New Stadium Approved

Try getting out of awpr onto south kingswells big roundabout at rush hour and that is before whole bypass open nevermind a football crowd

No lights at that roundabout at all

Use they roundabout every rush hour, coming from the south of the city. Never had an issue??

Obviously a football stadium is going to increase volume but that roundabout is currently fine IMO

I still think the footprint for the pavilion or whatever they are calling it is fucking tiny.

Going by the plans Sheddocksley sports centre isn't far off it in size.

the pavilion doesn’t have games halls or anything like that though. It just has changing rooms, physio rooms, offices etc. I actually thought it looked pretty big when you see all the big lorry’s alongside. Like someone said previously you don’t really get the sense of size until the walls go up. Exciting stuff seeing the progress though

the pavilion doesn’t have games halls or anything like that though. It just has changing rooms, physio rooms, offices etc. I actually thought it looked pretty big when you see all the big lorry’s alongside. Like someone said previously you don’t really get the sense of size until the walls go up. Exciting stuff seeing the progress though

It also has a restaurant and a gym in it, so not that small.

I think it looks tiny because it’s really far away......

With the trucks and cranes it does look a decent size, just maybe not as big as you’d expect for a large training/community facility?

I think it looks tiny because it’s really far away......

& it was quite cold the day the photo was taken.

Anyway, it's not that small it's easily as long as the width of a football pitch.

Probably not far off as big as the footprint of the DD stand. Maybe not the whole footprint but the lower concourse inside bit maybe

• Upvote 1

I still think the footprint for the pavilion or whatever they are calling it is fucking tiny.

Going by the plans Sheddocksley sports centre isn't far off it in size.

Small footprint, but just going to bang on a couple of extra floors, stick the roof on, then get retrospective planning consent. Easy.

& it was quite cold the day the photo was taken.

Anyway, it's not that small it's easily as long as the width of a football pitch.

Probably not far off as big as the footprint of the DD stand. Maybe not the whole footprint but the lower concourse inside bit maybe

It's 60 x 23m.

With the trucks and cranes it does look a decent size, just maybe not as big as you’d expect for a large training/community facility?

Doesn't appear to be as big as you'd think it would need to. 

Ia there not another building for the community facilities? Or is that all in the stadium. This seems to just be changing and the football department offices and the gym

The plan is for the first team to use the changing and office facilities in the stadium when it is built. The pavilion will only be used by the first team until the stadium is done at which point the "professional" end of it will be used by the full time youth players/staff. Although there's no gym in the stadium so I guess the first team will continue to use that in the pavilion. 

The plan is for the first team to use the changing and office facilities in the stadium when it is built. The pavilion will only be used by the first team until the stadium is done at which point the "professional" end of it will be used by the full time youth players/staff. Although there's no gym in the stadium so I guess the first team will continue to use that in the pavilion. 

Good knowledge.

Makes sense, but will still have to wait until 2024 (at the earliest in my opinion) make use of the scenario you mention.

• Downvote 1