Connor Mclennan

• 2 months later...

Guess he can get a new thread. Get the feeling he is going to be the subject on many debates to come.

Possibly injured today?

I have liked the look of him lately but most of that appreciation may be coming because others have been poor.

He looks quick, powerful & hard to defend against.

Likes to take on his man but he does tend to either run himself into trouble, or is forced into a last second pass/cross that is very often poor. His crossing is almost always over hit.

Looks like there's decent potential there but his crossing is definitely something that needs work & he needs to get his head up more when running with ball, as he runs himself into dead ends very often but manages to get through sometimes due to strength/momentum rather than skill.

Doing enough to stay in team at moment but mostly due to physicality rather anything else right now.

Hope he continually improves

Well I can safely say he is certainly fulfilling my hopes of improvement & it really hasn't taken him long to do so.

The potential for this lad is huge. Would even go so far as to say he could become one of our most important (especially among the home grown) players going forward. No disrespect to the likes of Campbell, Anderson & even McKenna (he's still classed as one of the young uns ;) ) we really do have some very decent young players breaking (& indeed establishing themselves) into the team.

McKenna, McLennan, Campbell, Ferguson, Anderson & even Cosgrove should be included in this.

Maybe Wright in future but still some doubts over him.

Who else are getting there? Ross?

Certainly bodes well.

Credit to McInnes for this side of things 100%

We should aim to carry 4 players who can play on the wing

Assuming GMS is away then we need two more beyond McGinn and McLennan.

At the moment the chance is there for McLennan to go, stake a claim and say no we dont need other players.

Well Logan can play Left winger mind.

You must know what I mean

Either runs the ball out for a throw or runs right into a cul se sac very very often

If only he was Glaswegian you'd be telling us he's payooor magic byraway

You must know what I mean

Either runs the ball out for a throw or runs right into a cul se sac very very often

I know exactly what you mean and If he's not doing that he's bursting into space to receive a well weighted pass before coolly passing the ball passed a barely human goalkeeper into the net in front of 40,000 weegie mutants to close out what was our best win of the season. Yeah I see what you mean! Gimp!

• Upvote 2

As I have said countless times, I like the guy and think he has potential unlike most youth products from that area

He is however, still thick as mince

Footballers are footballers, they are all thick as mince. I don't think you can attribute his lack of decision making to being thick, rather a lack of experience of when to dribble or when to pass/shoot. Personally, I think we should simplify his game, get him running down the sides with pace, getting crosses stood up into the box and sucking players out to stop him. He is guilty of overplaying at times, but he's 19, he's not going to be the finished article.

I'd say he's had more impressive games than unimpressive games this season. We still need another winger in as he's not ready to start every single week IMO. Prospects from the NE aren't bad at all. Dean Campbell, Frank Ross is a good player just been injured lately, and Conor McLennan included. They also seem to really rate Ethan Ross, so much so he got a few minutes at Celtic Park.

Plenty of prospects from the North East of Scotland.

Would rather these boys than weegie muppets like Zander Diamond or even worse, Craig Storie.

• 2 weeks later...

It's nothing to do with where he is from

If you don't agree he has been extremely wasteful recently then you're kidding yourself

And don't bother with the "he scored at ibrox " keech

John Stewart scored at parkhead and the less said about him the better

Mclennan has all of the building blocks but he should not be starting every game yet

Joe Harper was actually right on Redtv when he said something along the lines of, he’s a good player but he’s still learning and still makes poor decisions because he’s inexperienced. Not because he’s shite or thick :laughing: