African Player Of The Year

Did he (or his agent) not fanny about a lot on this deal? I seem to remember something along the lines of us offering him a deal and his agent going to other clubs (I want to say Rangers but I may be confusing this deal with the Joe Lapira one, and Dundee United).

He was at Jomo Cosmos in South Africa when Jimmy took us on tour there. I think the chat was that we wanted him to come on trial but I think he (or his agent) thought he was too good to go on trial. He then signed for Brondby in Denmark instead.

African Cup of nations two years on the bounce is it? Notice Scotland couldn't even qualify for that. Cape Verde could. No wonder Levein got his jotters. :clangers2:

:laughing:

Here's one for you then.

How come Hapoel Tel Aviv get to play in Europa Cup and Champion's league games but Israel try to qualify for the World Cup in the Oceania groups?

Something nae right there.

El Hadji Diouf also a big hun.

Edit: Haha I forgot he actually played for them, I just said that because he's a prick. :laughing:

Idi Amin used to eat people for breakfast before settling down to an afternoon of listening to the Rangers game on Sportsound with his favourite commentator, David Begg.

Idi Amin used to eat people for breakfast before settling down to an afternoon of listening to the Rangers game on Sportsound with his favourite commentator, David Begg.

Charles Taylor used to have the lads round to his gaff to tune into Sportscene with Dougie Donnelly to catch up on the Rangers highlights. You don't want to know what he did to the poor locals when they got beat... :clangers2:

Are they?

FFS. :clangers2:

It does seem a touch strange now I think of it.

I probably meant the Asia groups but they're obviously nae in them either.

Some country got moved recently I'm sure of it.

Those pesky Israelis will be at the bottom of all of this anyway no doubt.

Are you not getting mixed up with Iran there Boofs?

Chris Katongo has made the final 5 man short list along with the likes of Drogba, Ba and Toure. Did we not almost sign him a few years back? If we had him and Ferrie bodde prior to his injury we could have been some team.

We were nowhere near signing him. He didn't even come here on trial.

The club, and Cosmos, said they were going to bring him to Pittodrie in order to get games and put himself in the European shop window, and at the same time were going to forge links with Jomo in order to bring the cream of young African boys to Aberdeen.

Same as we were going to do after the Egypt tour. :rolleyes:

The club talks a good game, but actually getting shit done in a professional and efficient manner is another matter entirely.