Scotlands Useless Referees

The entire focus of the programme was clear. Rangers got 4 penalties, one of which was legit ergo the only possible impact and discussion point was therefore should Celtic have got their two or not (one def, one poss for me).

Next week, whilst covering some the relegation battle it’ll be “who was better, Laudrup or Larsen?”

Laudrup. I've no idea who Larsen is.  

• Upvote 1

I see Steve Clarke is fighting the good fight, asking for Defoe to get suspended.

If that's what you saw, fair enough.

He didn't mention Defoe by name or mention anyone actually.

Just spoke of consistency and one of his playesr getting a simulation ban and that he'd hope the compliance officer will be looking at this weekend's games.

One of our players (Jordan Jones) was suspended for two games earlier in the season for going to ground too easily. There was a media furore. A witch hunt against the player.

"Nothing on the same scale from Saturday's game, Rangers versus St Mirren (with Jermain Defoe winning a spot-kick after a challenge from Paul McGinn).

"Hopefully the compliance officer [Clare Whyte] will do her job. It doesn't affect us, I am not particularly advocating (a sanction), but I just want consistency.

"So if our player gets a two-game ban, I look forward to seeing what happens this week."

The kind folks at the BBC have joined the dots for us.

Poor mix of square and round brackets though, @@Panda get it sorted.

• 4 weeks later...

Hope everyone seen the ref in the spurs arsenal game yesterday

Kane winning a penalty despite being offside (much like the penalty mckenna gave away)

That a conspiracy too or just shite refereeing?

It was shite from the linesman he was well out of position which is unforgivable when it's from a free-kick. There are poor officials and decisions made in every country.

But I don't really watch too much of the English league I never watch a live English game I might watch MOTD the odd time. I watch Scottish football every week and I don't see too much evidence of the high level refereeing that Infantino says exists in this country. Maybe it's just sheer incompetence most of the time.

The problem is that the system in this country means referees are more vulnerable to accusations of bias mostly because (unlike in England) they are allowed to consistently referee the team they support.

• Upvote 1

It was shite from the linesman he was well out of position which is unforgivable when it's from a free-kick. There are poor officials and decisions made in every country.

But I don't really watch too much of the English league I never watch a live English game I might watch MOTD the odd time. I watch Scottish football every week and I don't see too much evidence of the high level refereeing that Infantino says exists in this country. Maybe it's just sheer incompetence most of the time.

The problem is that the system in this country means referees are more vulnerable to accusations of bias mostly because (unlike in England) they are allowed to consistently referee the team they support.

Wasting your time there pal.

• Upvote 5

I see a former ref is one of the tabloids today calling out the Scottish refs association as a cabal of self serving, corrupt shitcunts.

Surprise.

Nae exactly news that Andrew Dallas is where he is in life because of his dad. Fuck all will change though. These cunts have gotten away with cheating in plain sight for generations. I don't even think they know they are corrupt at this point, it's ingrained into them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hibernian head coach Paul Heckingbottom has criticised referee Steven McLean for calling Rangers manager Steven Gerrard to apologise for a mistake in last week's meeting of the two sides.

It's ridiculous isn't it?  Heckingbottom getting well stuck in about it in the papers and quite right too.

"Hi Stevie, its Steven here, I'm really sorry about the decision on Saturday, it won't happen gain, I promise.  Is the ticket you were going to give me for the next Celtic game still ok?"

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...