The Mckenna Dilemma

So you'd bring him back off a loan, to sit behind Hoban and Considine, until McKenna and Devlin are back.

So he'd never play.

Another post demonstrating your idiocy.

If McKenna and Devlin were to be out for any length of time, then absolutely.  He's proved he can play mens football, if he's rated, then why not bring him back to play deputy?  Why would we go with a bare two centre halves, when we don't have to?  Particularly when one of the incumbents is extremely injury prone and the alternative is Dom Ball at CB. 

As it were, McInnes has since been quoted that McKenna and Devlin will be back for QoTS... hopefully we can manage without a third centre half until then.

Was pretty unlucky really.

Could probably argue that if Morelos' red was overturned why should McKennas be upheld? The whole review system is a joke.

Unlucky kind of cos the offside wasn’t spotted,but equally as daft to still have his hand in the air to give away the pen.

By review system,you mean review system(in Huns favour?)

McKenna's form had been patchy before his injury. He has played in the last 2 games versus the ugly where we have conceded 8 goals. Against better quality opposition he has looked suspect. No doubt he has potential, but at the moment I can't see any EPL side coming in for him. It is the games against the ugly sisters where they will judge him and last night he was chasing shadows.

• Downvote 2

McKenna's form had been patchy before his injury. He has played in the last 2 games versus the ugly where we have conceded 8 goals. Against better quality opposition he has looked suspect. No doubt he has potential, but at the moment I can't see any EPL side coming in for him. It is the games against the ugly sisters where they will judge him and last night he was chasing shadows.

He's routinely been Scotland's best defender when he's stepped up to that level. 

• Upvote 3

He's routinely been Scotland's best defender when he's stepped up to that level.

In fairness being Scotland’s best CB isn’t much of an achievement at the moment.

At least now he’ll get a few games rest and get back to 100% before he plays again.

The whole defence was fucking shocking last night, not just McKenna.

• Upvote 1

In fairness being Scotland’s best CB isn’t much of an achievement at the moment.

At least now he’ll get a few games rest and get back to 100% before he plays again.

I don't blame them. It was the system used. When we had to go 4 at the back in the second half Rangers never got a sniff when it was 10v10. McInnes being a smart arse from the go is what resulted in us struggling first half. I can understand adopting those tactics in Glasgow at Hampden or Ibrox, but playing in front of your own fans and being in a good vein of form, it's just cowardly.

I don't blame them. It was the system used. When we had to go 4 at the back in the second half Rangers never got a sniff when it was 10v10. McInnes being a smart arse from the go is what resulted in us struggling first half. I can understand adopting those tactics in Glasgow at Hampden or Ibrox, but playing in front of your own fans and being in a good vein of form, it's just cowardly.

It wasn't 3 at the back, it was Considine left back with Lowe in front of him. Then we switched that in the second half and Hoban went into a sitting midfield role until the sendings off.  I agree we were set up wrong and should have started with Hoban sitting in midfield but it was a back 4 all game (until Logan got subbed as we were chasing the winner).

Fair enough, the point I thought I was making was more that he has looked comfortable at international level which is a higher level than playing the huns.

I'd also add he was terrific when we won at Ibrox.

I rate Mckenna very highly, but reckon the understanding he has with Devlin is the key.

Both are great players, but together they are a class above.  Devlin still young too, but has that little bit more experience and together they have a chemistry.

• 4 weeks later...