I Come In Peace!!! Cancer Has No Colours.

#Cancer has no colours

Firstly hello all and I hope it is ok with the moderators to post this.

My name is Tony Munday, I am a 49 year old unfit Millwall supporter (someone has to be) who is heading for the knackers yard. On 31st March I am running from the Old Den to the Olympic stadium via the new Den and Upton Park on behalf of a 3 year old little girl called Isla Caton who is suffering from the same horrible disease that took Bradley Lowery the boy who captured the nations hearts.

This is on a West Ham match day so could prove dangerous!

The disease is Neuroblastoma and the treatment for this is only available in America.

Last Tuesday young Isla had an operation to move a tumour from her brain and now goes back to chemo treatment to clear the cancer.

Through the Bradley Lowery foundation the family need to raise £400,000.

Heres the catch.

Isla Caton is born into a staunch West Ham family and as a Millwall supporter I am using this as leverage to raise as much money for her as possible.

The rivalry between the two clubs is huge and I pray they lose every week.

I set my original target at £1000 and declared I would run in a West Ham shirt if reached. Due to having many West Ham friends who I have wound up over the years I reached the £1000 in 24 hours.

I added targets

£2000 to run in full kit

£3500 to do crossed hammers at finish line

£7000 to run with dyed claret and blue hair

Ive topped the £7000 so the hair will be dyed,then raised to £12,000 as this girl needs as much as possible but that has also been reached. Now Ive set it at £15,000.

The Bradley Lowery foundation is a marvellous tribute to the sadly missed youngster.

Normally I wouldnt even look at a West Ham kit let alone wear one but Im prepared for the stick Ill get for the rest of my life so this amazing little girl gets what she needs. My pain will be nothing compared to what she is going through.

Its a very small sacrifice for me to make.

I plan on joining forums of all 92 league clubs plus the 5 big Scottish clubs to post this message and hoping the football family come together to help smash this target and help send this incredibly brave little girl to America to save her life by donating to my just giving page.

Since I started joining the various forums a few days ago it has been a roaring success

In my eyes cancer has no colours especially in children.

Islas twitter address is @islasfight, feel free to look and see what shes going through

Here is my just giving page below, hopefully you will find it in your hearts to donate to the cause through my run.

Forget the new £15,000 target lets smash it to as much as possible, this angel deserves a chance at life

I thank you all so much in advance

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/tony-munday3

• Upvote 4

It's our own fans that spam this board

Interestingly, what is the criteria for 5 big clubs in Scotland?

Two Glasgow clubs, two Edinburgh clubs and Aberdeen.

Had a great response from Rangers, Celtic not so as they posted it but wouldnt give me access to the message.

Hearts I caused civil war as I posted it and got a good response within 5 minutes but then the moderators deleted the post and said it couldnt stay much to the annoyance of some of the fans on there.

Hibs, Ive not managed to get onto their forum at all

Two Glasgow clubs, two Edinburgh clubs and Aberdeen.

Had a great response from Rangers, Celtic not so as they posted it but wouldnt give me access to the message.

Hearts I caused civil war as I posted it and got a good response within 5 minutes but then the moderators deleted the post and said it couldnt stay much to the annoyance of some of the fans on there.

Hibs, Ive not managed to get onto their forum at all

Another Scottish forum with decent numbers - pieandbovril.com

Well it’s all done and dusted now. It was a good day all in all, no abuse or punches thrown!

In fact met and drank with some proper old school West Ham.

If you would like to still donate you can here

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/tony-munday3

I just want to give you all a huge thank you for your donations and general support, it’s greatly appreciated by me and by Isla’s family.

• Upvote 1