Six Nation 2017

OddJob

Still, I'm not TOO gutted, that was a mammoth French pack we were up against and in years past we'd have been walloped out of sight by half-time in a game like that.

Yes we were competitive throughout and did so much better than I was expecting.

So much better in fact, that I was left a bit disgruntled as we could well have won the game.

The traditional handling errors still reared their head at times, but we were a different team to recent years. Looking back at our conversions (hitting crossbar and then that bizarre miss), the game could have been even closer.

Still, after beating the irish and giving the french a good game on their home patch, we have absolutely nothing to fear from any of the remaining teams. We should beat the italians and leek-eaters as a minimum.

We are going in the right direction!

So much better in fact, that I was left a bit disgruntled as we could well have won the game.

The traditional handling errors still reared their head at times, but we were a different team to recent years. Looking back at our conversions (hitting crossbar and then that bizarre miss), the game could have been even closer.

Still, after beating the irish and giving the french a good game on their home patch, we have absolutely nothing to fear from any of the remaining teams. We should beat the italians and leek-eaters as a minimum.

The french had a alot of handling errors too, the key for us is to remain clinical when we have chances. Oxford is right in saying we needed Laidlaws calmness and leadership. Some reports are claiming he's a major doubt for the rest of the tournament.

The french had a alot of handling errors too, the key for us is to remain clinical when we have chances. Oxford is right in saying we needed Laidlaws calmness and leadership. Some reports are claiming he's a major doubt for the rest of the tournament.

Wouldnt be surprised, some of those french c*nts are massive slabs of meat.

A close relation of the human species, they are specially reared in labs for the sole purpose of smashing opposing rugby players.

That's why they all resemble the incredible hulks wee brother.

A close relation of the human species, they are specially reared in labs for the sole purpose of smashing opposing rugby players.

I think it was a Scottish player who caused the injury but I get your point, some of the hits on Sunday were huge.

We definitely are, very proud of our team, not something we can say about the pish excuse of a national football team. Hope we get the breaks against the Guffs though

Bloody hope that's just a rumour and not true. Would be a massive blow

• Upvote 1

We definitely are, very proud of our team, not something we can say about the pish excuse of a national football team. Hope we get the breaks against the Guffs though

Bloody hope that's just a rumour and not true. Would be a massive blow

@theOxfordDon

Laidlaw out for rest of six nations

Crap news, but as numerous folk have pointed out, whilst he's a very good captain and on-field leader there are technically better scrum-halves in Scotland, including Ali Price who presumably becomes first-choice #9 for the remainder of the tournament.

Jonny Gray presumably also captain if Barclay fails to recover from injury in time for the Wales game, meaning that he becomes the youngest Scotland captain since the 1960s. Good on the laddie, he's developing into an absolute beast of a player and should be a shoo-in for the Lions tour in the summer.

Crap news, but as numerous folk have pointed out, whilst he's a very good captain and on-field leader there are technically better scrum-halves in Scotland, including Ali Price who presumably becomes first-choice #9 for the remainder of the tournament.

Jonny Gray presumably also captain if Barclay fails to recover from injury in time for the Wales game, meaning that he becomes the youngest Scotland captain since the 1960s. Good on the laddie, he's developing into an absolute beast of a player and should be a shoo-in for the Lions tour in the summer.

Johnny Gray and Stuart Hogg are the only shoe ins for the lions from Scotland with Hogg being the only starter. I agree on price, he gets the ball moving much quicker than Laidlaw, price just doesn;t have the composure of Laidlaw.

So the game is almost upon us. Are we going to beat the taffys? I will go for another good performance and a narrow Scotland win.

Scotland:

Scotland XV: Hogg (Glasgow); Seymour (Glasgow), Jones (Stormers), Dunbar (Glasgow), Visser (Harlequins), Russell (Glasgow), Price (Glasgow); Reid (Glasgow), Brown (Glasgow), Fagerson (Glasgow), R Gray (Toulouse), J Gray (Glasgow), Barclay (Scarlets, capt), Hardie (Edinburgh), Wilson (Glasgow).

Replacements: Ford (Edinburgh); Dell (Edinburgh), Berghan (Edinburgh), Swinson (Glasgow), Watson (Edinburgh), Pyrgos (Glasgow), Weir (Edinburgh), Bennett (Glasgow).

Compared to the Glasgow and Edinburgh players, how much more money would Visser / Barlcay and Gray make, for playing in England and France respectively?

The one thing you can say about Scotland-Wales games is that they are usually crackers, both teams like to move the ball wide and they are often high-scoring affairs.

The weather here was apocalyptic yesterday but it's calmed down a lot since and is set to be fine for tomorrow afternoon, which suits both teams.

Already sooooo many Welsh fans in town, they always come up here in their droves. Nothing quite like seeing Scotland beat them and then they're all left traipsing around Edinburgh afterwards looking miserable... let's hope for a repeat tomorrow. :laughing:

The one thing you can say about Scotland-Wales games is that they are usually crackers, both teams like to move the ball wide and they are often high-scoring affairs.

The weather here was apocalyptic yesterday but it's calmed down a lot since and is set to be fine for tomorrow afternoon, which suits both teams.

Already sooooo many Welsh fans in town, they always come up here in their droves. Nothing quite like seeing Scotland beat them and then they're all left traipsing around Edinburgh afterwards looking miserable... let's hope for a repeat tomorrow. :laughing:

Waverley was rammed earlier with them all having just got off a train. Always good to see them all here spending their cash but I hate their accent and I hope we pump them.

When I lived there, it was always mental when Wales were in town... I don't ever really remember the Irish or English making their presence felt - but the Welsh was just an invasion. Not all of them could have tickets surely?

Great result and performance.

We enjoyed fortune too, but it isnt often we can say that so I will take it!

Good handling and quick passing from Scotland, especially at the second try as VDA says above. Good kicking (from the tee) also. We didn't look like a team missing important players.

The crowd were in fine voice too. A great day! Amazing to think it was 10 years since we last beat that shower.

I arrived in town just as the crowds were reaching haymarket after the game. Place was mobbed. Was heading to a party and waiting on her coming back from the stadium. Trying to get a pint was impossible, I gave up when the crowds in the Guards Club over from Haymarket started having a sing-off. Delilah v Flower of Scotland. Arseholes