Aberdeen 2 - 0 Hearts

"The fact that Aberdeen are such perennial losers makes our current plight even worse. It's temporary though and our historic superiority will be reclaimed shortly".

The above is what a Hearts fan posted on another forum today. It sums up the utter delusion of Hearts fans in general. They win 3 major trophies in the last 56 years yet one of their fans fails to see the irony in calling another Scottish club perennial losers. A Scottish club that happens to lead them 19-11 in major trophies won since they have competed against each other. And has finished above them in the league for the last 6 seasons. Yet somehow they believe they have historic superiority over a club that has reached heights in the game their fans can only dream of.

Laughable. The most deluded fans in Scotland bar none and by some distance.

• Upvote 6

"The fact that Aberdeen are such perennial losers makes our current plight even worse. It's temporary though and our historic superiority will be reclaimed shortly".

The above is what a Hearts fan posted on another forum today. It sums up the utter delusion of Hearts fans in general. They win 3 major trophies in the last 56 years yet one of their fans fails to see the irony in calling another Scottish club perennial losers. A Scottish club that happens to lead them 19-11 in major trophies won since they have competed against each other. And has finished above them in the league for the last 6 seasons. Yet somehow they believe they have historic superiority over a club that has reached heights in the game their fans can only dream of.

Laughable. The most deluded fans in Scotland bar none and by some distance.

Just read, "We'll still be in the top 6 by the end of the weekend. No way we'll lose to the sheep. A draw at worst. I actually think we'll win and will retract my previous prediction. 2-0 Hearts. The sheep are getting exciting because they beat Dundee and Livingston at home. We'll put them back in their box."

Some Hearts fans seem very confident.

Hearts likely to change their goalkeeper for this one and bring back Naismith.

Cochrane and Wighton both declared out for this Saturday. Naismith is mostly likely back from injury. They appear to be really struggling for numbers. Can still see Hearts putting in a decent performance despite the absentees. Just hope we can nick an early goal - we really need to assert pressure on them from the start and make it count. They'll park the bus and look to hit us on the counter. Thats my worry.

Just read, "We'll still be in the top 6 by the end of the weekend. No way we'll lose to the sheep. A draw at worst. I actually think we'll win and will retract my previous prediction. 2-0 Hearts. The sheep are getting exciting because they beat Dundee and Livingston at home. We'll put them back in their box."

Some Hearts fans seem very confident.

Some. Every club has its delusional fringe. Something is rotten in Hearts just now, can feel it. Injuries is a smoke screen. Although pretty bad. Just dinnae see the effort, few coasting. Either big time charlies think they've arrived or something stinks in the dressing room. Think our Director of Football should start giving the manager a bit of a hard time.

Our first XI still gives me a bit hope and think with right tactics (sigh) would give most teams a hard time, but still work to do:

Bobby (starting to play like a keeper that's been a no.2 his whole career, oh...)

Souttar (the boy is becoming a man under Berra and Levein, getting nasty, like McKenna, good)

Berra (solid, wins more headers / tackles than rest of league's CHs)

Dunne (gets us, great lad, great effort and positioning, can tell he's EPL)

Haring (accidental best signing, CH becomes great MF ball winner and goal threat)

Lee (wow, just fell away, player in there but needs a rollicking, you ain't at Luton now, typically we sign and immediately change his position from last team)

Djoum (world class in his own head, punt end of season)

Smith (his best games starting to be sweeper or RCH, good lad and capable)

Mitchell (shadow of the player last season, our LB curse just goes on and on)

Naisy (10/10 - captain on the park and nailing THEM every opportunity endears)

Uche (headless but an absolute tank, unplayable on his game, but that's 1 in 4)

Think under Budge (punt) we've signed c. 100 players now, and still don't have an XI. She goes on about our youth conveyor belt. When everybody is fit there wouldn't even be a youth product on our bench never mind the first team. Cochrane, McDonald, Morrison doing their bits. But reality is in my lifetime our conveyor belts last decent forward was John Robertson. Since then it's been Glen, Carrick, Currie, Weir, Roy, Elliiot and a host of others who were being groomed for Alloa and Raith's first teams.

Anyway, you don't care, nobody cares. Just me. Happy Christmas to Scotland's 4th or 5th biggest.

I'm sticking with 0-0.

• Downvote 1

Some. Every club has its delusional fringe. Something is rotten in Hearts just now, can feel it. Injuries is a smoke screen. Although pretty bad. Just dinnae see the effort, few coasting. Either big time charlies think they've arrived or something stinks in the dressing room. Think our Director of Football should start giving the manager a bit of a hard time.

Our first XI still gives me a bit hope and think with right tactics (sigh) would give most teams a hard time, but still work to do:

Bobby (starting to play like a keeper that's been a no.2 his whole career, oh...)

Souttar (the boy is becoming a man under Berra and Levein, getting nasty, like McKenna, good)

Berra (solid, wins more headers / tackles than rest of league's CHs)

Dunne (gets us, great lad, great effort and positioning, can tell he's EPL)

Haring (accidental best signing, CH becomes great MF ball winner and goal threat)

Lee (wow, just fell away, player in there but needs a rollicking, you ain't at Luton now, typically we sign and immediately change his position from last team)

Djoum (world class in his own head, punt end of season)

Smith (his best games starting to be sweeper or RCH, good lad and capable)

Mitchell (shadow of the player last season, our LB curse just goes on and on)

Naisy (10/10 - captain on the park and nailing THEM every opportunity endears)

Uche (headless but an absolute tank, unplayable on his game, but that's 1 in 4)

Think under Budge (punt) we've signed c. 100 players now, and still don't have an XI. She goes on about our youth conveyor belt. When everybody is fit there wouldn't even be a youth product on our bench never mind the first team. Cochrane, McDonald, Morrison doing their bits. But reality is in my lifetime our conveyor belts last decent forward was John Robertson. Since then it's been Glen, Carrick, Currie, Weir, Roy, Elliiot and a host of others who were being groomed for Alloa and Raith's first teams.

Anyway, you don't care, nobody cares. Just me. Happy Christmas to Scotland's 4th or 5th biggest.

I'm sticking with 0-0.

Surely you mean "Happy Christmas FROM Scotland's 4th or 5th biggest" .

As someone else said above Hearts fans are very possibly the most deluded fans in Scotland. You always have been and will continue to be a nothing club!

• Upvote 6