Sevco Thread

Remember how Rangers transgressions were described as "the only thing worse would be match fixing"?

It appears that a match fixing scandal might be breaking involving the final game of the 2003 campaign and alleged payments to Jimmy Calderwood whose Pars conceded 6 to hand the title to Rangers.

I so want this to be true. Nae that it'll make much difference to the bankrupt, perma-unemployed mess that is Jimmy Calderwood.

So Calderwood takes the Dunfermline job on the instruction of David Murray with the promise of the Rangers job if things "go well."

Then in 2003 Rangers beat Calderwood's Dunfermline 6-1 on the last day of the season with an injury time penalty to win the title on goal difference by one goal. :whistling:

I wonder if JC has an EBT somewhere? :itch-chin:

You heard it here first... Though from hearing that shambles of an interview on Sportsound a couple of years ago, firm promises of the huns job only existed in JC's deluded brain.

Would love this to be true as much as the next person, but if the Tango man was involved in match fixing, then so must have his players, and you'd have though that in the intervening 14 years, SOMEBODY would have let slip.....

I'd imagine whether it was 14 years ago or 14 minutes ago, the legal implications would be the same.

Even if it was true, which I doubt, I reckon the SFA statement would be something along these lines.

It was the 'oldco', not the 'newco', so we can't do anything about it. So please go away and leave us alone

Of course that will be the outcome. As it was the old club/company they can't punish them. Dunfermline will get automatic relegation or something though.

Of course that will be the outcome. As it was the old club/company they can't punish them. Dunfermline will get automatic relegation or something though.

The newco had to pay the £250k fine from the LNS decision so SPFL have set a precedent for punishing them for the crimes of the oldco.

Irrelevant though because this is all most definitely shite.

Fair play, he's the only one to release the SPFL failure to appeal LNS communications that saw Celtic on holiday (aye right), Duncan Fraser and, to be fair, Ralph Topping saying this looks a bit shite and everyone else apparently moving on.

Assuming it was genuine kudos to him for that.

Yes, he has broken a few things others were scared of doing I think.

But there's still a touch of madness there, the more I read from him the more concerning some of his rants appear.

Aye, fck all will happen even if it is true.

John James is a bit a nutter as well, not to be trusted as a source of anything really.

Indeed. He does swing and miss sometimes.

That said he's not the actual source on this one. I believe the source is related to CQN where investigation and analysis of documents has uncovered it. SFA have intervened and prevented publication.

http://www.celticquicknews.co.uk/a-developing-story/

You heard it here first... Though from hearing that shambles of an interview on Sportsound a couple of years ago, firm promises of the huns job only existed in JC's deluded brain.

I think there is something in the story that Murray swung the Dunfermline job for Caldo.

But its not that Murray might have dangled a carrot for Calderwood thats worrying, its that he apparently had some influence of Dunfermlines choice of manager.

If I recall correctly Gavin Masterton was in charge of Dunfermline at the time and was also one of Murrays old chums from the Bank of Murray Scotland duriing the days when they gave Murray's business empire endless never to be paid back loans.

I think there is something in the story that Murray swung the Dunfermline job for Caldo.

But its not that Murray might have dangled a carrot for Calderwood thats worrying, its that he apparently had some influence of Dunfermlines choice of manager.

If I recall correctly Gavin Masterton was in charge of Dunfermline at the time and was also one of Murrays old chums from the Bank of Murray Scotland duriing the days when they gave Murray's business empire endless never to be paid back loans.

Tango admitted this was true in an Off the Ball interview, that Murray got him the Dunfermline job.

And Masterton is almost certainly the key link.

It gets quite involved with Masterton at BoS. One of Hearts' previous owners (Robinson?) said in a Hearts fans meeting that he was told by the bank if he didn't accept the offer on the table for Neil McCann they would have their overdraft withdrawn. Of course the offer on the table was from David Murrays Rangers.

Far be it from me to take the side of the Huns but on the day that Dunfermline lost 6-1 away Kilmarnock lost 4-0 on their own ground to Celtic.

Kilmarnock finished fourth that season 11 points clear of Dunfermline in fifth and prior to the last day games Kilmarnock had conceded 52 goals to Dunfermline's 65.

However there is no question in the "minds" of Celtic fans that Kilmarnock did anything but their best.

It gets quite involved with Masterton at BoS. One of Hearts' previous owners (Robinson?) said in a Hearts fans meeting that he was told by the bank if he didn't accept the offer on the table for Neil McCann they would have their overdraft withdrawn. Of course the offer on the table was from David Murrays Rangers.

Not surprising really.

Bank of Scotland also tried to push Celtic into administration during this era.

Seems they were operating a lot of favours for David Murray, they "loaned" him some crazy amount of money during that period. Never got any of it back.

He'd do it without being asked, but if I were David Murray I wouldn't trust him with match fixing without fucking it up or blabbing about it. Simpler just sticking to tax fraud and relying on staunch refs.

On the other hand, if he did, and Caldo subsequently got blackmailed by someone in the know at Dunfermline, it would at least explain that stinking Scottish cup display against them in 2009. Fuck knows how to account for QotS though.

He could just select the worst players available in a stupid formation with everyone out of position. Can't say I ever remember Jimmy doing that right enough.

Joking aside though thats not exactly guaranteed to produce the required result is it?

Match fixing is going to need a few people involved to make it work, I can't really see it tbh.

Would be funny if they had though - and got caught.

Far be it from me to take the side of the Huns but on the day that Dunfermline lost 6-1 away Kilmarnock lost 4-0 on their own ground to Celtic.

Kilmarnock finished fourth that season 11 points clear of Dunfermline in fifth and prior to the last day games Kilmarnock had conceded 52 goals to Dunfermline's 65.

However there is no question in the "minds" of Celtic fans that Kilmarnock did anything but their best.

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/FOOTBALL%3A+YOU+MIGHT+HAVE+LOST+MORE+GOALS+MATE%3B+Ex-Celt%27s+fury+at...-a0102337765