Director of Football

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,465 posts
  • Joined 30-June 11

Posted 20 October 2018 - 10:26 AM

Obviously a piss take from Boyd.

Quite amusing actually.

I suppose it is when you look at it that way.

But then doesn't that make about 90% of Scottish Football coverage a piss take too?

#1742 OFFLINE   Sonoftherock

Sonoftherock

Director of Football

• Moderators
  • 11,735 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05

Posted 20 October 2018 - 10:45 AM

I suppose it is when you look at it that way.

But then doesn't that make about 90% of Scottish Football coverage a piss take too?

Boyd just picks on Aberdeen because he knows we're a relatively big fish... and he'll get plenty of bites.  That's why he comes after us so often.  The guy is just trying to build a profile for himself, once he hangs up the boots..... which looks like it'll be sooner, rather than later.

"Whenever I'm in Edinburgh I roll with the T.Y.T (Tollcross Young Team)" - Romeo, So Solid Crew

#1743 ONLINE   Shinniesta

Shinniesta

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Joined 10-March 17

Posted 20 October 2018 - 10:53 AM

Boyd just picks on Aberdeen because he knows we're a relatively big fish... and he'll get plenty of bites. That's why he comes after us so often. The guy is just trying to build a profile for himself, once he hangs up the boots..... which looks like it'll be sooner, rather than later.

He makes himself look like a bit of tit though even if he is on the wind up. You don't call out a club for being small and tinpot when you play for a far smaller club than the one you are discussing. Killie fans would be well within their rights to ask him if he feels AFC are a small tinpot club what are his views on the club he currently plays for considering their average home crowd is around a third of what Aberdeen's is.

Boyd isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer though you always have to keep than in mind.

#1744 ONLINE   HairyPie

HairyPie

Proper Gent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts
  • Joined 08-July 16

Posted 20 October 2018 - 10:57 AM

He makes himself look like a bit of tit though even if he is on the wind up. You don't call out a club for being small and tinpot when you play for a far smaller club than the one you are discussing. Killie fans would be well within their rights to ask him if he feels AFC are a small tinpot club what are his views on the club he currently plays for considering their average home crowd is around a third of what Aberdeen's is.

Boyd isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer though you always have to keep than in mind.

He is a mink. 

#1745 OFFLINE   Sonoftherock

Sonoftherock

Director of Football

• Moderators
  • 11,735 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05

Posted 20 October 2018 - 10:58 AM

As I say, all he is worried about is that people are talking about him, so that he remains relevant.  Which is exactly what we're doing now.  So it's working.

"Whenever I'm in Edinburgh I roll with the T.Y.T (Tollcross Young Team)" - Romeo, So Solid Crew

#1746 OFFLINE   fifered

fifered

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,828 posts
  • Joined 08-January 08

Posted 20 October 2018 - 11:02 AM

Nothing more than pathetic clickbait from the fat hun cunt.  His opinion is meaningless.

Whilst the club were right in wanting to aim at a 50/50 in reality it was never ever going to happen.  The club set themselves up for the embarrassment.  They should have asked for tickets to be set aside and released to us or the huns depending on sales.  Perfectly reasonable way to have done it and then this nonsense wouldnt have played out this way.

As for all pundits and papers, it just suits their agenda at the moment to give us a kick.  Other than the Scotsman article not one Ive seen has actually given a balanced report of the consistently shit attendances at league cup semis for years.  None have mentioned 45000 Aberdeen fans at Celtic Park when we won it.  None of that suits them.  They throw up hearts selling loads of tickets, good on hearts, but if we were top of the league with a semi being played in Aberdeen i'm pretty confident our sales would be equally good.

Fact is we are playing shit, struggle to score goals, lots of people are fed up/getting more fed up with how scottish football is run, its a cup competition that never attracts high crowds.  Our sales were always going to be shit.

Best thing to do is go down there and hump those hun cunts and boyd, ferguson etc will have very little to say about it.

#1747 ONLINE   Shinniesta

Shinniesta

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Joined 10-March 17

Posted 20 October 2018 - 11:15 AM

Nothing more than pathetic clickbait from the fat hun cunt.  His opinion is meaningless.

Whilst the club were right in wanting to aim at a 50/50 in reality it was never ever going to happen.  The club set themselves up for the embarrassment.  They should have asked for tickets to be set aside and released to us or the huns depending on sales.  Perfectly reasonable way to have done it and then this nonsense wouldnt have played out this way.

As for all pundits and papers, it just suits their agenda at the moment to give us a kick.  Other than the Scotsman article not one Ive seen has actually given a balanced report of the consistently shit attendances at league cup semis for years.  None have mentioned 45000 Aberdeen fans at Celtic Park when we won it.  None of that suits them.  They throw up hearts selling loads of tickets, good on hearts, but if we were top of the league with a semi being played in Aberdeen i'm pretty confident our sales would be equally good.

Fact is we are playing shit, struggle to score goals, lots of people are fed up/getting more fed up with how scottish football is run, its a cup competition that never attracts high crowds.  Our sales were always going to be shit.

Best thing to do is go down there and hump those hun cunts and boyd, ferguson etc will have very little to say about it.

Very well put sir.

As you say the best way to end this whole fiasco would be to beat these horrible cunts and send 32,000 of them away from Hampden to do what they always do after defeats in big games which is to get even more pished, fight in the street, smash up a few establishments, stab a few innocent passers by then finally go home to knock seven bells of shit out of their other half.

#1748 ONLINE   HairyPie

HairyPie

Proper Gent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts
  • Joined 08-July 16

Posted 20 October 2018 - 11:22 AM

Very well put sir.

As you say the best way to end this whole fiasco would be to beat these horrible cunts and send 32,000 of them away from Hampden to do what they always do after defeats in big games which is to get even more pished, fight in the street, smash up a few establishments, stab a few innocent passers by then finally go home to knock seven bells of shit out of their other half.

Deserved IMO for going out with a hun.

#1749 OFFLINE   Oban Red

Oban Red

Breakthrough Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Joined 13-November 16

Posted 20 October 2018 - 12:03 PM

How the fuck is a serving player allowed by the SFA to bad mouth other clubs? A manager wouldn't get away with it.

#1750 OFFLINE   perthshirered

perthshirered

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Joined 27-February 08

Posted 20 October 2018 - 12:04 PM

He is a head case with a family history of mental illness, im not sure what else anyone would expect to come out of his gob.

#1751 ONLINE   HairyPie

HairyPie

Proper Gent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts
  • Joined 08-July 16

Posted 20 October 2018 - 12:07 PM

How the fuck is a serving player allowed by the SFA to bad mouth other clubs? A manager wouldn't get away with it.

Greg Tansey should start slagging the fuck out of the huns and see how he gets on.

#1752 OFFLINE   maryhilldon

maryhilldon

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,769 posts
  • Joined 18-January 16

Posted 20 October 2018 - 12:34 PM

Should be done with bringing the game into disrepute, constantly badmouthing another teams players and fans while still a player.

#1753 OFFLINE   muttonhumper

muttonhumper

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,993 posts
  • Joined 06-October 05

Posted 20 October 2018 - 12:39 PM

Should be done with bringing the game into disrepute, constantly badmouthing another teams players and fans while still a player.

We should just pay a bounty to one of our mental hatters to kick his cunt in.

I'd chip in.

Who are the hard cunts on here who would pan this pricks coupon in for a fistful of beer vouchers?

C'mon ye bams.

Awa n' tak a gnash o' mi bulb

#1754 ONLINE   The Boofon

The Boofon

Chairman

• Members
  • 25,491 posts
  • Joined 15-July 07

Posted 20 October 2018 - 12:41 PM

I'd chip in.

Who are the hard cunts on here who would pan this pricks coupon in for a fistful of beer vouchers?

C'mon ye bams.

Parklife.

Deadliest man on the hat.

#1755 OFFLINE   AllyDon

AllyDon

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Joined 20-July 17

Posted 20 October 2018 - 02:53 PM

We may have only sold 9k tickets for the SF but I suspect there will be quite a few more empty seats after today's performance so far.

#1756 OFFLINE   Yorston Vasey

Yorston Vasey

Senior Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  • Joined 11-June 17

Posted 20 October 2018 - 03:33 PM

McInnes will go and win this one comfortably now, guarantee his job for the next 18 months at least regardless of how horseshit we might be now under him.
Court appointed guardian of AFC Chat

#1757 OFFLINE   AllyDon

AllyDon

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • Joined 20-July 17

Posted 20 October 2018 - 04:54 PM

McInnes will go and win this one comfortably now, guarantee his job for the next 18 months at least regardless of how horseshit we might be now under him.

As much as I want us to beat the Huns, I just can't see it happening. McIness will shit the bed and we will only try to play once we are 2/3 goals down.

Hat's off to all those going as I think it could be very painful to watch.

#1758 OFFLINE   Chewie37

Chewie37

Wookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,979 posts
  • Joined 03-July 14

Posted 20 October 2018 - 05:45 PM

I'd chip in.

C'mon ye bams.

A @tup comeback?
I've moved to California

#1759 OFFLINE   old sheep

old sheep

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • Joined 30-March 14

Posted 20 October 2018 - 06:25 PM

I wish one of the hopeless Scottish journalists - who McInnes has in his pocket - would ask him if he thinks his hopeless tactics against the better sides in the league is one of the reasons for the number of unsold tickets next Sunday. And while they are at it, they can also ask him what he thinks about the 2 signings he was raving about in the summer (Forrester and Gleeson). Can't believe how much of an easy ride he gets from the media especially with the quality of player he has at his disposal.

#1760 OFFLINE   RUL

RUL

Director of Football

• Members
  • 11,754 posts
  • Joined 14-October 07

Posted 20 October 2018 - 06:35 PM

Off the ball were posing the question about his future

#1761 OFFLINE   CityCentre

CityCentre

Breakthrough Player

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Joined 17-July 18

Posted 20 October 2018 - 10:28 PM

If Sunday goes the way I suspect it will then that will be the last straw for many people.

He's become arrogant, aloof and poor at his job, considering his ridiculously high wage that is unacceptable.

#1762 OFFLINE   reekie_dock

reekie_dock

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,088 posts
  • Joined 08-August 13

Posted 20 October 2018 - 10:48 PM

Shat it in far to many big games

Defeat on Sunday will be the end

#1763 OFFLINE   Dusk( 2 Stars )Don

Dusk( 2 Stars )Don

Senior Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • Joined 06-June 13

Posted 20 October 2018 - 11:17 PM

Off the ball were posing the question about his future

Aye also having a dig at the ticket sales.

5 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users