Transfers News For The Inferior Teams

Exactly what i was thinking. Westerhailes reminiscing like Hearts have always played silky fitba whereas in reality they've been a team of hatchetmen and cloggers as far back as I can remember.

To be fair they played good football during Romanov's time there. The small fact that they were a team full of excellent players brought in on the never never that under normal circumstances they could never afford which basically sunk them as a club with nearly £30m of unpaid debt is a minor issue. They played good football and won two Scottish Cups with money they never had. Hearts fans seem quite proud of that.

Would be nice if they used the FOH money to pay back everyone they screwed financially during the Romanov years but alas they put it towards a new stand instead. What a lovely club. Second only to the huns in the blatant cheating stakes.

• Upvote 1

Souttar has become the best young defender in Scotland. Like ur lad. But less hot headed. Quicker. And better on the ball. The extension is a real coup for us.

Ha ha ha what a load of bollocks. Hopefully said tongue in cheek as you are on an Aberdeen board but if you genuinely believe all that you are a fkn idiot lol.

Just look at both players games for Scotland. McKenna gets made captain after a MotM performance. Souttar makes a cunt of himself with numerous fk ups, one of which costs us a goal.

Souttar is shite on the ball. Good tackler I'll admit but how do you think he is quicker than McKenna as well.

You are just making up a load of delusions because a couple of Jambos labeled him 'silky' because it flows with his name lol

Souttar does look decent & I do believe is among the best defenders in Scotland (as far as potential goes certainly) but I would put him alongside Hendry in that there is a fair amount of hype in that.

McKenna is far more advanced than Souttar & him & Devlin (if fit) will be the future of Scotland. Maybe young Porteous at Hibs will have a good go at it as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't heard direct from my own sources, but a few folk are starting to say we have Halkett sewn up.

Would be personally happy with that as thought he'd be away down south.

Now all we need is a goalie. A left back. A creative midfielder. A winger. A forward with pace....

You are welcome to him. Only 6ft which is tiny for a central defender these days. I'm looking for us to go for Jason Kerr at St Johnstone. With Devlin just returning from injury I reckon he will get his spot in the squad for the upcoming Scotland games

EDIT....you also need a manager that isn't a useless cunt of a human

Haven't heard direct from my own sources, but a few folk are starting to say we have Halkett sewn up.

Would be personally happy with that as thought he'd be away down south.

Now all we need is a goalie. A left back. A creative midfielder. A winger. A forward with pace....

And to somehow persuade Naismith to stay because without him Hearts are pretty ordinary.

You are welcome to him. Only 6ft which is tiny for a central defender these days. I'm looking for us to go for Jason Kerr at St Johnstone. With Devlin just returning from injury I reckon he will get his spot in the squad for the upcoming Scotland games

I like ma CHs to be 6ft4 too. But. Cannae mind the exact stats but was all successful tackles, headers won, interceptions, all that. Halkett was in top 3-4 across them all in the league. He would improve us, plus out of contract.

We were linked with Kerr too last year. Hibs fan though seen a few of us cool on the idea. Levein likes him though. No sure if he's in contract past summer.

Berra is looking exposed at LCH in a 3 where he prefers a flat back 4.

Dunne, Souttar and Halkett would suit me as our 3. Berra as cover and squad Capt.

Few leaving us but on upside we'll have a few quid spare off the salary bill to reinvest if / when Djoum, Naismith, Sammon, Edwards, Martin, Shaughnessey, Doyle, Mitchell, Garrucio all away.

Just need a new manager to go after new faces and get us playing non-hoofball.

I like ma CHs to be 6ft4 too. But. Cannae mind the exact stats but was all successful tackles, headers won, interceptions, all that. Halkett was in top 3-4 across them all in the league. He would improve us, plus out of contract.

We were linked with Kerr too last year. Hibs fan though seen a few of us cool on the idea. Levein likes him though. No sure if he's in contract past summer.

He's signed a new extension at xmas.  Now contracted at Saints until May 2022.

I was surprised, as he'd get a lot more money at Aberdeen, Hibs or Hearts?  Surely all three would have been in for him?  A Rolls-Royce of a defender.  I don't want to go too overboard with comparisons, but every time I see him, he's been outstanding. Saints fans been saying for past couple of seasons that he should be in Scotland squad.   He must be looking at Devlin, who had a purple patch of form at Aberdeen, then gets a call up, and thinking maybe if I moved to Hearts/Aberdeen, I might get that recognition? Maybe he couldn't give a feck?

If at all possible, we should be looking to re-invest any money we get for McKenna, in this guy.  Barnsley had a 100k bid thrown out before he signed on at Saints... what would it take for them to cave?  His stock may already have risen too high...

Hang on, wasn't Berra so good he could read the paper just a few months ago?

You loved that quote eh?

Berra has had a career based on 1. Pace and 2. Aggression. But he's never had a long term or serious injury. I fear at his age and now being rushed back from a serious injury he might have lost his pace. That. Coupled with leveins intent to play him on the left of a 3 where he needs to be a pseudo left back at times, I'm not sure. For tackles, aerial balls win and leadership, in a flat 4, he commands.

With any new manager who doesn't do hoofball, his poor distribution is going to also be an issue.

But he's still an asset to us and a great squad captain. Just think next season not always gonna start.

He's signed a new extension at xmas. Now contracted at Saints until May 2022.

I was surprised, as he'd get a lot more money at Aberdeen, Hibs or Hearts? Surely all three would have been in for him? A Rolls-Royce of a defender. I don't want to go too overboard with comparisons, but every time I see him, he's been outstanding. Saints fans been saying for past couple of seasons that he should be in Scotland squad. He must be looking at Devlin, who had a purple patch of form at Aberdeen, then gets a call up, and thinking maybe if I moved to Hearts/Aberdeen, I might get that recognition? Maybe he couldn't give a feck?

If at all possible, we should be looking to re-invest any money we get for McKenna, in this guy. Barnsley had a 100k bid thrown out before he signed on at Saints... what would it take for them to cave? His stock may already have risen too high...

I didn't get the inactivity of us, Aberdeen and the wee team either. He's not ready for the uglies, but then look at Hendry, Dundee to Celtic. He's better than him. Maybe mcinnes felt he wouldn't start ahead of Devlin and McKenna so couldn't justify the wage.

With Levein and his ability to fall out with people, a lot comes down to who the agent is.

Hastie at Motherwell is going to be the next bun fight. Assuming Aberdeen will be in to replace GMS...

Berra is looking exposed at LCH in a 3 where he prefers a flat back 4.

Dunne, Souttar and Halkett would suit me as our 3. Berra as cover and squad Capt.

Few leaving us but on upside we'll have a few quid spare off the salary bill to reinvest if / when Djoum, Naismith, Sammon, Edwards, Martin, Shaughnessey, Doyle, Mitchell, Garrucio all away.

Just need a new manager to go after new faces and get us playing non-hoofball.

Fuck off.

• Upvote 1

Nobody cares

Erm, actually. In this thread at least. Folk do it seems & plenty are commenting on his opinions to prove it.

I think it's fairly reasonable to expect fans of other clubs that use this forum to try & have discussions in a thread based on teams other than Aberdeen you fkn Roaster.

• Upvote 2

Erm, actually. In this thread at least. Folk do it seems & plenty are commenting on his opinions to prove it.

I think it's fairly reasonable to expect fans of other clubs that use this forum to try & have discussions in a thread based on teams other than Aberdeen you fkn Roaster.

Nicely stated @@fine-n-dandy and yes, he is a fucking roaster. Have a good week mate.

He's signed a new extension at xmas. Now contracted at Saints until May 2022.

I was surprised, as he'd get a lot more money at Aberdeen, Hibs or Hearts? Surely all three would have been in for him? A Rolls-Royce of a defender. I don't want to go too overboard with comparisons, but every time I see him, he's been outstanding. Saints fans been saying for past couple of seasons that he should be in Scotland squad. He must be looking at Devlin, who had a purple patch of form at Aberdeen, then gets a call up, and thinking maybe if I moved to Hearts/Aberdeen, I might get that recognition? Maybe he couldn't give a feck?

If at all possible, we should be looking to re-invest any money we get for McKenna, in this guy. Barnsley had a 100k bid thrown out before he signed on at Saints... what would it take for them to cave? His stock may already have risen too high...

It was as a McKenna replacement that I was meaning. I doubt St J could afford to turn down £350k for his services but even if they pushed us up to £500k he would still be a sound investment

^^^

Old firm arrogance

Agreed. Just as ignorant as the Tim fans that were taking the huff regarding Hibs & Us 'holding them to ransom' with regards McGinn/McKenna.

We may be talking different cash amounts here but principle is same.

If they knocked back £100k before he signed an extension.

£350k (or £500k) is just as ridiculous when they have him contract up to 2022 now. Even if they desperately needed him off the wage bill, which is doubtful.

My guess is they have a release fee agreed in his new contract (which helped convince him to sign) but it's probably a good bit over £500k. Which if he is as good as some believe, could be worth pushing boat out with a bit of McKenna cash invested in him.

^^^

Old firm arrogance

Incorrect.  We're the fucking famous and immune to hypocrisy.  When the arse cheeks come out with that sort of thing it's arrogance.  When we do it it's fact.  St J are a nothing club and Kerr should be desperate to come to Scotland's most successful club in Europe.

• Upvote 1

Not a chance we'll be bidding for Kerr. They'll be looking at 7 figure offers from down the road.