presents a 'fair' value for the assets - likely to be inflated to make things look better than they are.

I'd expect the truth to lie somewhere in between.

Furthermore, the feeling of my contact was that, without the share issue, Rangers are likely to be forced into administration within weeks

Surely they still would be regardless if that's the case? I thought that money from the share issue couldn't legally be used for running costs? Where do we punt them to if it happens again? The juniors?

Surely they still would be regardless if that's the case? I thought that money from the share issue couldn't legally be used for running costs? Where do we punt them to if it happens again? The juniors?

No, but the money from the share issue could be used for planned "furthering of the club" and the money that would have been used for that, could go to paying debts and creditors and wages etc.

People in Scotland don't want to see Rangers fans without a club to follow. What they do want is a club that is run by the fans, for the fans. A club that is built on fairness and anti-sectarianism. A club that is designed around a stable, long-term outlook.

Rangers fans already don't have a club to follow. They've changed clubs to follow the rangers.

I'd be delighted to see the rangers fans with no club to follow.

I (along with others on here) have money on the rangers to win nothing this season crossfingers.gif

Aye, also on "the field" to win the league. I believe now that the season has started, and points deductions, or even liquidation of Sevco and the bet still stands, that exclusion was only pre-season. Fucking come on!!! :sheepdance: