Sam Cosgrove

“His strong preference was for a clean break now. We talked about extending Sam’s deal, but it was made clear that the situation had come around based on the opportunity he had been presented for a move to the SPL with Aberdeen. Therefore, a new contract was not an option either

Might be one for the future, fuck knows D.M hasn't the best track record

Judging by the countless tweets I've seen they are amazed that we are signing him and think that our league must be utter shite.

Opposite to what I'm seeing young Niall!

From the forums, the Carlisle fans have no idea if the guy is any good or not. Hardly surprising as he's only played half a dozen games. Possible potential and ifs and buts. Presumably a scout has flagged up his name but it looks a long shot to me.

A fair few getting knickers in twists about this kid. It's barely even newsworthy.

He's going straight into the under 20s and will hopefully provide a focal point for attack and help in the overall development of the under 20s team. Something that has been missing for a wee while. Who knows, he may end up banging them in for Blackburn one day....

If this is 'one for the future' then fine, though at 21 you should probably be pushing for a first team place. And it's not like we're short on players who can play up front.

Still doesn't address the glaring gap between Left Back and Midfield... and it's not like that issue has snuck up on McInnes... we've known about Considine's weakness at LB for a long, long fucking time.

So far another shite January window.

If this is 'one for the future' then fine, though at 21 you should probably be pushing for a first team place. And it's not like we're short on players who can play up front.

Still doesn't address the glaring gap between Left Back and Midfield... and it's not like that issue has snuck up on McInnes... we've known about Considine's weakness at LB for a long, long fucking time.

So far another shite January window.

Preparing for the future is only sensible.

I believe we are preparing for the new pitches due to be introduced by the SPFL from 2019.

These will be triangular and as a result the full back position will become redundant with all teams fielding 3 centre backs, 3 wingers, 3 strikers and a "centre forward-back" to defend from the front of the triangle.

Expect lots of long diagonals down the touchline.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1