Video Games

s1dnk

PAL nes games are hard to find in the uk it was poorly marketed and Nintendo didn't care about the uk at that point. sega master system is far more accessible in this country.

neo geo x anyone? it's not even made by snk/playmore, but some outfit called tommo. the screens meant to be a bit shit and the tv picture as well. I hope they bring out another with higher spec. metal slug on the move!

• 8 months later...

Aye, that's pish. Far better to wait a couple o months till it drops in price, OK, said shooter may be the dogs bollox but I'm fuct if i'm gonna be a sad fuck that lines up just so I can say I was one of the first ones to get a game. Who the fuck thinks that's somehow cool anyway?

Was at Game a couple of weeks back, 5 games for £20, great deal. Got:

Syndicate (shooter, too bloody easy and bugger all to do with the Amiga classic)

Wolfenstein (far more like it, exterminating the Nazis)

Ace Combat 6 (Flight simulator, bloody good laugh)

Split Second (Racing game, mental)

Max Payne 3, just started this, awesome game about a permanently pished ex copper protecting rich folks in Brazil)

Is now a barber's. Shame, was a good place to get hard to find games. At a gig just now, but played a bit more of Max Payne, incredible that this is in the bargain bin- like playing a movie in places, very different from most other shooters, it plays a bit like Gears Of War to be honest, but the plot and action is bang on. Just done a mission where you have a massive gun battle at a fitba stadium, unfortunately not during a match, but diving doon the stands to dodge grenades, simultaneously blasting the dick at the bottom hurling them up is decent.

Is now a barber's. Shame, was a good place to get hard to find games. At a gig just now, but played a bit more of Max Payne, incredible that this is in the bargain bin- like playing a movie in places, very different from most other shooters, it plays a bit like Gears Of War to be honest, but the plot and action is bang on. Just done a mission where you have a massive gun battle at a fitba stadium, unfortunately not during a match, but diving doon the stands to dodge grenades, simultaneously blasting the dick at the bottom hurling them up is decent.

I actually just completed Max Payne 3 this week. I agree about it being like a movie and you just wait until you reach the police station level, that was epic in terms of bloodshed and violence.

Really liking that feature when you get to the last guy in a area, the camera goes into slow motion and you can pump the bugger full of bullets, entire clip in the boys heid,hud at ye cunt .

The thing that caught me out to start with was the fact the game doesn't feature a regenerative health system which has become something of the norm for shooter type games. I like the way that if you're about to die but have some painkillers on you, you can kill the guy who is about to kill you in a dramatic slow motion scene. Bit annoying when you've fallen over and don't have a clear shot to save yourself though.

That slow motion final kill provided me with a few laughs especially if you caught the guy with an shot right through his eye.

• Upvote 1

I actually just completed Max Payne 3 this week. I agree about it being like a movie and you just wait until you reach the police station level, that was epic in terms of bloodshed and violence.

Finished the game on Friday, spot on chief. Best bit for me was the New Jersey levels, especially the shootout in the cemetery, but the police station was something else again.

Got Medal Of Honour Warfighter, another £5 bargain bin game, "heavily inspired by real events" doesn't even come close, one of the missions has you pull off the lifeboat rescue of Captain Philips fae Somalian pirates pretty much as it happened in real life. Cracking game tho, slaughtering Al Queda left and right. Kinda know why this one's in the bargain bin, didn't sell very well on account of Not Being Call Of Duty.

• 2 weeks later...

Caledonia? have you done the star road and all that balls? it's one of the best games ever.

any self respecting beat-em-up fan will be buying jo-jo's bizarre adventure - all star battle.

40/40 in one jap mag/website! and these lads don't dish it out like that willy nilly.

it may be one of the se games which would help if you know the mange and anime, but it loks fuckin ace.

"red hot chilli pepper" and "sticky fingaz" shout the fighters, most of the characters are based on pop groups, singers and the like! love jap games, especially treasure, (radiant silvergun, guardian heroes, gunstar heroes, etc.)

oh oh o_o

Caledonia? were you extracting the urine? as slim jim baxter may have said.

mind the boy, jose luis brown who scored in the 86 world cup final. his granddad, john brown, brought association football to argentina from Scotland. john brown may have been voted greatest ever Argentinian! eva peron might've won that, I'm not sure.

What's the best way these days to get old classic games on a new system i.e. one that isn't 20yo and liable to fall to pieces?

And I dinna mean a PC emulator.

I know you can download a few old games on Xbox Live but not many.

Any suggestion.

What's the best way these days to get old classic games on a new system i.e. one that isn't 20yo and liable to fall to pieces?

And I dinna mean a PC emulator.

I know you can download a few old games on Xbox Live but not many.

Any suggestion.