Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, Parklife said:

You must think she done the right thing not locking Glasgow down though, surely? 

"Shamdemic" and all that. 

It worked in Aberdeen, short sharp shock, not popular here but laid down a precedent, when cases were way higher in the Central belt than Aberdeen ever was I think it was clear to everyone that action was needed. Why did they leave it for another few weeks and not put travel restrictions in place for them, it would have saved lives. 

• Upvote 1

Cases were so low here it would have faded out anyway, it is clear that restrictions do work though. The whole cafe thing is a sham, close every meeting place if you're going to do it. 

My opinion is it should just be left to nature, carry on as normal, if you bring in rules though make them the same for everyone.

Ian Wood telling it like it is on Question time, who has been putting out these opinion polls and why the fuck does anyone care just now with folk are dying. We should all be pulling together and then after we get out of this shit make a decision on who fucked up and whether folk want independence.

• Downvote 1
Guest milne_afc
1 minute ago, Fridge said:

Ian Wood telling it like it is on Question time, who has been putting out these opinion polls and why the fuck does anyone care just now with folk are dying. We should all be pulling together and then after we get out of this shit make a decision on who fucked up and whether folk want independence.

?

Ian Wood is a dick. He said not a single word of relevance to any of the questions asked. 

At least he was honest about being mostly concerned with his children's business interests. 

4 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

?

Ian Wood is a dick. He said not a single word of relevance to any of the questions asked. 

At least he was honest about being mostly concerned with his children's business interests. 

Sure he could bail them out with his fluff, the guy gave the hospital a car park, never asked for thanks, only left wing people would say he's a bad man. He's a saint but it's not allowed to say that about rich people these days. He helps poor in Africa, even paid 80 grand for a couple of those dolphins to help local charity, will never be enough for the left, no idea why. He's employed thousands and done so much good.

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. He inherited his wealth and used his MASSIVE advantage in life to make even more money. That's great and unlike Trump who lost his daddy's money, SIR Ian accumulated his dough by conforming to the system, the same system that had bred massive inequality, lies about the northern powerhouse, breeds social division, decimated education, made food banks a necessity, are privatising the NHS by stealth and worst of all are stealing our money through austerity and the banking failures and most patently, billions under the ruse of the pandemic. BlowJob had the gall to say NHS Track and Trace at PMQ's yesterday. It's fuck all to do with the NHS. Ask Dildo Hardon. 

Fishing support firm into a Worldwide oil company employing thousands, aye nae bother min. Hahaha ffs

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
2 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

You look it up. What's yours?

5 O grades, I'm not in charge of the Countries finances though. Turns out I'm more qualified than her but that's not the debate. Uneducated people in charge of the economy, a failed solicitor that just scraped a pass as first minister, we've even got a former club 18/30 rep as one of her advisors. If they were in charge of the local church group in your community you'd question if they knew what they were doing.

She is a Cambridge graduate who did a postgrad in Edinburgh. Worked for Barclays for two years. Is it her intelligence, her achievements, her articulacy or her youth that you resent?

Summer job, hahaha, even if it was a full 2 years she'd be lucky if she got further than the bird you speak to at the counter. FFS!! ??

That is precisely the problem. You don't care about the rest of the country. All right Jack? Aberdeen is full of shit propped up by the dying industry and the legacy is shit. Your assets won't keep you for 5 years when the real shit hits the fan.

I'm in windfarms now min, way ahead of the curve.

Yeah a dying industry which SIW foresaw and tried to regenerate the citycentre with UTG (albeit the designs not  to every ones taste) got the backing from SNP who were going to back his 50m pound offer with massive government funding along with local business men, and then a local election came along and Labour came in and fucked us over over despite us voting for it.

But yeah he’s a dick, because he got a start in life and made himself a billionaire, got a knighthood and gives a shitload to charity every year.

1 hour ago, Fridge said:

Ian Wood telling it like it is on Question time, who has been putting out these opinion polls and why the fuck does anyone care just now with folk are dying. 

People in their mid 80s  dying is nothing unusual Fridgo,  and the numbers are tiny in the grand scheme of things.  It's the circle of life,  can't just stop the world.  

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, daytripping said:

It worked in Aberdeen, short sharp shock, not popular here but laid down a precedent, when cases were way higher in the Central belt than Aberdeen ever was I think it was clear to everyone that action was needed. Why did they leave it for another few weeks and not put travel restrictions in place for them, it would have saved lives. 

You've not answered the question. Am I to infer that you're now all of a sudden in favour of lockdowns? 

6 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

She is a Cambridge graduate who did a postgrad in Edinburgh. Worked for Barclays for two years. Is it her intelligence, her achievements, her articulacy or her youth that you resent?

It's mostly the fact she's a woman. He's scared of strong, intelligent and successful young women. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am glad everybody on here supports Nicola and what she has achieved as leader of Scotland.

Ian Wood has the interests of his bank account at heart not the people of Aberdeen.

I seem to recall that ACC turned down his idea to regenerate Union Terrace Gardens to boost his wealth.

We need a country run by people who have the ordinary folks interests at heart and not just the rich.

That is why the SNP is way ahead of any other party and always will be in the quest for Independence.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I hate the SNP just now with their obsession over GRA and also Hate crime bill will be a shambles for twitter, facebook and also this site with the way its worded.

Also the Alex Salmond stitch Up does not sit well either.

But i realise the only way to get independence is through the SNP for now anyway even though i am not 100% convinced after 4 mandates they are as keen as the independence movement to do it sooner rather than later.

Where unionists fail is they always come up with things every other country in the world manage fine as excuses for Scotland being independent like currency and deficits etc etc.

The only question that England never answers.

Why does Westminster want to hang on to Scotland when it is just a country that costs them money and get's nothing back in return. It can't be just to have a base for Trident can it?.

You would think getting rid of Scotland would be a great idea.

On the SNP debate, when we get Independence the people of Scotland will decide by a vote who will run the country.

On saying that where is the opposition coming from.

Time will tell.

• Upvote 1

The opposition will come from rejuvenated Scottish Labour and Conservative parties who will be freed from the shackles of having to mind what they say in being deferential to their current leadership down south and from being forced to promote policies designed for the UK as a whole. Labour especially have a mountain to climb, but there are plenty of natural Labour voters who have switched to the SNP in the last 20 years who, once independence is delivered, might no longer have any great need to stick with SNP. Of course they really could do with ditching Richard Leonard immediately which would help in the short term.

The most interesting thing to watch will be what the SNP develops into once their main reason for being is no longer a policy aim and have to find ways to fund the country almost overnight.

• Upvote 3