Afc In Unusual Places

Been watching channel 4 documentary “Paul Heaton: From Hull to Heatongrad”. 20 minutes from the end, a static shot of a couple of football pennants on the wall of the studio. One was Millwall, the other was our very own Aberdeen FC. WTF?!!

It a Hull Penang in sight. What’s the story there?

Any other unexpected sighttings of The Famous?

I remember John Gordon Sinclair playing a Dons ta. In a short drama with Alan Davies a few years back (god knows the name).

Girlfriend of mine sometimes wears the Aberdeen top I gave her whilst cleaning rooms at a hotel in Sunny beach , Bulgaria. Hotel has 90% German customers and she says that she has had some interesting comments and some Bayern fans who really want to speak football with her even though she knows fuck all.

Been watching channel 4 documentary “Paul Heaton: From Hull to Heatongrad”. 20 minutes from the end, a static shot of a couple of football pennants on the wall of the studio. One was Millwall, the other was our very own Aberdeen FC. WTF?!!

It a Hull Penang in sight. What’s the story there?

Any other unexpected sighttings of The Famous?

I remember John Gordon Sinclair playing a Dons ta. In a short drama with Alan Davies a few years back (god knows the name).

Don't know if it's the same one you're thinking of, but was a made-for-TV film just before the start of France 98 called "my summer with Des", starring John Gordon Sinclair with Neil Morrissey and Rachel Weisz, which was all about Euro 96.

Anyway, there's an Aberdeen poster on the wall. And John Gordon Sinclair plays a Dons fan (pretty sure he's a Hibs fan in real life).

There's a bit where he goes to kiss the trophy in the team poster for good luck and then says "Aw no, we don't have one". But it was 1996, we'd have been League Cup holders at the time.

Anyway, 5 mins 30 secs in you can watch it here:-

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fMrHgZiy94w

Edit: Pretty sure later on in the film the two get into an argument and Neil Morrissey rips down the Aberdeen poster in revenge.

Don't know if it's the same one you're thinking of, but was a made-for-TV film just before the start of France 98 called "my summer with Des", starring John Gordon Sinclair with Neil Morrissey and Rachel Weisz, which was all about Euro 96.

Anyway, there's an Aberdeen poster on the wall. And John Gordon Sinclair plays a Dons fan (pretty sure he's a Hibs fan in real life).

There's a bit where he goes to kiss the trophy in the team poster for good luck and then says "Aw no, we don't have one". But it was 1996, we'd have been League Cup holders at the time.

Anyway, 5 mins 30 secs in you can watch it here:-

Edit: Pretty sure later on in the film the two get into an argument and Neil Morrissey rips down the Aberdeen poster in revenge.

Ah yes, that's the very one.  Turns out I was confusing it with another drama called "Roman Road".