The Stand Up Comedy Thread

Saw him in Aberdeen years ago. Was brilliant. Got through his whole set then immediately went outside for a fag and could barely stand. He was absolutely bleezing and still put on a great show.

Yea he is a quality act.

I run a comedy night in Edinburgh and he is doing a fringe preview this Thursday. The whole show. We sold out 2 weeks ago.

I went to see Ed Gamble last year at Edinburgh fringe and he was alright. Couple of big laughs but mostly just slightly amusing stories. Went in a strop when folk weren't laughing much, and thought he was much better than he actually was.

Went to see a Canadian guy called Mike Ward last year too who might be more up your street. Had to pay a disabled kid $42,000 for telling jokes about him.

Stephen K. Amos was outstanding live

Sadowitz worth catching again, the pace he kept up through his set 2 years ago was unreal.

Mike Ward thats another name I recognise, Cheers min will check it out

Stanhope bar none. He's easily the funniest fucker on the planet.

David Cross, Brian Reagan, Patton Oswalt get honourable mentions.

But if there's a funnier cunt than Stanhope I've yet to see him.

Also, interesting fact, he blocked me on Twitter just because I gave him some shit, the thin skinned cunt.

But he's still the funniest fucker on the planet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY3W9Z4bdS8

Is that the best clip of him, keltman?

I think we need to bring you home

Is that the best clip of him, keltman?

I think we need to bring you home

'Best' would be subjective, but it's one of my favourites. You may prefer his bit about getting a blowjob from a dude hooker. Or maybe he's not your kind of comic... anyway, if you don't like him you're wrong to not like him and you should like him... so have a bit of a think about that.

I'll be back shortly after Brexit, when you're getting ten quid for one dollar cash money. I'll buy everyone a beer, or lighter fluid.... or whatever the fuck it is people drink in third world countries. :cheers:

Also, Greg Giraldo...

'Best' would be subjective, but it's one of my favourites. You may prefer his bit about getting a blowjob from a dude hooker. Or maybe he's not your kind of comic... anyway, if you don't like him you're wrong to not like him and you should like him... so have a bit of a think about that.

I'll be back shortly after Brexit, when you're getting ten quid for one dollar cash money. I'll buy everyone a beer, or lighter fluid.... or whatever the fuck it is people drink in third world countries. :cheers:

Also, Greg Giraldo...

Not getting that time back.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone said Michael McIntyre yet?

I hope to fuck not. A comedian for old people and people who spend all day on Facebook liking/sharing pictures of babies.

A colleague of mine went to see him when he had 3 sold out shows in Bergen last month. 3 fuckin sold out shows!?!?

She thought he was fantastic and was nigh on offended when eh gave my opinion on the jumpy little cunt.

There's a lot of comics people have mentioned that I have seen/liked, so I would add:

Emo Philips

Janey Godley

Paul Foot

Lou Sanders

And if you can get to a Henry Rollins spoken word show and have some semblance of who he is, I would recommend him too.

Get a life losers

There's is no such thing as a decent stand up

Although Bluto is verging on cartoon territory and most definitely teetering on the verges of society through his vapid alcoholism, I think he has a point to a degree.

You'll probably meet funnier cunts in the "battle cruiser" than the stand up's given air-time on the BBC and such.

The bird threw Louis CK on the other day and I found him to be pretty decent.

There's a lot of comics people have mentioned that I have seen/liked, so I would add:

Emo Philips

Janey Godley

Paul Foot

Lou Sanders

And if you can get to a Henry Rollins spoken word show and have some semblance of who he is, I would recommend him too.

Been to see Paul Foot. Bizarre, and not really in a good way.

• 2 weeks later...