New Stadium Approved

• Site Sponsor

That is the lead story on the EE website, but I notice that this one flew under the radar a little bit

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/north-east-community-council-to-pause-operations-due-to-internal-conflicts/

Good spot Ernesto.

When the proposed site of the stadium was first announced there was a sudden influx of individuals, including those directly involved in NKS Ltd and their supporters, wanting to be voted onto the board of WECC.

These individuals claimed to be putting themselves forward for the "good of the community".

Now, a weary old cynic might take the view that they were simply trying to hijack WECC and to use it to further their own views on the stadium.

Interesting to note that since the judicial review went against NKS Ltd and its supporters, none of those individuals are now involved in WECC.

Of course, they wanted to join for the good of the community, you understand...

• Upvote 1

Is a threat actually against the law or does it depend on the what you are threatening? As in if you said if you do that again I’m going to report you to the police as opposed to If you do that again I am going to kill your dog?

Think it depends on the level of threat and how much you feel threatened by it. For instance Tup threatening to “burst your mouth” is not very threatening or scary, while Bri threatening to sit next to you on a long flight is probably worst

What the fuck is a Community Council anyway?

I get the impression it's a bunch of curtain-twitching old cunts who want to impose their cuntishness on other people from a position of self-assumed 'authority', when in reality they have all the authority of a wee kid stamping it's foot because it's not getting it's own way. 

• Site Sponsor

What the fuck is a Community Council anyway?

I get the impression it's a bunch of curtain-twitching old cunts who want to impose their cuntishness on other people from a position of self-assumed 'authority', when in reality they have all the authority of a wee kid stamping it's foot because it's not getting it's own way.

That pretty much sums it up.

They primarily complain about people not picking up dogshit or people picking up dogshit but not putting it in the dogshit receptacles.

Usually it's a meeting to moan about things like football stadiums being built on land which is outwith the community's area or applications by the likes of Starbucks or Maccy D's as these type of places will bring the "wrong" kind of people to their Garden Suburb.

Blue rinsers mostly.

I went past it last night, not anything to see that hasn't already been posted.

One thing I did note was how bad the traffic was at late rush hour, add a game into the mix and it's going to be gridlock, one road in and out, in the middle of nowhere, horrific location. The land must have been dirt cheap. Fine place for a training ground, no one will ever convince me putting a stadium there is going to be a good move for the club, you literally couldn't pick a worse location within the city boundaries.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

One thing I did note was how bad the traffic was at late rush hour, add a game into the mix and it's going to be gridlock, one road in and out, in the middle of nowhere, horrific location. The land must have been dirt cheap. Fine place for a training ground, no one will ever convince me putting a stadium there is going to be a good move for the club, you literally couldn't pick a worse location within the city boundaries.

It was. It cost £1.1m. Hell of a lot cheaper than the £25m+ being quoted for the old AECC site.

The traffic was never actually that bad when I lived there (the gridlock was usually more after the roundabout at Kingswells), so presumably the new bypass is causing it.

Glasgow is making plans for a new metro system to link the city, an airport link, loads of shit.

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasgow-news/glasgow-wide-metro-system-part-16194714

Meanwhile, Aberdeen are considering some more roads, have made an arse of the city rail link plans, and haven't announced a thing for Kingsford beyond the club's shuttle bus plan.

It was. It cost £1.1m. Hell of a lot cheaper than the £25m+ being quoted for the old AECC site.

The traffic was never actually that bad when I lived there (the gridlock was usually more after the roundabout at Kingswells), so presumably the new bypass is causing it.

Glasgow is making plans for a new metro system to link the city, an airport link, loads of shit.

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasgow-news/glasgow-wide-metro-system-part-16194714

Meanwhile, Aberdeen are considering some more roads, have made an arse of the city rail link plans, and haven't announced a thing for Kingsford beyond the club's shuttle bus plan.

Yeah the roundabout that links to the AWPR gets clogged up easily, that's not far from the entrance to the proposed stadium.

Our games won't start until around 2 hours after rush hour, so hopefully the two won't meet very often.

The council will do what they appear to be planning to do for everything else to do with the stadium - wait for Aberdeen to pay for and install them.

The problem isn't AFC's (which you know), its a piss poor junction design which when designed many moons ago probably didn't take into account the massively increased volume of traffic coming from all the oil/subsea companies out in Westhill.

The problem isn't AFC's (which you know), its a piss poor junction design which when designed many moons ago probably didn't take into account the massively increased volume of traffic coming from all the oil/subsea companies out in Westhill.

I know, but Aberdeen are already being asked to widen the dual carriageway, build/widen the footpath, build a bridge, install temporary traffic lights at the junction next to the stadium entrance, put on public transport, pay for a CPZ, and whatever else they'll have to do. Can't think of many football clubs who are asked to do so much outwith the footprint of their stadium / training ground.

You accept the club will have to pay for some stuff especially if the stadium being there is going to be an inconvenience to local residents, but Aberdeen council to date have still done absolutely fuck all to help the club (and bear in mind they're building at Kingsford in the first place because the council messed about with Loirston), while Aberdeenshire council still appear to be actively against it despite suggesting a fucking site a few hundreds yards away from Kingsford years ago.

Neither council still- ayear on from it getting passed - have put any thought in, or even suggested some independent study like Glasgow have just done, into improving the public transport options on match day.

Others councils would be on it straight away.

I know, but Aberdeen are already being asked to widen the dual carriageway, build/widen the footpath, build a bridge, install temporary traffic lights at the junction next to the stadium entrance, put on public transport, pay for a CPZ, and whatever else they'll have to do. Can't think of many football clubs who are asked to do so much outwith the footprint of their stadium / training ground.

You accept the club will have to pay for some stuff especially if the stadium being there is going to be an inconvenience to local residents, but Aberdeen council to date have still done absolutely fuck all to help the club (and bear in mind they're building at Kingsford in the first place because the council messed about with Loirston), while Aberdeenshire council still appear to be actively against it despite suggesting a fucking site a few hundreds yards away from Kingsford years ago.

Neither council still- ayear on from it getting passed - have put any thought in, or even suggested some independent study like Glasgow have just done, into improving the public transport options on match day.

Others councils would be on it straight away.

Shite.

"Planning gain" is a standard part of any major development. Unless you're Donald Trump...

Shite.

"Planning gain" is a standard part of any major development. Unless you're Donald Trump...

Aye right enough, don't know what I was thinking. The council should just stick to deciding how much is going to be spent on Christmas decorations this year, and the football club will sort everything else.

Lol^^^

Backed the wrong horse?

The council aren't responsible for the affairs of AFC.

AFC are huge contributors to Aberdeen City so they should be. I'm not disagreeing with you as I know in Scotland the outlook of local councils is to distance themselves unless it involves trying to associate themselves with success.