Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

The fishermen were all for brexit though. Then they all voted Tory in the GE. Hard to feel sympathy tbh.

Its only during the transition period. Its not unexpected that the status quo would be kept until the final deal is agreed and we completely leave on 31/12/20. Its less than 2 years. Hopefully they don't sell out the fishing industry for a 2nd time.

• Upvote 2

I did. You said many "dopes" would vote for it for identity reasons. An identity which you then part-characterised as hating the English.

I said current Scots identity has no roots and gave some examples of what counts as "scottishness".

I said wanting independence is about a yearning to try to create a deeper identity than this.

I said current Scots identity has no roots and gave some examples of what counts as "scottishness".

I said wanting independence is about a yearning to try to create a deeper identity than this.

Indeed. You are talking complete shite and showing a complete lack of understanding of the Yes movement.

• Downvote 1

What are all these powers Holyrood will reap from Brexit? The Westminster negotiating team have now agreed that the EU will still set fishing quotas, one of the main reasons for a lot of people in Scotland voting leave. We really are at the mercy of tory voting middle England now, democracy is an illusion in Scotland.

1) In September last year, the SNP published a list of 111 powers that should come to Scotland from Brussels, thanks to Brexit. They whined that these powers were vulnerable to a "power grab" from Westminster and made a big fuss of it.

Again the schizophrenic and idiotic nature of Scottish Nationalism came to the fore because:

(a) if it wasn't for the Brexit the SNP condemn, they wouldn't be getting any powers at all

(b) they are quite happy for Eurocrats in Brussels to have these powers, but squeal at the idea of Scottish MPs in Westminster having them.

(c.) both the SNP and Greens would rush to return these powers to brussels, given half a chance - because the "independence" they offer is an illusion and their ambition goes no further than having a passport saying "scottish", while being a powerless make-up-the-numbers EU country (like Ireland).

2) Regarding the fishing, I don't like it at all, but it is an interim measure for <2 years (20 months?) - much like we have seen transitional arrangements elsewhere.

And again we see the stupidity of the SNP, they moan that the EU will set quotas for an additional ~20 months - but it if was up to them, the EU would set the quotas permanently, forever.

3) Any democratic deficit you identity as regards Scotland and the Westminster Parliament will be magnified hugely with an indy scotland in europe.

Scotland is ~7.62% of the UK population (5 million out of 65.6 million).

Scotland is 0.98% of the EU population (5 million out of 508 million)

And, with an indy scotland in the EU, Holyrood will have much less powers than it will with scotland as part of a non-EU UK (as per (1) above).

Don't listen to Parklife, on this topic he is an absolute walloper.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

1) In September last year, the SNP published a list of 111 powers that should come to Scotland from Brussels, thanks to Brexit. They whined that these powers were vulnerable to a "power grab" from Westminster and made a big fuss of it.

Again the schizophrenic and idiotic nature of Scottish Nationalism came to the fore because:

(a) if it wasn't for the Brexit the SNP condemn, they wouldn't be getting any powers at all

(b) they are quite happy for Eurocrats in Brussels to have these powers, but squeal at the idea of Scottish MPs in Westminster having them.

(c.) both the SNP and Greens would rush to return these powers to brussels, given half a chance - because the "independence" they offer is an illusion and their ambition goes no further than having a passport saying "scottish", while being a powerless make-up-the-numbers EU country (like Ireland).

It's like you're on a mission in every post to demonstrate that you don't have a fucking clue about the Yes movement.

Most people don't care about flags, or nationality, or religion, or skin colour. I know that mindset is bizarre to someone with your abhorrent beliefs but it is the reality.

2) Regarding the fishing, I don't like it at all, but it is an interim measure for <2 years (20 months?) - much like we have seen transitional arrangements elsewhere.

And again we see the stupidity of the SNP, they moan that the EU will set quotas for an additional ~20 months - but it if was up to them, the EU would set the quotas permanently, forever.

So the after the transitional period, the UK will close our waters to the EU and still be able to agree a tariff-free trade deal? Nope, they won't. There will still be quotas and foreign boats in UK waters.

You keep drinking the Brexit Kool-Aid though.

3) Any democratic deficit you identity as regards Scotland and the Westminster Parliament will be magnified hugely with an indy scotland in europe.

And, with an indy scotland in the EU, Holyrood will have much less powers than it will with scotland as part of a non-EU UK (as per (1) above).

What a bizarre comparison. You realise that's not actually how the EU works, right? It doesn't set every single law or policy decision in each member country. You know that, yeah? You'd have to be thick as fuck to think that we the case.

Now, i don't think you are thick as fuck (just a bigot), so it's pretty clear you're just attempting to paint a scenario that doesn't exist.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Its only during the transition period. Its not unexpected that the status quo would be kept until the final deal is agreed and we completely leave on 31/12/20. Its less than 2 years. Hopefully they don't sell out the fishing industry for a 2nd time.

They will sell the fishing industry completely no doubt about that, the fishing industry is only 0.05% of gdp so quite expendable

Bunch of greedy self centred cunts anyway

Never seen so much pish in one post ever

The powers should go to the devolved nations as per devo agreement so its just not the snp is it even if you tried to soften the blow by saying Scottish mps in Westminster (never knew Scottish mps got individual powers in Westminster)

You also say we will be a make up the numbers same as countrys like Ireland is that Ireland that has a veto and a seat at the brexit table (more than us)

As for the rest nae gan to bother wasting my time with it but ask you two questions

How many countrys that have got independence from the british empire are wanting back

Most other countries in the world are independent so explain why only Scotland would be too poor

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Fuck sake C_S you are a Fenian who is clearly a supporter of the Conservative and Unionist party. That must go doon a bomb with your fellow Taigs. Your man in the big hoose in the Vatican winna be too pleased when he finds oot you were seen singing God save the Queen wrapped in a Union Jack with Donald Findlay QC. Confession and a few hail Mary's will not save you from the eternal inferno. You sir are a complete contradiction.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

You didn't, but the clear implication was that you think I am a moron who cannot distinguish between "politics, football and religion." If however you were not making that accusation then I will be very happy to hear it from you.

Depends if you were serious in calling him a complete contradiction i.e. were you engaging in light satire or serious debate? :)

Depends if you were serious in calling him a complete contradiction i.e. were you engaging in light satire or serious debate? :)

:)

Well I have plenty of time on my hands today so we can keep this up for as long as you like, but since you are employing the old Platonic dialectic style of constantly questioning me, in the hope my point implodes on me through my own words, then which of the two styles do you think I was engaging in?

• Upvote 2