Sam Cosgrove

Tell you who’s a clever fouler. McKenna. Sublime niggling today topped off by nipping Steve Maclean in the back.

Cracker.

I watched the game yesterday and thought the same, McKenna showed some subline niggling to the Jambos players, a different class well beyond his years. Various pushes and nggles but one in particular when there was a Hearts player down at the touch line with the ball close to him, he nipped in and stuck the ball out of play and just got enough on the player also to have him wound up to the hilt and greetin' to the referee and linesman. He then walked away with an innocent face like butter wouldn't melt with both hands in the air. He must have been watching back some old Willie Miller videos, very Miller like.

• Upvote 1

I watched the game yesterday and thought the same, McKenna showed some subline niggling to the Jambos players, a different class well beyond his years. Various pushes and nggles but one in particular when there was a Hearts player down at the touch line with the ball close to him, he nipped in and stuck the ball out of play and just got enough on the player also to have him wound up to the hilt and greetin' to the referee and linesman. He then walked away with an innocent face like butter wouldn't melt with both hands in the air. He must have been watching back some old Willie Miller videos, very Miller like.

Yeah saw that too, it's the sort of stuff Berra has been doing for a few years in between pages of his newspaper, Berra was also made to look very ordinary today. McLean crying was pretty funny, I wondered what Joe Lewis was doing looking at his back at first. A complete turnaround from the match against them at Tynecastle

Yeah he's a total sneaky WUM.

Fly nips here & there lol

Yeah saw that too, it's the sort of stuff Berra has been doing for a few years in between pages of his newspaper, Berra was also made to look very ordinary today. McLean crying was pretty funny, I wondered what Joe Lewis was doing looking at his back at first. A complete turnaround from the match against them at Tynecastle

Lol Lewis taking the piss out of him was funny. Think that was after McKenna 'appeared' to nip McLean

• Upvote 2

Easy to forget we've got a pretty young team at the moment, so I think they've had to get "street smart" quickly. Hearts definitely knocked out any rhythm or chance of it in the game at Tynecastle, but we have been doing that to most teams now, the niggle, tough tackles, hard running, chasing down the opposition, communication between players and everyone motivating each other......combined with confidence in teammates and the difference in performance from the start of the season, even a month ago is amazing.

And I don't think we've played our best yet.

Easy to forget we've got a pretty young team at the moment, so I think they've had to get "street smart" quickly. Hearts definitely knocked out any rhythm or chance of it in the game at Tynecastle, but we have been doing that to most teams now, the niggle, tough tackles, hard running, chasing down the opposition, communication between players and everyone motivating each other......combined with confidence in teammates and the difference in performance from the start of the season, even a month ago is amazing.

Even guys like GMS, Shinnie, Stevie May are still only in their mid to late 20s.

I'd make it a priority to keep the group together.  Considine and McGinn are about the only ones who are "getting on" in relative terms, and even they are only early 30s with a few more years in them if they stay fit.

Berra was blowing out his arse. Must be hard work reading a paper on the pitch. He’s done

• Upvote 2

Thought we were brilliant yesterday. Outplayed and out bullied the Hearts cloggers. Great to watch

• Upvote 1

Carlisle fans on Cosgrove:

"The sale of Cosgrove is like Brexit, for me. We didn’t really understand what was a stake and it wasn’t properly explained. We were promised that the we would have extra money to spend and that this would be a good deal.

The only fair thing to do now would be for the transfer to be annulled and for us to be able to decide again, whether we really wanted to sell him to Aberdeen."

https://www.thecumbrians.net/cufc-forum/main-forum/9085-ex-player-watch-18-19?start=50#191176

9M bid from China incoming

You might be joking, but it's maybe something the EE or P&J could be helping us out with here. The Daily Record run cheerleading stories about hun and tim players all the time, how about the local papers run with a bit of hype on our guys. It's very easy to unvent an unnamed Chinese or UAE side who could be interested in one or two of our top performers, let's get their value increased a bit as it seems to work for the Glasgow teams.

• Upvote 2
  • Site Sponsor

You might be joking, but it's maybe something the EE or P&J could be helping us out with here. The Daily Record run cheerleading stories about hun and tim players all the time, how about the local papers run with a bit of hype on our guys. It's very easy to unvent an unnamed Chinese or UAE side who could be interested in one or two of our top performers, let's get their value increased a bit as it seems to work for the Glasgow teams.

Who reads the EE or P&J though?