New Stadium Approved

Not really. The cost of redeveloping stand by stand is always going to be way more expensive than building a new stadium from scratch.

Hibs accounts said their East Stand came in at £500 a seat or £3.2m, which was far less than they budgeted for. It's essentially a supersize version of St Mirren's stands, cheap and functioning, yet everyone thinks it's great.

• Upvote 1

Hibs and Hearts figures are from rebuilds.

So you're saying redevelopment is feasible?

Yas!

Horses for courses.

Hibs were very fortunate to be able to sell a plot of land for residential redevelopment which netted them a about £10m and allowed them to push on with the stand redevelopment development.

Dont think we have that particular option.

I've always said there's only going to be an option for redevelopment if someone/group inside or outside of the club get together and work out how it could be done and present that option.

Otherwise people are just demanding something that is a complete unknown.

The board all seem quite convinced the new stadium option is the best approach and I think until we have a proper worked out alternative to discuss it's a bit of a waste of time.

I suppose that's another way of saying I've no doubt it could be done if the right people put their minds and money to make it happen. But no one of the required skillset and finances seem particularly interested in the idea. So maybe we can take something from that.

See what I don't get is there's no reason a redevelopment or a stadium anywhere other than Kingsford has to cost as much or more. You can build a stadium that serves its purpose for peanuts if you want. Lots of examples here. If your budget is £40m or £25m for the stadium and land required then you'd build it accordingly not rule it out because a more expensive stadium would cost £15m too much. It probably wouldn't satisfy some egos though.

Hibs and Hearts figures are from rebuilds.

So you're saying redevelopment is feasible?

Yas!

No redevelopment is NOT feasible at all Main Stand would be nowhere near the current capacity if redevelopment so we would have significantly lower attendance

South stand needs redeveloped - again would be to a lower capacity

We would be the only business in the world ever who had invested to reduce the current crowd

my arguement is that the cost per seat for Kingsford is likely to be significantly LESS than the £2000 per seat paid by hearts so a Build cost of £30-40M is completely realistic cost based on Norms

Redeveloping Pittodrie would see a cost probably greater than Kingsford and leave us with a capacity probably 5000 less and significantly less income streams available

No redevelopment is NOT feasible at all Main Stand would be nowhere near the current capacity if redevelopment so we would have significantly lower attendance

South stand needs redeveloped - again would be to a lower capacity

We would be the only business in the world ever who had invested to reduce the current crowd

my arguement is that the cost per seat for Kingsford is likely to be significantly LESS than the £2000 per seat paid by hearts so a Build cost of £30-40M is completely realistic cost based on Norms

Redeveloping Pittodrie would see a cost probably greater than Kingsford and leave us with a capacity probably 5000 less and significantly less income streams available

Where are you getting the capacity would be 5k less from?

I presume Main Stand could be rebuilt with similar capacity perhaps slightly less.

Likely get more in South Stand as its "shallow" at the moment (old terrace) and could also go further back.

If Hibs can rebuild a stand for under 3.5mil then it would seem plausible to me to redevelop with a similar capacity and less cost than Kingsford.

Its all pie in the sky though cos we 'd don't have the cash to build new or redevelop but we almost have enough to build a brilliant training centre so lets do that first.

You said

No redevelopment is NOT feasible at all.

but also this

Hibs came in st 500 per seat. Hearts at 2000 per seat despite a complicated build. Kings ford at 1500 to 2000 per seat seems reasonable statistically sound so 30M to 40M

So despite complicated builds (comparable to redeveloping Pittodrie) hibs did it for 500 per seat and hearts for 2000 per seat BUT we should move oot the road to a stadium that will cost 1500 to 2000 per seat?

Makes sense...... if you want to open up green belt. :whistling:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hibs stand was basically a stand - no corporate no changing rooms no offices no conference just a stand - one would expect it to be cheaper

1500 to 2000 is completely reasonable I would say

The idea of green belt is to prevent urban growth to prevent industry and housing gobbling up the country side seems we are doing that

Where are you getting the capacity would be 5k less from?

I presume Main Stand could be rebuilt with similar capacity perhaps slightly less.

Likely get more in South Stand as its "shallow" at the moment (old terrace) and could also go further back.

If Hibs can rebuild a stand for under 3.5mil then it would seem plausible to me to redevelop with a similar capacity and less cost than Kingsford.

Its all pie in the sky though cos we 'd don't have the cash to build new or redevelop but we almost have enough to build a brilliant training centre so lets do that first.

You presume wrong. Extensively covered on here. Evacuation space requirements severely limit Main, South and Merkland rebuild.

The planning application was for both phases.

We will be building both.

That's the intention but the planning is for two stages. Approval has been granted but that doesn't guarantee that the construction will take place.

The majority of the funding is in place for stage 1. No visibility of funding for stage 2 but the assumption would be there's very little if any in place.

I've not got my head in the sand but there's a long way to go before stage 2 becomes a financial reality.

• Upvote 1

It's been said numerous times stage 2 WILL be looked at when it need to be

Just because you can't get your head round how someone could raise 50m doesn't mean it won't be

So, be quiet

Excuse me. I'm pointing out the difference between receiving planning permission and following that through to completion. One involves having funding in place.

Pipe down and don't get cocky.

I don't think that needed pointing out, especially because of what I said initially

So, be quiet

Look, I've got no issue with you or anyone else here and I don't try to wind anyone up.

You have no right to tell anyone to be quiet. Everyone has a right to voice an opinion whether you like it or not.

Therefore, I've no interest in engaging any further in your latest attempt at trying to wind someone up so kindly fuck off and bother someone else.

• Upvote 1

Yeh phrase 2 might be too expensive, so everyone's alternative is to embark on an even more expensive project of rebuilding Pittodrie.

Logic right there on point.

If it was physically possible then it wouldn't necessarily be. Kingsford stadium doesn't have to cost £40m either, except it sort of does because of what they've come up with, promised and the focus on the details due to the location. They couldn't build a supersize St Mirren Park at Kingsford. They could if they were redeveloping or moving round the corner.

If it was physically possible then it wouldn't necessarily be. Kingsford stadium doesn't have to cost £40m either, except it sort of does because of what they've come up with, promised and the focus on the details due to the location. They couldn't build a supersize St Mirren Park at Kingsford. They could if they were redeveloping or moving round the corner.

Why would we want to build a "supersized St Mirren Park"? That sounds shit.