Peter Pawlett

As the subject title states... does anyone know if he's likely to be fit for the start of the season.

Also, how long does he have on his current contract?

This is going to be a big season for the lad I reckon. He's looked very promising, in flashes, over the past couple of season however, if he can't keep himself fit then questions are going to be asked whether he's cut out for the rigours of a career in professional football.

Thoughts?

I thought last season was important for him to progress in but no real signs as always injured/recovering.

This season for me is a make or break (perhaps not a good choice of words) - he needs to step up and be both consistent in the team and good or it's a disappointed goodbye from me. I fear we cannot afford a passenger.

I just don't view him as being a nasty player but we are all entitled to our opinion.

I wouldn't say nasty either.

He is an over-enthusiastic young player, who doesn't actually know how to tackle that well.

Wouldn't put it down to nastiness. Certainly wouldn't class his tackle against Izaguirre as nasty, it was well timed and strong. Bad luck to Izaguirre (who was nae out 9 months anyways, he was back well before the end of the season).

Entering the final year of his contract, so massive season for him.

Agree with everyone above, nasty wee edge to him game, that all good players have. would love to see him succeed here, but.....

Not convinced he has enough in his locker, other than pace and that dirty edge, but Mackie had that too, and it ain't enough. Needs to be able to pass the ball, and cross a ball.

• Upvote 1

Agree with everyone above, nasty wee edge to him game, that all good players have. would love to see him succeed here, but.....

Not convinced he has enough in his locker, other than pace and that dirty edge, but Mackie had that too, and it ain't enough. Needs to be able to pass the ball, and cross a ball.

I thought he had another year.

The lad is only 21, he is still to improve, and I would be hoping the club are looking to keep him for another couple of years. Has potential, not had the best of luck with injuries, but he could be our best young player we've had come through in a long time! I hope he pushes on this season, and the fans are patient with him

From what I've heard he doesn't have a nasty streak. Mate got a trim off of Fyvie's Mum and she reckoned he was too 'lovely and polite' to make the cut, whereas her own was a cocky little runt. There is some logic in that.

Definite potential, he tore Dundee apart in the opening stages of a cup tie last season. Pacey and direct, his ability is there to see. We all know what his achilles heel is though.

Yes, Brown has said Milsom will be fit.

On Pawlett, hopefully he can stay fit. He is a good player that can provide a cutting edge and could be a regular - IF fit.

ideally, next season we can start with hayes, milson, ozzy, pawlett. maybe a 5 man midfield if fyvie is still here which i doubt. definately need to buy a striker tho i say.

Brown (although more likely Clangers :( )

Jack Anderson New CB? New LB?

Hughes Ozzy Milsom

Pawlett Vernon Hayes

Possible starting 11 for Tims game? Seeing as though Consi is suspended for first 2 games we obviously need a new centre -half, especially after getting rid of McArdle, and Robertson won't be fit in time for then either.

Brown

Osbourne Anderson Considine NEW LB

Jack Rae Milsom Hayes

Vernon NEW #10

other keeper - Langfield

other defenders - Robertson, Shaunessey, NEW CB

other midfielders - Hughes, Pawlett, Low, Masson

other strikers - Magennis, Megginson, NEW Striker

reckon Paton and Fyvie will leave

reckon Masson will be only one of the youngsters to firmly grasp the chance they'll all get in pre season

not sure if jack and osbourne will be other way round

Brown

Osbourne Anderson Considine NEW LB

Jack Rae Milsom Hayes

Vernon NEW #10

other keeper - Langfield

other defenders - Robertson, Shaunessey, NEW CB

other midfielders - Hughes, Pawlett, Low, Masson

other strikers - Magennis, Megginson, NEW Striker

reckon Paton and Fyvie will leave

reckon Masson will be only one of the youngsters to firmly grasp the chance they'll all get in pre season

not sure if jack and osbourne will be other way round

I'd give the wee fella Ryan Fraser a run...looked decent enough from what I saw of him last season...

Aye - burst onto scene with massive potential then injuries again and again and when came back inbetween has looked poor. Needs an injury free season and progress or be out the door.