Films

The Strangers: Prey At Night.

The blurb says 'based on true events'. I think the "true" bit ends at 'people get killed at a trailer park'. I suggest the rest is made up. Anyhow, I thought this started ok and was interesting enough but from about halfway it feels a bit meaningless with one dimensional psychos. From my perspective the director gets caught between telling a "true" story and looking to make a long running franchise with superhuman, unkillable psychopaths. You can't have both.

cunt man tiktak ye watch some pysh like

Mind eh says tae ye tae watch sorceror. Watch that. Thir nae a better film fae 77 apart fae mibbe close encounters

ehd forgive ye if it wis wan eh they unlimited member cairds ye hid. But yer it a showcase piyin fu price n ye mist ken these horror films yer inta ir mare bad thin gade

cunt man tiktak ye watch some pysh like

Mind eh says tae ye tae watch sorceror. Watch that. Thir nae a better film fae 77 apart fae mibbe close encounters

ehd forgive ye if it wis wan eh they unlimited member cairds ye hid. But yer it a showcase piyin fu price n ye mist ken these horror films yer inta ir mare bad thin gade

Oh I do know but love it when they get it right. Nothing better than a cheap made horror that works. I was looking to buy a Sorcerer bluray but the price is a bit much.

Big Game.

Just watched this, dunno if any of you have seen it. It was on a few days back on Film On Four. Hokiest film you'd ever likely see. Starring SLJ as US President and a few other familiar faces, Jim Broadbent for one. Becomes unintentionally (I think) funny. For that reason alone it might be worth a watch on a quiet night in. Just wonder if SLJ owed somebody a favour or needed some quick cash to get involved in this. Says on IMDB that it took a whole 17K at the box office.

7 Days In Entebbe.

Plane hijack story from the mid 70s. IIRC there were two quite similar movies based on the events in Entebbe made at the time. From what I remember I think either of those would be better than this version. Really quite slow and inactive and even when the "action" started it was weak ass stuff. Disappointing.

7 Days In Entebbe.

Plane hijack story from the mid 70s. IIRC there were two quite similar movies based on the events in Entebbe made at the time. From what I remember I think either of those would be better than this version. Really quite slow and inactive and even when the "action" started it was weak ass stuff. Disappointing.

Those jewish movie moguls dont half rip the arse out of jewish sob stories. Ghouls.

Yeah, it was okay, decent enough but maybe I just expected it to give more of the feeling of how fucked we were at the time and got a big get out of jail card. With the budget it could’ve been way better

Definitely one of those movies which come across better on the big screen.

7 Days In Entebbe.

The film I knew was "Raid on Entebbe" with Charles Bronson.

As a kid I thought it was amazingly good!

The film I knew was "Raid on Entebbe" with Charles Bronson.

As a kid I thought it was amazingly good!

The other I think was Victory At Entebbe but don't quote me on it. Both were almost carbon copies but again that is just from memory. One went all out and got in a bunch of big names to play the hostages. I assume that's the one you saw. I remember them as being decent and certainly conveyed a greater sense of tension than the new one. Those focused on the ordeal of the hostages while the new one explores more the motives of the hijackers and the actions of the Israeli govt.

The Good the Bad and the Ugly was tonight's viewing... classic guy movie.

Eli Wallach, the star of the whole fucking film.

3a9d76eb50ff634eadb241ff212065ce-full.jp

Fantastic film. Epic soundtrack. Final scene is great.

Watched Black Mass, last night. Johnny Depp was outstanding as a psychopathic gangster. Looked absolutely off his trolley.

No tits though. 8/10