North Korea

daytripping

IIt's on Facebook, the Stuart Milne Must Leave AFC page, I put up a cracker of a comment, not actually having clicked on the article:

Let me guess, the team, captained by none other than Kim Il Sung, defeated Brazil 40-0. In fact, the dear leader sent all the rest of the team off at half time, and proceeded to teach the South American upstarts an unforgettable lesson in football. All on his own. With his dad's mummified cock. Glory be to Best Korea!

The Japanese Government has been caught out big time here.

They've recently changed their Constitution from being able only to fight as an act of self defense to being able to take initial 'preemptive' aggressive action.

The announcement of this^ came two days before the lifting of the sanctions against NK - staged as a p.r. boost to their otherwise aggressive policy change and as I suspect in an attempt not to raise the ire of the most reactionary state in the region.

Hasn't worked. Any assurance NK gave in light of the Japanese Constitutional change was obviously false as they always are - and any moral high ground available to the Japanese has evaporated.

Practically, then the Japanese forces should now be tearing into Pyongyang but can't due to NK's Chinese support.

The result of this fiasco is another step in the political doomsday machine that 'we've' got going on over here. Japan now has the capability to strike and is waiting for the chance to use it.

Having that power and with the continued provocation of NK & China mean that it won't be long now.

They even have a unique 5 star hotel

hotel-north-korea.jpg

As 360 has mentioned - this was started in the late 80's and now operates as a mobile phone mast for an Egyptian phone company who wanted to invest in the region.

In order to make use of the building their part of the deal was to bolt the reflective glass panels that we can now see on the front.

The most interesting construction in NK for me is their propaganda village http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kijong-dong

Built purposefully near the border with the South in the 50's in order to make Southerners defect - they did this by turing the street & house lights on at night so the southerners could see them - a yet unknown level of luxury in the south!

As 360 has mentioned - this was started in the late 80's and now operates as a mobile phone mast for an Egyptian phone company who wanted to invest in the region.

In order to make use of the building their part of the deal was to bolt the reflective glass panels that we can now see on the front.

The most interesting construction in NK for me is their propaganda village http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kijong-dong

Built purposefully near the border with the South in the 50's in order to make Southerners defect - they did this by turing the street & house lights on at night so the southerners could see them - a yet unknown level of luxury in the south!

North Korea is an absolutely fascinating country. If you look up prisons/labour camps in NK some of the stuff that is still going on is unbelievable.

North Korea is an absolutely fascinating country. If you look up prisons/labour camps in NK some of the stuff that is still going on is unbelievable.
  • 1 year later...

The country will establish its own time zone next week by pulling back by 30 minutes its current standard time, a legacy of the Japanese colonial rule.

The new time zone will take effect Aug. 15 — the 70th anniversary of Korea's liberation from Japanese rule at the end of the Second World War, North Korea's official Central News Agency said Friday. The establishment of "Pyongyang time" will root out that legacy, it said.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/north-korea-to-set-up-its-own-time-zone-1.3182572

"The wicked Japanese imperialists committed such unpardonable crimes as depriving Korea of even its standard time while mercilessly trampling down its land with 5,000-year-long history and culture and pursuing the unheard-of policy of obliterating the Korean nation," the KCNA dispatch said.

they have very colourful writers working for them :laughing:

The country will establish its own time zone next week by pulling back by 30 minutes its current standard time, a legacy of the Japanese colonial rule.

The new time zone will take effect Aug. 15 — the 70th anniversary of Korea's liberation from Japanese rule at the end of the Second World War, North Korea's official Central News Agency said Friday. The establishment of "Pyongyang time" will root out that legacy, it said.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/north-korea-to-set-up-its-own-time-zone-1.3182572

"The wicked Japanese imperialists committed such unpardonable crimes as depriving Korea of even its standard time while mercilessly trampling down its land with 5,000-year-long history and culture and pursuing the unheard-of policy of obliterating the Korean nation," the KCNA dispatch said.[/size]

they have very colourful writers working for them :laughing:[/size]

And no more of this 'Night' bullshit. Sunshine 27 hours a day, in North Korea.

Also, 27 hours in a day in North Korea.

yeah!!! THAT too!!

have you ever thought of becoming a dictator, Kelt? it seems to come to you rather naturally. :sheepdance:

I'd be an awesome dictator, there's no denying that.

I'd model myself more on Cincinnatus than Kim Jong Un, though. He's my favourite dictator... I have a favourite dictator, isn't that something?

Not a lot of competition, though... most dictators are dicks.

• 2 weeks later...

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un on Friday declared his frontline troops in a “quasi-state of war” and ordered them to prepare for battle a day after the most serious confrontation between the rivals in years.

South Korea’s military on Thursday fired dozens of artillery rounds across the border in response to what Seoul said were North Korean artillery strikes meant to back up a threat to attack loudspeakers broadcasting anti-Pyongyang propaganda.

Kim Jong Un ordered his troops to “enter a wartime state” and be fully ready for any military operations starting Friday evening, according to a report in Pyongyang’s official Korean Central News Agency. The North has also given Seoul a deadline of Saturday evening to remove border loudspeakers that, after a lull of 11 years, have started broadcasting anti-Pyongyang propaganda. Failure, Pyongyang says, will result in further military action. Seoul has vowed to continue the broadcasts.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/north-korea-puts-troops-on-standby-warns-south-korea-of-retaliation-after-artillery-strikes/article26045349/