Scotland V Peru & Mexico

Whatever it is, says page can't be found - but I'm assuming it's in relation to his goal the other day...

Ive also read a few articles on him of people who've tracked his career and have stated that 'it has gone to his head and his attitude is shite'.

Rory Fallon scored a worldie once...

Wasn’t even decent. 2 Koreans fell over in front of him and he bunted it in.

Pub league defending ffs

He’s over hyped to fuck. Big athlete with a bust coupon.

No apologies necessary.

It's unusual to see someone willing to hold their hand up and say they might have got something wrong or misunderstood.

Which I'll also be delighted to do if we get anything like an inflated number for McKenna.

:thumbup1:

I do see where you are coming from ke1t and you're right historically we have been very poor at getting value for money when selling our assets. Ryan Fraser is a good recent example I think most would say that he's a better player than Gauld yet we get £600k for him and DU get £3m for Gauld. Had McKenna made his breakthrough at the same time as Fraser I have no doubt we'd have sold him before he even got capped and probably for the sort of numbers Hull were bidding in January. It wasn't always that way but admittedly it has been since Wiggy has been the chairman (I remember the huns paying £1m and £1.5m respectively for Robertson and Wright back in the early 90's which were good fees for full backs at that point in time).

I guess a lot of of us are looking at it from the angle that we are a club that is now debt free and don't need to just accept the first offer. We do seem to be far more professional as a club in recent years. We have a manager who continually talks up McKenna's star potential and a board that you'd hope will listen to McInnes and not left him go for anything other than top dollar. Wiggy worships McInnes and Del has mentioned a few times now that McKenna has the potential to be sold for a lot of money in the future.

I do see where you are coming from ke1t and you're right historically we have been very poor at getting value for money when selling our assets. Ryan Fraser is a good recent example I think most would say that he's a better player than Gauld yet we get £600k for him and DU get £3m for Gauld. Had McKenna made his breakthrough at the same time as Fraser I have no doubt we'd have sold him before he even got capped and probably for the sort of numbers Hull were bidding in January. It wasn't always that way but admittedly it has been since Wiggy has been the chairman (I remember the huns paying £1m and £1.5m respectively for Robertson and Wright back in the early 90's which were good fees for full backs at that point in time).

I guess a lot of of us are looking at it from the angle that we are a club that is now debt free and don't need to just accept the first offer. We do seem to be far more professional as a club in recent years. We have a manager who continually talks up McKenna's star potential and a board that you'd hope will listen to McInnes and not left him go for anything other than top dollar. Wiggy worships McInnes and Del has mentioned a few times now that McKenna has the potential to be sold for a lot of money in the future.

The other difference now is the length of contract. We used to have our best young players on short term deals so had to sell cheap or for compensation . McKenna, Wright, Campbell all on longer term deals these days.

Aye. Shinnie will have limited caps but should always be in the squad because of his versatility.

Good to have about the place is Graeme...

You don’t really need versatile players when you pick a 22 man squad though.

2 players in each position. (Goalies normally 3 of those so 23 man squad)

The other difference now is the length of contract. We used to have our best young players on short term deals so had to sell cheap or for compensation . McKenna, Wright, Campbell all on longer term deals these days.

...and for THIS reason I could see him moving for maybe an additional million on top of the couple of million I expect we'd get for him.

I would HOPE a hefty sell on clause is possible, regardless of the final tally.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/donsnews/manager-mcinnes-knows-dons-are-still-in-control-of-mckennas-future/amp/

McInnes giving his thoughts on the McKenna situation. Rejecting a £1m plus bid in January when McKenna was uncapped and contracted until 2021 says to me that the club are convinced there is the potential to get a much larger fee for him in the next year or two. Rejecting that bid then extending his contract by a further two years to 2023 is something we just wouldn't have done not so long ago when we were in debt and a permanent bottom 6 team. It says to me that the club are very confident his value will just keep rising as he gains more and more experience with ourselves and with the national team. Definitely changed days and gladly for the better.

• Upvote 2

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/donsnews/manager-mcinnes-knows-dons-are-still-in-control-of-mckennas-future/amp/

McInnes giving his thoughts on the McKenna situation. Rejecting a £1m plus bid in January when McKenna was uncapped and contracted until 2021 says to me that the club are convinced there is the potential to get a much larger fee for him in the next year or two. Rejecting that bid then extending his contract by a further two years to 2023 is something we just wouldn't have done not so long ago when we were in debt and a permanent bottom 6 team. It says to me that the club are very confident his value will just keep rising as he gains more and more experience with ourselves and with the national team. Definitely changed days and gladly for the better.

Hope you're right.