New Stadium Approved

I think what we've established from the 37 pages of this thread so far, is that it's going to be a total fucking pain in the arse for ABZ RED to get to the stadium compared to his current arrangement, he's dead against it, and so on the basis he thinks the world revolves around him alone, the stadium will definitely fail.

Well aye by his own admission he understands absolutely fucking nothing about the new stadium, the finances involved or the reasons it's critical to plan for the next 100 years.

So really complete waste of time anyone even debating it with him.

The notion of 8k crowds is "shit", but that's what you not-so-secretly believe anyway

People use bars and cafes every day of the week. They don't have to be football fans to go either.

And considering the stadium and community facilities will be in use every day well into the evening, it's likely they'll be getting used. Especially if a parent is waiting an hour for their kid to finish football training.

I dunno, but as someone who makes a habit of visiting football stadiums and their museums on the majority of my trips, I don't think I've ever been in an empty one. And that includes Hearts, who have a very small, but popular, museum.

George Yule told me himself that they want visitors coming to the stadium, doing the tour, visiting the museum and getting a bite to eat. If you reply to this saying "aye but they won't get a bus six miles out" then you have clearly never been a tourist or stayed in a hotel and seen the hundreds of day trips offered.

Less than £700k a year.

Glasgow has the Hydro and the SECC, yet Hampden still hosts concerts.

I disagree with everything you've said there, due to the location.

Less than £700k a year on maintenance for a 25 hectare training ground, stadium and subsidies. Hope you didn't think that through.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

It's not middle earth you cunt.

This sums up a whole swathe of the entitled element in our support. 'the shire dwellers' as you put it, make more effort, spend more money to attend the games than the 'toonser' does. 6 Miles is fuck all compared to Fraserburgh, MacDuff, Mintlaw, even Inverurie and Ellon. Yet you see these fans as somehow less.

Prick

People from Aberdeen?

Aye, fuck them! Weirdo

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

The cafe will be surrounded by two big residential areas and various business parks housing several offices. These people eat during the week also. Depending on how they market it they could probably be busy every lunch time.The wee church's cafe out the back of Elrick is mobbed for a few hours each day and you've got to drive to get to that.

I agree with this. So what profit are we looking at for this?

I think what we've established from the 37 pages of this thread so far, is that it's going to be a total fucking pain in the arse for ABZ RED to get to the stadium compared to his current arrangement, he's dead against it, and so on the basis he thinks the world revolves around him alone, the stadium will definitely fail.

Been to heaps of out of town stadiums around the continent and the novelty and motivation to go dies after 1 match. Even for ones with trams and trains and free transport.

'Fanzones' are not the thing that makes it work in some places either. They are an irrelevance. Even yer family men get on the train wearing a backpack drinking a bottle of beer. Then standing with a mountain of cheap carry outs outside the ground. Then drinking in the ground. That's what makes the atmosphere and day out. No standing waiting for a few shite located shuttle buses and foregoing alcohol for hours at a time.

TLDR - won't work, attending football in Aberdeen will be murdered, except for folk that drive and don't drink (and therefore there will be zero atmosphere)

• Downvote 4

A lot of people seem to be basing the success/failure of the stadium based on whether or not they can get a pint before the match. Newsflash, most people probably don't get pished before or after the match. I'm sure the folk who want to have a drink will still manage to sort something out. Its only kingswells ffs.

Of course it's a major part in it being a success and attracting more people or less. Also determines which direction it revolutionises the matchday experience. This is heading in the direction of an Emirates stadium modern football library. Or mair like Ricoh Arena.

Of course it's a major part in it being a success and attracting more people or less. Also determines which direction it revolutionises the matchday experience. This is heading in the direction of an Emirates stadium modern football library. Or mair like Ricoh Arena.

What if it's not built in London or Coventry?

Clown.

• Downvote 1

What if it's not built in London or Coventry?

Clown.

Double post for maximum effect.

Wait ... What?

Isn't the location entirely to be based on walk up for pisshead and lazy fat bastards?

I thought that WAS the entire Dons demographic.

It's funny you go on about planning for 100 years, yet don't recognise the laziness and impatience of the current and upcoming generations. They want quick, immediate entertainment. You want them standing about waiting for buses to buses and pints for hours.

• Downvote 3

I disagree with everything you've said there, due to the location.

Less than £700k a year on maintenance for a 25 hectare training ground, stadium and subsidies. Hope you didn't think that through.

Okay let's see your costings then. What have you worked it out as?

It's funny you go on about planning for 100 years, yet don't recognise the laziness and impatience of the current and upcoming generations. They want quick, immediate entertainment. You want them standing about waiting for buses to buses and pints for hours.

Don't worry snowflake, the current and upcoming generations are priced out the city making Kingsford a much more convenient location.

Least if thats the case Tesco will make a fortune in cerry ooots

Don't worry snowflake, the current and upcoming generations are priced out the city making Kingsford a much more convenient location.

Any idea why they built Union Square where they did instead of way out in a field? Wouldn't have made any difference would it?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

That's not an answer to the exact circumstances of Aberdeen.

Because the union square space was available and is right next a train station. That is why they didnt build it in a field.

No one is denying that a stadium next to a train station would be great, but we don't have that option.

In any case Union Square proudly advertises 1700 parking spaces, so there are lots of people driving there anyway.

McIness and the team are loosing the fans faith at absolutely the wrong time. New stadium approved and a time when Milne will be looking for the fans to dig deep to help fund the project. Instead the crowds are down and I suspect a number of fans would not put any of their hard earned cash into the project. Milne needs to stop the rot and quickly or we will end up with a fancy new stadium but crowds of under 10k.