AFC-Chat - Recommended by 9/10 Westhill housewives.

Photo
- - - - -

Scottish Independence Referendum 2

• Please log in to reply
2138 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Scotland be an independent country? (158 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Scotland be an independent country?

1. Yes (123 votes [77.85%])

Percentage of vote: 77.85%

2. No (35 votes [22.15%])

Percentage of vote: 22.15%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#2131 ONLINE   Captain Caveman

Captain Caveman

Ray Vaughan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,547 posts
  • Joined 06-February 11

Posted 11 September 2019 - 03:41 PM

His wife said they were moving to Oz and that was that.

More to it than that. A midnight flit for the honkos
Support real fitba not the EPL

#2132 ONLINE   Bluto10

Bluto10

PROUD DON!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,610 posts
  • Joined 25-January 11

Posted 11 September 2019 - 03:52 PM

More to it than that. A midnight flit for the honkos

can imagine he stood out like a sore thumb there; in the fresh arctic air

dust clouds from inland west oz prob ideal to mask lingering odours

You don't give a man like Bluto a drink in those piddly little glasses. Give him the bloody bottle.

#2133 OFFLINE   fatjim

fatjim

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,172 posts
  • Joined 26-October 12

Posted 11 September 2019 - 04:08 PM

Is there much work for a joiner at a pension company?

It's a big building so I guess so. Not much wood around though.

#2134 OFFLINE   robbojunior

robbojunior

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,288 posts
  • Joined 19-October 07

Posted 12 September 2019 - 10:39 AM

Gareth

Two lesbians probably. Sisters.  I'm just watching.

#2135 OFFLINE   Jocky Balboa

Jocky Balboa

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts
  • Joined 23-March 08

Posted 12 September 2019 - 07:37 PM

I have to say, I find the SNP's behaviour curious. I understand the leadership want to 'play the game' and at least be seen to have done all they can to prevent Brexit, but given the Euro elections and Brecon by-election results showed a narrow victory in Leave votes, it's clear the (narrow) will of England and Wales is to leave. If Sturgeon prevents this, not only will she poison relations with our neighbours, won't she be voiding their specific mandate for a second independence referendum?

None of us know for sure at this stage what her game is, but isn't it plausible that she's backtracking on a second vote, given that the polls have hardly moved since 2016? Perhaps Scotland isn't as pro-EU as she makes out? Sure, the majority want to Remain, but it doesn't, in itself, seem to be the game changer her pre-2016 referendum rhetoric was implying.

(As a side note, I also know for a fact a lot of SNP/YES supporters who are Eurosceptic tactically voted Remain, knowing that England would like vote Leave and that this was the quickest way to a second independence referendum - I wonder how they feel now?)

"In an age of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

“A lie can make it half way around the world before the truth has time to put its boots on” - Mark Twain

#2136 ONLINE   Don Fonte

Don Fonte

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,222 posts
  • Joined 27-March 14

Posted 12 September 2019 - 07:46 PM

I have to say, I find the SNP's behaviour curious. I understand the leadership want to 'play the game' and at least be seen to have done all they can to prevent Brexit, but given the Euro elections and Brecon by-election results showed a narrow victory in Leave votes, it's clear the (narrow) will of England and Wales is to leave. If Sturgeon prevents this, not only will she poison relations with our neighbours, won't she be voiding their specific mandate for a second independence referendum?

None of us know for sure at this stage what her game is, but isn't it plausible that she's backtracking on a second vote, given that the polls have hardly moved since 2016? Perhaps Scotland isn't as pro-EU as she makes out? Sure, the majority want to Remain, but it doesn't, in itself, seem to be the game changer her pre-2016 referendum rhetoric was implying.

(As a side note, I also know for a fact a lot of SNP/YES supporters who are Eurosceptic tactically voted Remain, knowing that England would like vote Leave and that this was the quickest way to a second independence referendum - I wonder how they feel now?)

'For a fact'

Lolzers.

#2137 OFFLINE   caledonia

caledonia

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,884 posts
  • Joined 18-June 12

Posted 12 September 2019 - 10:03 PM

6-BB56-A52-ABA3-4-CA8-9984-29884-B3100-A

#2138 OFFLINE   Studebaker-90

Studebaker-90

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts
  • Joined 09-May 18

Posted 12 September 2019 - 10:05 PM

Witty

#2139 OFFLINE   elephantstone78

elephantstone78

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts
  • Joined 03-February 13

Posted 12 September 2019 - 10:26 PM

Just realised that FFS was referring to pension savings plummeting in relation to indie. Which is private pensions but they have already plummeted due to brexit. They've gone up again a bit but only back to the levels they were almost a year ago. Almost a year of growth completely gone. That's fucked up.

Few things re this.
Stock markets go up and down, always have, always will and brexit can’t be blamed for their fluctuations. Eg they tanked in 2008 long before brexit was an issue. Your work pension should be up a few % over the past year and more if it has exposure to the USA stock market as it has been the best performing stock market for the past few years. Trump’s huge tax cut helped this plus they have behemoths like amazon and google (alphabet) which are up hundreds of % over the past couple of yrs.

it’s a quirk of brexit but it has actually been the £ not the ftse that has been walloped. And, when the £ drops you generally see the stock market / ftse 100 rise because the largest companies on it are global companies with the bulk of their earnings earned overseas so they’re worth more when the £ is weak.

Bizarrely, if we sort out the brexit debacle by anything other than no deal eg decide to remain which will be good for the £ but could therefore be bad for the ftse meaning you could then actually see your pension drop.

2 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users