If McInnes does go to Sunderland, I reckon Lewis might move down there too.

I see figures of 20-30M being quoted for Pickford... replace him with Lewis and that's plenty money in the back pocket to spend elsewhere. That would be my thinking if I'm McInnes...

Changed your mind on Lewis yet SOTR?!

Changed your mind on Lewis yet SOTR?!

He has rejuvenated himself at Aberdeen... after a number of horrendous seasons in England.

The more I see players like McGinn, Lewis, Rooney, coming up the road, after struggling down south, the more I'm convinced this is the niche we need to seek out. Seeking out players with obvious talent, who's careers have hit a downward spiral and providing them with a platform to relaunch.

A lot of people are saying we're lucky to have players like Lewis, McGinn, etc... but they are also lucky we gave them the opportunity to rebuilt their careers. Lewis, in particular, was heading for the scrap heap.

• Upvote 1

After that performance what chance do we have of keeping big Joe? I think, unfortunately for us, he will be back off to the Championship given how well he has done this season. Hope I'm wrong though.

In saying that could he have done better with the second goal?

Harry Redknapp was there. He told BBC he was hoping to spot some players he could take to Birmingham. Fingers crossed Lewis isn't one of them.

He has rejuvenated himself at Aberdeen... after a number of horrendous seasons in England.

The more I see players like McGinn, Lewis, Rooney, coming up the road, after struggling down south, the more I'm convinced this is the niche we need to seek out. Seeking out players with obvious talent, who's careers have hit a downward spiral and providing them with a platform to relaunch.

A lot of people are saying we're lucky to have players like Lewis, McGinn, etc... but they are also lucky we gave them the opportunity to rebuilt their careers. Lewis, in particular, was heading for the scrap heap.

Completely agree

If only ur tennis insights were as accurate

As much as i like Lewis, Langfield would have been slaughtered for letting Celtics winner in. Could Lewis have done better at his near post?

Lewis did also admit he should've done better. Langfield would have blamed everything from Considine to the economy for his fuck up. It's also rare that Lewis is beaten like that. Langfield was beaten 9/10 at his near post.

• Upvote 1

Hi - long distance lurker and first time poster - pleased to see Joe Lewis establish himself again and make an impact.

I used to be a fairly regular spectator at Peterborough United at the time when Joe was brought in and always thought he was different class. Unfortunately he had a tough start at Posh as he replaced club legend Mark Tyler, who'd been first choice no.1 for about 400 games, and some fans never took to him because of that.

Think he lost a couple of seasons by moving to Cardiff as no.2 - personally I think he's too good for the Championship and should stick with Aberdeen to progress.

I also got to see him in an England squad at Wembley - although he never played, I think thats the last time in my lifetime that I'll see a Posh player warming up pre-match in full England kit.

Thought he could have done better for the second goal though...

• Upvote 2

Hi - long distance lurker and first time poster - pleased to see Joe Lewis establish himself again and make an impact.

I used to be a fairly regular spectator at Peterborough United at the time when Joe was brought in and always thought he was different class. Unfortunately he had a tough start at Posh as he replaced club legend Mark Tyler, who'd been first choice no.1 for about 400 games, and some fans never took to him because of that.

Think he lost a couple of seasons by moving to Cardiff as no.2 - personally I think he's too good for the Championship and should stick with Aberdeen to progress.

I also got to see him in an England squad at Wembley - although he never played, I think thats the last time in my lifetime that I'll see a Posh player warming up pre-match in full England kit.

Thought he could have done better for the second goal though...

I've not seen it back but I wonder of its because he was carrying a knock.