Shankland

Nightmare for Stoney, his little fishing trip has resulted in him agreeing with Millertime :clangers2:

Not at all,

Just loving the irony of folk slating Vernon and Magennis but backing Mcginn to the hilt............

Not sure i understand the Rabid dislike for some players, doesnt matter what the former do, they will never be given a break.

All three need to improve if we are to finish in the euro places.

• Upvote 1

Not at all,

Just loving the irony of folk slating Vernon and Magennis but backing Mcginn to the hilt............

Not sure i understand the Rabid dislike for some players, doesnt matter what the former do, they will never be given a break.

All three need to improve if we are to finish in the euro places.

Magennis is shit though, really terrible diarrhea type shit and hasn't been anything better than shit in his whole time with the club.

Vernon and McGinn have previously shown consistent spells of good form, Magennis once warmed up okay and that's as good as it gets for him.

If you are advocating anything different to that you know fuck all about football and any further comment you make is irrelevant.

Magennis is shit though, really terrible diarrhea type shit and hasn't been anything better than shit in his whole time with the club.

Vernon and McGinn have previously shown consistent spells of good form, Magennis once warmed up okay and that's as good as it gets for him.

If you are advocating anything different to that you know fuck all about football and any further comment you make is irrelevant.

Vernon, Zola AND McGinn were just woeful tonight.

Yeah let's start a massively unproven at the top level 17 year old in a crucial SPL game when he's been training full time for only a couple of months. It'll be fine, he'll score 3 and we'll win 8-0. Deary me.

39 games last season (& 14 goals) for Queens park in the third division is not the massive gulf in class you are making out.

If he's good enough, then he's bloody old enough.

Glad you weren't involved with Aberdeen's first team when the like of Jess was breaking through.

• Upvote 1

I don't get it when people say these kids aren't ready... I'm not asking for Shankland to necessarily start, but he should be given 20 odd minutes. Especially if Zola/Vernon/Magennis aren't delivering. It's the only way you properly blood the players. And this team SHOULD be scoring goals by the time 60 minutes rolls around, if they aren't then something has to change. I want to see more of Wylde, Low, McManus, Smith and Shankland - and maybe with all these unfortunate injuries we will see them more...

• Upvote 3

Yeah let's start a massively unproven at the top level 17 year old in a crucial SPL game when he's been training full time for only a couple of months. It'll be fine, he'll score 3 and we'll win 8-0. Deary me.

Sheer idiocy.

Clearly you know nothing about the game of football.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

As opposed to the prolific Vernon and Zola?

Bloody hell. Only one way to tell if he's ready. Idiot.

• Upvote 1

Oh ok. Langfield is crap, McInnes is a Hun, Vernon is useless, Zola is worse than Fallon, Milne must go, Shankland should start every game, Calderwood was a disaster and MillerTime is a numpty.

That better

You're getting there.

See, how good did that feel?

I don't agree with all of those points though.

For anyone under the false impression that because they are young (17) they are not ready :rolleyes: then look no further than Jordan McGhee at Hearts. A 17 year old defender scoring a decent header on his home debut.

Shankland has a lot more experience than he had before he came on last Saturday.

The boy deserves a shot. More so than the "proven" tried & tested numpties that have failed to partner McGinn on countless occasions.

I don't get it when people say these kids aren't ready... I'm not asking for Shankland to necessarily start, but he should be given 20 odd minutes. Especially if Zola/Vernon/Magennis aren't delivering. It's the only way you properly blood the players. And this team SHOULD be scoring goals by the time 60 minutes rolls around, if they aren't then something has to change. I want to see more of Wylde, Low, McManus, Smith and Shankland - and maybe with all these unfortunate injuries we will see them more...

Am sure the manager who went and signed the lad will know when the time is right to chuck the loon into first team. Obviously rates him first and foremost as signed him and will be watching him in training every day, so his time will come.

• Upvote 1