Dismal Deadline Day (January 2019)

Not sure it's been that bad a window. Stewart and Lowe have improved our first 11 never mind squad. Seems like anyone signed yesterday would have just been for the sake of it.

Fans just desperate for any kind of signing news these days. Modern fitba huh. No need to panic.

Agreed but I think we are short of a centre half, too many injuries there at the moment and it’s not certain Devlin and Hoban won’t end up crocked for ages again.

Lewis

Logan

Devlin

McKenna

Lowe

Shinnie

Ferguson

McGinn

GMS

Cosgrove

Stewart

Cerny

Hoban

Considine

Gleeson 

Ball

Campbell

McLennan

May

Wilson

It's not a bad squad size there, and that isn't including a few other young players on the peripheries.  I assume Wright's place ultimately gets replaced by a youth player (Frank Ross?).  I think Reynolds is a strange one, given how stretched we've been defensively at times this year.  With Hoban, Devlin and McKenna all having had injury issues, seems a bit daft to run with only 6 senior players in that area. 

Only other place I'd maybe have looked for a signing is wide, but ultimately I think that would have ended up curtailing the development of McLennan. And perhaps Wilson out and someone in, but don't know if the deal had that option.  

Not sure it's been that bad a window. Stewart and Lowe have improved our first 11 never mind squad. Seems like anyone signed yesterday would have just been for the sake of it.

Fans just desperate for any kind of signing news these days. Modern fitba huh. No need to panic.

Sums it up. People just want a signing so they can get excited. Is what it is I suppose.

The squad size we have is fine as including Frank Ross it's 20 outfield players. Hopefully Ross is close to a return. Wright desperately needed a loan move to a lower PL side McInnes should have punted him on loan at the start of the season and brought Stewart back at that point but better late than never I suppose. Anderson hasn't featured much and after the signing of Stewart was unlikely to.

Reynolds I would have kept for emergencies as I don't see the value of loaning him out as he's at the end of his career and is out of contract at the end of the season. But barring major injuries he was unlikely to feature and McInnes must be sure that Devlin is just about ready to return and that Hoban is now properly fit. Reynolds gave me the fear every time he played in the last few seasons he was unlikely to feature even Ball would be called upon to play in defence before him.

Lowe and Stewart in with Forrester and Tansey permanently punted and 3 players who barely feature put out on loan is hardly a tragedy.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lean as fuck squad. Risky. But like others have said, getting back Lowe & Stewart is great.

Just to hark back to the "bring in loads of centre mids in summer" experiment, Ferguson has been excellent, Gleeson looks like good cover, same with Ball, while Forrester wasn't right and we've cut our losses there.

With hindsight, we're maintaining our capabilities, how us fans choose to interpret that is up to how delusional we are.

Shut up, be happy. The league is fucking daft anyway.

Most fans don’t want to be excited, they want to moan like fuck about things.

Sums it up pretty well.

We've signed one of the best players in the league, got Lowe back and held onto McKenna.  Shipped out some of the dross and put a couple of our youngsters out to get some much needed game time.

Another attacking player yesterday would have been nice but i'd rather we signed no-one than loaned anyone from the tims (especially that pizza faced turncoat) or brought in dross like Chidi or Barker from down south.  All that would achieve is limiting game time for the likes of McLennan, Campbell and Ross (x2)

Folk have complained for years about the lack of chances for our own youth, now they're bubbling cause we've not signed some over rated dross from england to hamper their chances.  

Greeting faced cunts

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Sums it up pretty well.

We've signed one of the best players in the league, got Lowe back and held onto McKenna. Shipped out some of the dross and put a couple of our youngsters out to get some much needed game time.

Another attacking player yesterday would have been nice but i'd rather we signed no-one than loaned anyone from the tims (especially that pizza faced turncoat) or brought in dross like Chidi or Barker from down south. All that would achieve is limiting game time for the likes of McLennan, Campbell and Ross (x2)

Folk have complained for years about the lack of chances for our own youth, now they're bubbling cause we've not signed some over rated dross from england to hamper their chances.

Greeting faced cunts

Spot on.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Same old story. Total lack of ambition. Hope for the best but we cannot even say we have planned for the worst with that.

We have settled for mediocrity with a hope of a bit of good fortune basically. In that our injury/suspension jinx stems & hope that our competition have some misfortune

Just a tightening of purse strings by using/abusing DNAers ;)

• Downvote 2

Same old story. Total lack of ambition. Hope for the best but we cannot even say we have planned for the worst with that.

We have settled for mediocrity with a hope of a bit of good fortune basically.

Just a tightening of purse strings by using/abusing DNAers ;)

So if we do well it's through good fortune? Not the fact that you were wrong?

What do you class as 'doing well' though

I am not wrong btw ;) & yes, if we 'do well' it will most certainly be down to good fortune mostly rather than good planning

Ahwell so you can't be wrong either way according to you. If we do well and this squad is strong enough you will have been wrong...yet again I will add.

Doing well is completely subjective which you'll get again twist to suit your argument.

Ahwell so you can't be wrong either way according to you. If we do well and this squad is strong enough you will have been wrong...yet again I will add.

Doing well is completely subjective which you'll get again twist to suit your argument.

Yet again? Hmmmmm when?

What are you classing as doing well I asked. Scottish cup win? Finishing second again? (We won't achieve either)

Or simply reaching a semi/final & scraping a Europa place maybe? Which IMO looks our most likely 'best case'

The club should just come out and say we are not spending any excess money with the stadium being built.

We will trundle along and hopefully get in the top 4 to get some European football.

The stadium is costing an absolute fortune so you can understand why we aren’t pushing for new players at the minute.

It’s the lack of clarity from the board that pisses me off. Especially when Cormack is going on about tapping into the US market etc etc

• Upvote 2

Indeed. Thankfully the league was dramatically & continuously weakened ;)

Happy clap away though ;)

League cup woo hoo.

Far from a happy clapper.

You can only play what's in front of you.  The orcs have been massively outspending us since they were formed in 2012 - they've won fuck all worthwhile and never finished above us.

• Upvote 1

Disappointed we have not managed to bring in another attacking option

Bizarre weve decided to put out 3 tonight unless we are very sure our 3 injuries (MD SM FR) are back in the next week or so.

I'm actually more worried about DM's diminishing performances in the transfer market than what our results in the second half of the season are going to be. Fairly confident we can qualify for europe through the league and get back to Hampden as minimum targets. Anything beyond that is a bonus

We were looking at a wide player but there's no budget at all. The moves of Wright/Anderson are solely to help with their development and Reynolds just wants to play football. We wanted Wilson of the wage bill but couldn't do it, don't know the details of this but guessing he's on a 1 year loan with no option to terminate.

The club should just come out and say we are not spending any excess money with the stadium being built.

We will trundle along and hopefully get in the top 4 to get some European football.

The stadium is costing an absolute fortune so you can understand why we aren’t pushing for new players at the minute.

It’s the lack of clarity from the board that pisses me off. Especially when Cormack is going on about tapping into the US market etc etc

Exactly & the AberDNA was all part of this strategy for 'saving' cost cutting. This will ruin what could have been a great marketing ploy for the club in long run as the DNA scam will be a failing innovation now

Exactly & the AberDNA was all part of this strategy for 'saving' cost cutting. This will ruin what could have been a great marketing ploy for the club in long run as the DNA scam will be a failing innovation now

The thing that's going to ruin DNA is wasting a rumoured £8k per week of it on Wilson

Lewis

Logan Devlin McKenna Lowe

Ferguson Shinnie

GMS Stewart McGinn

Cosgrove

subs: Cerny, Hoban, Considine, Gleeson, McLennan, May, Wilson

others: Ball, Campbell, Ross

That looks pretty good but for any games where we have 5 injuries/suspensions at the same time we'll be a bit tight.

E Ross has certainly landed in right place at right time - great transfer deadline day for him (if he's 22nd in that squad) given we've been carrying injuries all season