Motherwell 0 - 2 Aberdeen

The boy Main sums up Scottish fitba.

He bounced around several lower league teams in England - and without fail he made an arse out of himself at every single one.

He then struts up to Scotland and is already one of the best players in the region!

The mask is slipping...!

Hector, Ward, Church, Maddison, I think would be players that most fans didnt know much about but that, overall, were a success.

Hector I will give you. Church was relatively well known enough & had a reasonably credible stature. Breaking though at international level. Ward was rated & at Liverpool ffs. Maddison was rated at £3m+

So no not really ones that fall into the 'great discovery by scouts' Hector aside like I say.

The scouts have been (for the most part) shite at finding undiscovered, or unexpected & cheap talent for us. Especially in terms of us signing on ft deals.

Guest milne_afc

Yes he is

And will be in England squad as predicted

What you basing your claim on? I agree he's got a chance of an England call up.

id say an excellent ratio was more than half the players are of the required quality

so good is probably more than a quarter?

what mcinnes might argue is that not all players should count towards the score as some have been under a grand per week random punts

How do we end up with Logan and Lewis and they end up with kipre and the lescott lookalike?

It's a mixed bag at every club.

We've not been particularly good at it lately, although we've had some successes.

Lewis wasn't discovered by a scouting network - he was a very very widely known, proven player.

Then before we compare with say Motherwell you've got to consider that we can pay more than they can, we are only seeing the ones they find and can then afford to bring in. We should be able to pay more and get better players more often IF our network is comparable.

For every good find we've had, we've had 2/3 that have been absolutely tragic. The likes of Burns, Monakana, that GK Collins was it?

We're never going to get every one right, nobody does, but we should be expecting better of our scouting dept.

A 2 year pursuit for Tansey for him to turn round and say he'd rather go play elsewhere than fight for a place in our team is another howler they've had.

True. But why not strive for better when it looks achievable.

We are all feeling a bit Ash Taylor about all our 2nd place medals

Not that we'd trade it for 22nd place...

I'm not saying we should not strive for better, I'm just failing to see why we shouldn't be jealous with other teams doing well with one or two finds from the English lower leagues when they'll have had a whole load of shite passing through as well.

Plus to bring perspective to the table, and since we are talking about him, in two of Ash Taylor's three seasons at the club, 2014/15 (33 goals) and 2016/17 (35 goals) were the two lowest goals against tallies in the last 25 seasons.

Yet I'm sure most people would class him as a poor signing from England.

Taylor would have to go down as a success although he was shite

Strongly disagree. Taylor was nothing but detrimental to that team. Might have been part of a relatively successful team (that still won fuck all) but it was despite him being there.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

How is it Al? What Im saying is, is that we're still more or less second - for all the success motherwell and kilmarnock have had with signings this year, the'yre still well off the pace of us, and have been for a number of years.

So not a dumb comment you wee prick - feel free to jet over so I can give you a red hot arse.

If you want to fulfil fantasies then you'll have to pay the fare, pops.

• Upvote 1

Plus to bring perspective to the table, and since we are talking about him, in two of Ash Taylor's three seasons at the club, 2014/15 (33 goals) and 2016/17 (35 goals) were the two lowest goals against tallies in the last 25 seasons.

Yet I'm sure most people would class him as a poor signing from England.

Ash Taylor goes into the I've seen more worse than better category of defenders at Aberdeen

• Downvote 1