The Stand Up Comedy Thread

Jerry Sadowitz...

Yes indeed I saw him at the fringe years ago, However for a Scottish Jew he is a tight fisted cunt who makes his material hard to come by on the ol download sites , I might look for a second hand dvd or something

thanks for reminding me

Edit not so hard to find after all, I think its youtube and streaming he is tight on

https://pirateproxy.cc/torrent/13623235/Jerry_Sadowitz_Collection_Update_1

From the newer comedians I'm liking James Acaster, nowhere near as brutal as the list you have but there arent many newer comedians doing the cutting stuff these days.

Jimmy Carr can be really brutal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsGEVWMmGck

I forgot about mr Carr I love his work fucking unreal how long he lasted on mainstream tv, never heard of James Acaster so I look forward to that cheers

fucks up we ma font

I like Daniel Tosh a lot.

He did a joke about God giving people from New Orleans a much needed bath which was brave as fuck and delivered brilliantly.

Mitch Hedberg one of my favorites too. Just silly funny. Says the stuff you say with your mates when you're wasted and talking nonsense.

Yeah mitch was the last of his kind really loved the scag an all, Daniel Tosh is on my list to watch thank you

When you copy/paste out of a quote it does that weird highlighting thing.

There's quite a lot of stand up on the BBC IPlayer at the moment, Netflix has a load of Frankie Boyle stuff on it as well.

The new Mock the Week has also started with a few new comedians on it. There's a cockney wifie, Kerry Godliman whos worth watching live. MtW is average but its worth watching the last couple of series just to see who's new and if there's any you want to watch doing a full stand up. Ed Gamble has been pretty funny on it, havent seen him on his own yet though.

@@spamspamspam Cheers mate I will check out Ed gamble as I recognise the name which means I probably had him ear marked, I lost my old hardrive so I am trying to recall all the stuff I had listed to check out.

Agree about mr Hunter I think he found his level on hignfy.

@@Grays Babylon 1875 just watching the beginning of a Daniel Tosh set and he sounds like yon boy from the violent femmes

Stanhope bar none. He's easily the funniest fucker on the planet.

David Cross, Brian Reagan, Patton Oswalt get honourable mentions.

But if there's a funnier cunt than Stanhope I've yet to see him.

Also, interesting fact, he blocked me on Twitter just because I gave him some shit, the thin skinned cunt.

But he's still the funniest fucker on the planet.

• Upvote 2

@@spamspamspam Cheers mate I will check out Ed gamble as I recognise the name which means I probably had him ear marked, I lost my old hardrive so I am trying to recall all the stuff I had listed to check out.

Agree about mr Hunter I think he found his level on hignfy.

@@Grays Babylon 1875 just watching the beginning of a Daniel Tosh set and he sounds like yon boy from the violent femmes

I went to see Ed Gamble last year at Edinburgh fringe and he was alright. Couple of big laughs but mostly just slightly amusing stories. Went in a strop when folk weren't laughing much, and thought he was much better than he actually was.

Went to see a Canadian guy called Mike Ward last year too who might be more up your street. Had to pay a disabled kid $42,000 for telling jokes about him.

Stephen K. Amos was outstanding live

Sadowitz worth catching again, the pace he kept up through his set 2 years ago was unreal.