Stovies

alscotoz

Mobby, I need your help, read this thread and you tubed on the back of it, not one recipe on there is the proper one, all sausages and square sausage, switched off in disgust at them all, the one mince one I found looked ok but nae proper stovies, could you do a video to help me out?? square sausage in fucking stovies, no surprise those weegie minks die when they're teenagers.

• Upvote 1

Ill do a video next time I make, in the meantime...

Stovies should be made by slicing tatties and onions (ratio: 5 tatties to 1 onion) and sweating in a pan on low heat (for a few hours) with beef dripping

Left over roast beef/stew with gravy to be added later (also shove in a beef oxo cube) then mixed and left to cook longer - mixing from time to time (youll soon know when they are ready as they will look like Stovies)

Slow cooker is decent for making them

Tatties chopped rather than sliced and you're onto a winner.

Decent sized chunks as well. Table tennis ball sized but square rather than spherical.

Ill do a video next time I make, in the meantime...

Stovies should be made by slicing tatties and onions (ratio: 5 tatties to 1 onion) and sweating in a pan on low heat (for a few hours) with beef dripping

Left over roast beef/stew with gravy to be added later (also shove in a beef oxo cube) then mixed and left to cook longer - mixing from time to time (youll soon know when they are ready as they will look like Stovies)

Slow cooker is decent for making them

:checkit:

More or less word for word what my mother showed me when she was down a couple of months ago...delicious. Have to say i like them with oatcakes, beetroot and HP sas (used lard for ours...same as beef dripping?)

• 3 weeks later...