Motherwell V Aberdeen (0 - 2)

Regardless of who starts, this will be a big test for D McI in terms of how he sets up the team and responds to Motherwells style of play. We have the potential to win, but there are still tendencies to go off the boil at times. At least yesterday they held their nerve and Vernon showed signs of his original form.

Does it go to extra time and penalties, or is it a replay at this stage?

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of who starts, this will be a big test for D McI in terms of how he sets up the team and responds to Motherwells style of play. We have the potential to win, but there are still tendencies to go off the boil at times. At least yesterday they held their nerve and Vernon showed signs of his original form.

Does it go to extra time and penalties, or is it a replay at this stage?

Played to a finish on the night.

were you at the game yesderday? I cannot and will not believe anyone there would start zola after his performance, the rest of the team have to pick up an unbelievable amount of slack with this imposter.

Unfortunatly I didnt make the game yesterday. Only going by his phenomenl record that he has only tasted defeat when started in one game - of course he was subbed off at 0-0 in that game. He must be doing something right

Lets getting something straight here....

Zola 10 starts

8 wins

1 draw (ridiculous decision to play Vernon in midfield)

1 loss (Zola was subbed at 0-0 and we played more than half the game against the champions with ten men)

Clearly he must be doing something right even if it is merely drawing attention from opposing players and tiring them out

He wasn't bad yesterday Zola I didn't think but after Vernon and Wylde performance off the bench, they both deserve to start instead of Zola and Hayes. Although if Vernon starts, McGinn needs to be close to him as Vernon has proved this season he ain't suitable for long frontman position.

as said on another thread I agree, has two be to straight swaps.

INJURED: Magennis & Murray

Vernon, Robson, Wylde and Considine pushing for starts. Clark looking to get involved in the travelling squad

Does Anderson start? Does Robson start? The only two questions I am afraid sorry Vernon/Wylde

Langfield

Shaughnessy Anderson Reynolds Considine

McGinn Jack Pawlett Flood Hayes

Zola

subs: Weaver, Hector, Vernon, Robson, Wylde

others: Robertson, Smith, Clark

Prediction: 1-1 at 90 minutes

No way will Anderson start, we rested a Hector and Considine so I'm expecting them to start.

Think the team will be:

Langfield

Shaugnessy Reynolds Hector Considine

Hayes Jack Flood Wylde

McGinn Vernon

Hope that he plays McGinn up front from the start rather than out wide.

Anyone who says that Zola is good is wrong. His first touch is crap, as is his heading, he has no speed, he looks lazy and as if he can't be bothered, can't hold the ball up. What does he do? When he plays it is literally like playing with ten men. The only reason that McInnes plays him week in week out is because he wants to try and prove that he is a good player and that he made the right decision to sign him, but I'm sorry that'll never happen. I am still yet to see a game that he has played well in (and I've been to all the competitive games so far this season apart from Partick Thistle, Falkirk and St Mirren).

Hope Vernon starts as after that his confidence will be much better.

Going for 2-1 Aberdeen.

Think the team will be:

Langfield

Shaugnessy Reynolds Hector Considine

Hayes Jack Flood Wylde

McGinn Vernon

Hope that he plays McGinn up front from the start rather than out wide.

Anyone who says that Zola is good is wrong. His first touch is crap, as is his heading, he has no speed, he looks lazy and as if he can't be bothered, can't hold the ball up. What does he do? When he plays it is literally like playing with ten men. The only reason that McInnes plays him week in week out is because he wants to try and prove that he is a good player and that he made the right decision to sign him, but I'm sorry that'll never happen. I am still yet to see a game that he has played well in (and I've been to all the competitive games so far this season apart from Partick Thistle, Falkirk and St Mirren).

Hope Vernon starts as after that his confidence will be much better.

Going for 2-1 Aberdeen.

Zola's only half decent performance was against partick, where surprisingly enough he looked like a footballer. every other time I've seen him though he has been absolutely woeful.

Lets getting something straight here....

Zola 10 starts

8 wins

1 draw (ridiculous decision to play Vernon in midfield)

1 loss (Zola was subbed at 0-0 and we played more than half the game against the champions with ten men)

Clearly he must be doing something right even if it is merely drawing attention from opposing players and tiring them out

I agree.

Technically he is probably very similar to Jerel Ifil, but he must be doing something right. I don't know what it is, and if I did, I'd probably be a football manager. These sort of stats tell the whole story, rather than Zola getting mouthed off for being shite.

Also, I have yet to see anyone slating Langfield for his glorious slip at the weekend. I thought better of you all.

He wasn't bad yesterday Zola I didn't think but after Vernon and Wylde performance off the bench, they both deserve to start instead of Zola and Hayes. Although if Vernon starts, McGinn needs to be close to him as Vernon has proved this season he ain't suitable for long frontman position.

You're correct. He wasn't bad. He was horrendous.

Special mention here - Big up to the guy who sticks one right into Lasley for going through Pawlett, Flood and/or Jack before he even considers going through Pawlett, Flood or Jack. In fact if he wants to do it in the tunnel when the wanker arrives off the bus that's fine by me. Still haven't forgotton Fyvie's "experienced journeyman tackle". Cunt.

ps. could Stuart McCall please say something offensive before kick off off. He's a likeable little bugger, for a hun cunt.

That is all. Gutted I'm out for this one, else the above views would be forcibly communicated.

Would not be hugely disappointed with a replay in a fortnight's time either. (or is it penalties???)

This is a mad! Can't believe that people actually think that Zola is good! I'm sorry but if you have been watching his past performances then that should show you that he shouldn't be starting for this one. Those stats being thrown around are pointless. When a player plays well he should be starting the next game if possible, this is what Vernon has done and therefor he should start. So what you are implying is that if Vernon starts we will loose and if Zola starts we will win? Well that has to end some time and your stats mean nothing anyway, so basically if he starts you are predicting that he causes the team to loose. Crap.

No, what I think people might suggest is that a lot of what Zola does goes unnoticed. I'm not too sure on this one myself, but against Hibs the other day, there was a lot of space in behind the striker for our attacking midfielders to operate in. This has not been the case in some of the games where Zola has not played. Is his physical presence changing the way teams play against us, which isn't offered by A.N. Other up front? Is playing him up front for the first 70 minutes of a game tiring defenders out more than alternative players are, leading to other players taking advantage later on?

I expect McInnes has a better idea on these things, so if he wants to start Zola on Wednesday, then I won't be commenting on it either way.

Has Scott Vernon turned into Gabriel Batistuta overnight or something? I'm not having the wool pulled over my eyes, just because of a few decent sub appearances.

I'd personally like to see McGinn starting upfront, but Foster14 has summed it up why I'm not writing Zola off yet.

Mind when a rumour surfaced that we were after batistuta? I delivered papers then, I said to a recipient 'that would be ace' and he said 'don't be stupid'. I was really deflated after that and about a week later I let my dog shit on his lawn. He has since moved, though I'm sure it's unrelated.