Dismal Deadline Day (January 2019)

I thought the gaffer mentioned at the time of Wilson transfer deal that DNA monies raised helped to make the loan deal happen. Not sure if that meant wages and/or a loan fee. Someone rumoured on the forum we could be paying up to 7k of his 30k weekly wages. What I meant by budget is that the gaffer must be assuming a portion of the DNA raised and designated for first team is included as part of his wage budget each year. Personally, I rather it be used for transfers so where the money goes is more transparent. Sorry, maybe I am thinking more like a banker than as a fan.

I think the last quote was (net) 600k raised for first team or 1 million less VAT and expenses in July 18

That's kind of what I mean. There's not, as far as Derek McInnes will be concerned, a 'normal' wage budget and a 'DNA' budget. Money that gets spent on transfer and wages can't be attributed to DNA money any more than they could be attributed to season ticket money or TV money or strip sales or whatever other revenue streams they have.

I think our squad is good enough to get Europe for next season, the issues then lie when Shinnie, GMS, McKenna (potentially), Lowe, Stewart....etc leave and we expect a depleted starting 11 to qualify for the groups. It's as boring as getting beat by Celtic in every cup final.

My sheets are dry at the moment but it won't take much for me to start pishing everywhere.

This pretty much sums up my feelings on it all at the moment. I'd say the board and management are targeting third place and a Europa qualifier spot, but little else, so we can forget about a genuine title challenge or the Scottish Cup. That may be realistic, or severe lack of ambition, depending on our individual standpoint, but the Summer will be a real make or break IMHO, with Europa qualifiers starting so early...

The one big underachievement of the McInnes era has been lack of progress in Europe (Sociedad and Burnley aside, we should have done better in Kazakhstan and Cyprus especially) and that is, realistically, our only hope of getting the cash needed to really kick on a level.

I thought the gaffer mentioned at the time of Wilson transfer deal that DNA monies raised helped to make the loan deal happen. Not sure if that meant wages and/or a loan fee. Someone rumoured on the forum we could be paying up to 7k of his 30k weekly wages. What I meant by budget is that the gaffer must be assuming a portion of the DNA raised and designated for first team is included as part of his wage budget each year. Personally, I rather it be used for transfers so where the money goes is more transparent. Sorry, maybe I am thinking more like a banker than as a fan.

I think the last quote was (net) 600k raised for first team or 1 million less VAT and expenses in July 18

If true, then £7k a week for someone who has spent most of his time crocked or warming the bench, is a criminal waste of money and with Anderson not in the running for the remainder of the season, our attacking options are low, should we get a few injuries.

Penny pinching started around then.

Ordered too many G Hackett strips.

I'm not sure if it was then but at some cup game in the depth of winter i'm sure it was Hignett who was a sub at Arbroath, I was wasted and pissed, ripped the fuck out of him when he was warming up, told him he was a lazy cunt and to fuck off back to England. He gave me a death stare, thought he was going to jump the wall and have a square go, lot of fans backed me, he was a useless cunt, lot of folk hated me. Next day I was a hate figure, the amount of people who said they were close to punching me was scary. I got home unscathed. 

Good old days.

• Downvote 2

Said earlier on by somebody, there is no point signing someone just for the sake of it. Accepting where we're at, and accepting our limitations (esp financial), and accepting the SPFL/SFA is a bogey, would help some people.

I'd call the window meh/okay. We're not any weaker but would have been had Lowe left and if McInnes can work out how to best utilise Stewart, I'd say we should be stronger.

Depth may be a challenge, but the players who have left/been loaned out were fringe players anyway (or not even in the picture).

Still in the hunt for 2nd position and SC not an impossible dream.

It'll be okay.

Guest the shepherd

I'm not sure if it was then but at some cup game in the depth of winter i'm sure it was Hignett who was a sub at Arbroath, I was wasted and pissed, ripped the fuck out of him when he was warming up, told him he was a lazy cunt and to fuck off back to England. He gave me a death stare, thought he was going to jump the wall and have a square go, lot of fans backed me, he was a useless cunt, lot of folk hated me. Next day I was a hate figure, the amount of people who said they were close to punching me was scary. I got home unscathed.

Good old days.

Just as well it wasn't this lad you were giving grief to

I dunno Milno - what if hes like concussed or some pish? You have to be prepared for bad news from time to time.

No really haha - hes fine; a wee stitch or 5, and roberts your mummys sibling - back in training tonight.

Looked concussed.

Nae wonder efter that hoora heedbutt on the post.

How many matches did GMS miss efter his heed knock?

Eight?

Nine?

Did Wilson do enough today to merit a start on Wednesday night? Sounds like he played well.

Did Gleeson play well when he came on?

If McKenna comes back before Devlin who do we think should partner him out of Considine and Hoban based on the last two games?

Gleeson i have to say didn't stand out. But thats only my opinion and it's not to say he wasn't effective.

Wilson though i thought was really good.

McInnes played him as an inside left for a reason. He had the pace and skill to torment the hibs backline. Far better tban McGinn or McLennan would have in that instance.

Did Wilson do enough today to merit a start on Wednesday night? Sounds like he played well.

Did Gleeson play well when he came on?

If McKenna comes back before Devlin who do we think should partner him out of Considine and Hoban based on the last two games?

Wilson - yes.

Gleeson - held his position well and gave us a bit of solidity. Actually thought he would have brought on Ball for that purpose.

Centre Backs - think a lot will depend on how we fare in the Sevco game. Keep a clean sheet and it will give McInnes a real headache. Lose a couple and will be easier to bring Devlin and McKenna back in. Hoban is a class act when fit though, so may have to be Logan that gives way.

Wilson - yes.

Gleeson - held his position well and gave us a bit of solidity. Actually thought he would have brought on Ball for that purpose.

Centre Backs - think a lot will depend on how we fare in the Sevco game. Keep a clean sheet and it will give McInnes a real headache. Lose a couple and will be easier to bring Devlin and McKenna back in. Hoban is a class act when fit though, so may have to be Logan that gives way.

Obviously Considine drops out.

Gleeson i have to say didn't stand out. But thats only my opinion and it's not to say he wasn't effective.

Wilson though i thought was really good.

McInnes played him as an inside left for a reason. He had the pace and skill to torment the hibs backline. Far better tban McGinn or McLennan would have in that instance.

Gleeson will never stand out. It's not his game. Very very effective though, in my opinion. Hopefully has a big part to play this second half of the season.

• Upvote 1

Wilson - yes.

Wilson, Stewart and Lowe had some great close control and skill in that game, Shinnie seems to be trying to hard to be a playmaker and he should stick to what he is excellent at.......he can’t match any of those three.

Gleeson looks to have worked his way into favour, which is great for the squad for the second half of the season, actually giving us decent midfield options.....who knew