Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Brilliant news as Hibs will struggle.

Not if they got Clarke in.

He would possibly fancy that switch also. Be a good move for both him & Hibs.

Has he actually been suspended though. What is the actual story? I just read he will miss the St Mirren game. That could be due to personal reasons, bereavement in family etc. or could be he's away to look at/sign a player. Nothing has been said as to why he's missing St's game has it?

The rumours on some forums is that Lennon threw a chair at a player.

Record reporting there was a heated team meeting with the players. Some players went to complain to Dempster. Background staff are backing Lennon and are refusing to take temporary charge of the weekends game.

This is delightful.

• Upvote 1

There'll be loads of stories doing the rounds from those "in the know".

Frankly don't give a fuck what the facts are.

The boy's a popcorn teethed mink of the first order.

Those who wanted him anywhere near Aberdeen need to gie themselves a shak.

Flat track bully, he's average at best when the other managers in the league have more than 10% of his budget.

All the Hibs fans want Clarke

Can bet your bottom dollar if it was the Huns Killie tomorrow all the red tops would manage to fabricate a story out of that in the next couple hours

They can want him all they like but there's no way he'd take a step down to manage a yo yo club when he's already at an established top flight team.

Besides that if he continues his good work at Killie he'll get a decent job at an English Championship club.

I think many fans respected Lennon's approach to games and his lack of fear of the ugly sisters (which to be fair he backed up with many good results and fearless performances against them). There was respect for the fast attacking brand of football his teams played too.

But it's obvious that he's just too much of a loose cannon. Too much public criticism of his players and just too emotionally unstable to be a successful manager for a long period of time at any club.

When I see how the likes of Lennon and Levein conduct themselves it makes me appreciate more what we have in McInnes. He's not perfect by any stretch but he's an excellent man manager and his players clearly want to play for him. He never slates his players in public he definitely goes by the mantra of what happens in the dressing room stays there. If they've been shite I'm sure he tells them that behind closed doors. But he's always very measured in front of the cameras.

• Upvote 6

Hopefully he’s manufacturing himself a move back to Celtic as Rodgers fucks off back to England or a continental team with silly money. No way will Clark go to Hibs if they’re in a mess again, his next move will be to a club that has a chance of winning something as I don’t think his main motivation is money anymore

There'll be loads of stories doing the rounds from those "in the know".

Frankly don't give a fuck what the facts are.

The boy's a popcorn teethed mink of the first order.

Those who wanted him anywhere near Aberdeen need to gie themselves a shak.

That sums it up Dom.......close thread

Clarke just needs to look at the clusterfuck Terry Butcher's career turned into when he left a sure thing in the Inverness job for Hibs and it very quickly went tits up.

Don't see Clarke leaving Killie for another Scottish job other than Rangers or Celtic, and he's not going to get either of those.

Spot on with the Butcher comparison. But if Rodgers were to leave Celtic at the end of the season I think Clarke would be seriously considered by the tim board to take over from him. A lot of experience in top level Scottish and English football and highly respected both sides of the border.