Sam Cosgrove

Stockley mk II?

21, 6 Foot 2

Signed by Wigan, on loan at Barrow & Chorley.

Carlisle last year, played 8, scored 1.

Have we signed him then? If we have it kinds of make a mockery of Derek's statement that he would not bring anyone in during the window who was not at least at the level of McGinn. Speaking for myself I quite like the idea of a big young striker who gives the team the option of playing the long game when required. Bring him on.

Now now you're being selective with the statistics.

For his career to date he has played 33, scored 1.

I won't judge until I see him play, assuming we complete the move, but I do worry it will be another in the line of non-goalscoring strikers in the line of Maynard, Stockley, Parker, Storey, Burns that McInnes has signed. If we bring him in and punt Maynard tomorrow then can only be a positive but otherwise????

I won't judge until I see him play, assuming we complete the move, but I do worry it will be another in the line of non-goalscoring strikers in the line of Maynard, Stockley, Parker, Storey, Burns that McInnes has signed. If we bring him in and punt Maynard tomorrow then can only be a positive but otherwise????

Bet he scores before Maynard does

Now now you're being selective with the statistics.

For his career to date he has played 33, scored 1.

Steady now. I just posted in a hurry from my phone after reading the transfer gossip on twitter.

So quick to criticise, patronise, attack...how insecure are you?

Not particularly enthused about this one. I can't believe I'm about to say this but I think I'd rather have Stokes on a deal to the end of the season even with all the hassle that would come with him.

Concur. We have enough goals in our attacking midfielders, while all 3 of our CFs are more than capable of improvement. I'd rather we got a CM & LB, or put Shinnie back to LB.

Have we signed him then? If we have it kinds of make a mockery of Derek's statement that he would not bring anyone in during the window who was not at least at the level of McGinn. Speaking for myself I quite like the idea of a big young striker who gives the team the option of playing the long game when required. Bring him on.

Aye it does make a mockery of Deek's statement, but as he seems to get an easy ride from journalists, no doubt no one will question it. Can only assume he is punting Maynard and replacing him with another 'wildcard' signing. His track record on these is pretty grim so i'm not doing cartwheels (even if I could).

Aye it does make a mockery of Deek's statement, but as he seems to get an easy ride from journalists, no doubt no one will question it. Can only assume he is punting Maynard and replacing him with another 'wildcard' signing. His track record on these is pretty grim so i'm not doing cartwheels (even if I could).

We signed Stockley on a free, he wasn't terrible and we sold him on at a profit. I'd say that was a success.

We signed Stockley on a free, he wasn't terrible and we sold him on at a profit. I'd say that was a success.

Yeah, we did well to sell him on at profit I think. He wasn't great but he did a job, plus major positives in the goal v Partick Thistle and that elbow on Tierney should not be underplayed.

Dinna worry about having to do cartwheels. At oor age it's nae a good idea and would likely result in a long spell in traction. Besides I can find no reference to this so called transfer in any other source but here. My new rule of thumb is if you read it here first it's shite.

Dinna worry about having to do cartwheels. At oor age it's nae a good idea and would likely result in a long spell in traction. Besides I can find no reference to this so called transfer in any other source but here. My new rule of thumb is if you read it here first it's shite.

... I was just working to 'its shite if you read it here' but I'll bow to your better judgement!

I am willing to trust McInnes on this one. Given that neither Maynard nor even May are dependable options having another dimension to our attack makes sense. We need someone who can offer us hold-up play, aerial ability, more goals from open play and general presence in attack.

In general our finishing could be better, particularly in and around the penalty box. Its worth trying something different.

COYR