Where Are They Now

Anyone got that clip if his pen that ends up in a lake. Fucking hilarious

I have a clip of it somewhere... I used to watch the USL games in order to see how the Dazzler fared.

He didn't fare very well.

Injured in pre-season, he struggled to get into the side, and it didn't help that the player given the role of leading the line in his absence was not too bad and had built up a rapport with the fans by the time the Lion Cub made his first tentative appearances.

The penalty against... I think it might have been against the Rhinos, maybe... is not lost to history. I need to find it though.

In the meantime, here's the lad scoring a penalty in a friendly. The Morrison you see in the clip is none other than Scott Morrison of Aberdeen Soccer Side FC, and the dumpling nosed Coach Robertson is Dave Robertson also of Team Aberdeen FC. Big Dons connection in that side... which was shite and folded after a season.

In fact... I need to look out something.

• Upvote 2

I have a clip of it somewhere... I used to watch the USL games in order to see how the Dazzler fared.

He didn't fare very well.

Injured in pre-season, he struggled to get into the side, and it didn't help that the player given the role of leading the line in his absence was not too bad and had built up a rapport with the fans by the time the Lion Cub made his first tentative appearances.

The penalty against... I think it might have been against the Rhinos, maybe... is not lost to history. I need to find it though.

In the meantime, here's the lad scoring a penalty in a friendly. The Morrison you see in the clip is none other than Scott Morrison of Aberdeen Soccer Side FC, and the dumpling nosed Coach Robertson is Dave Robertson also of Team Aberdeen FC. Big Dons connection in that side... which was shite and folded after a season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7QGW9shxVk

In fact... I need to look out something.

Am i right in saying the club folded and a new one started...with none other than Drogba leading the line now?

Mackie to Drogba?!

Am i right in saying the club folded and a new one started...with none other than Drogba leading the line now?

Mackie to Drogba?!

They did indeed fold, there was a lot of drama and intrigue around the slow train wreck that was FC Phoenix. They started off playing at the Sun Devil Stadium, which was on the ASU campus, but by the end of the season they had lost the right to play there, and were playing their last home games in a sports park where kids have parties. The fans who'd bought season tickets to Sun Devil found themselves sitting on cement slabs and never saw their money again.

There was a lot of Hearts-style not paying their players on time/at all, and it was rumoured that the Brazilian players, Netinho and Faria had been sent back to South America even before the season ended. Their failure to re-appear seemed to confirm the rumour.

The club had its license revoked for fiscal shenanigans, and Darren, even if the club had wanted to pick up the second year option on his contract, didn't have a club to return to after the end of the season anyway because it no longer existed.

There's currently a Phoenix Rising playing in the USL, they being awarded the USL license for the following season, but I dunno if they're a continuation of Phoenix FC. Wiki says Phoenix existed for one season and that was it, with no mention of a continuation under another name. But then I think Morrison was coaching or maybe playing for Arizona United, which was Phoenix Rising's name when they were awarded the license.

I'm sure there's a simple explanation, but fucked if I know.

Drogba did play for them, though... but I believe that's because he bought the club.

Donny Toia was the lad who led the line for Phoenix for most of the season, in Darren's absence, and he's now in the MLS with Orlando... so he went on to bigger and better things.

Robertson is now coaching some Indian outfit, incidentally.

Pity it all fell through, though. I was looking forward to a few more years of watching Mackie. He was on a hiding to nothing down there, though... how any pale-faced Scot could handle the heat in Arizona, never mind play fitba in it...

Revisiting one of my posts from several years ago... I used to match the games on a Monday morning at work (Sunday evening/afternoon US time). Far better option than doing any work!

Mackie, when he was fit, was like Zidane at that level. The team were absolute dreadful, even at that shocking level. The 'Brazillian' lads were a crease!

I randomly spotted Donny Toia playing for Orlando, when I was channel hopping some time ago... surprised anyone from that rabble made it to the MLS!

Classic example of how not to run a football club. Should have been a huge success - seems like the local hispanic population were desperate for a football club.

All the professional players they signed were absolute shite. Mackie was probably the best player, on the rare occassion he was actually fully fit. Compared to the rest of them, he actually looked quite cultured, holding up the ball, picking out passes and attempting to bring others in to the game (a side to his game I'd never seen in Scotland!). They signed quite a few brazilians on pro contracts too - these guys looked anything but brazilian and most of them jumped ship when they stopped getting paid. The local league amateur players actually saved Phoenix' ass on several occasions last season - they looked a cut above the remaining paid professionals.

I said it at the time, but I reckon the likes of Kincorth and Sportsman club from the AAFA Premier League would have beaten Phoenix comfortably.

Didn't realise David Robertson was part owner. Hopefully he lost a lot of money.

He used to be shite, but now he's alright - Walking in a Mackie wonderland.

Mind leaving Fir Park one day - the Dazzler banging in two with the whole Abuldeen support chanting his name.

Heading back to a Inverurie establishment and demanding a bucket of ice for his feet because they were on fire.

He had his moments did the Dazzler. True Aberdeen fans love him.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I ain't far behind you, but I've hit the Special K diet recently as it's 3 weeks until holiday, and it's falling off pronto.

Been going for ridiculous walks at nights as well.

I haven't seen you in ages, so unsure if you are podgier. You'll never be as podgy as @@boboisared though.

Nae surprised, all that free F+C min