The Mckenna Dilemma

If he's put in a transfer request and it's been rejected, would the club make a statement confirming as such? I'm guessing not. I'm not sure I really believe it right now.

If true it's poor timing.

DM has been intimating for a while now that he will more than lightly go in this window so you have to think he's already got a replacement lined up or at the very least a list of alternatives.

I'm not sure if this is true, but in the times of social media and piss poor journalism, everyone is all too keen to jump on the bandwagon. This could work out for the best if a fee of £7m-10m comes in. McKenna is good, but he isn't irreplaceable. Hopefully McInnes has a player or two ready to come and fill the void.

I'm not sure if this is true, but in the times of social media and piss poor journalism, everyone is all too keen to jump on the bandwagon. This could work out for the best if a fee of £7m-10m comes in. McKenna is good, but he isn't irreplaceable. Hopefully McInnes has a player or two ready to come and fill the void.

Think that's a pipe dream now the big prick is trying to force a move

Unfortunately there is no chance of us getting £7 - £10 million for Mckenna.

If we get a bid of £5m we would bite their hands off.

Being philosophical about it......just over 2 years ago he was on loan at Ayr and struggled to get a game for much of the time. Had a club come in with a £250k offer in August 2017 I think we would have gift wrapped him and posted him out first class.

2 years later, having been pretty much forced into playing him at first, he's now a first pick for Scotland. He signed a contract extension which would have made him one of the top 4 or 5 paid players at the club relatively recently so we do hold all the cards, unless there is indeed a release clause in that contract. Of course his agent would be acutely aware of the terms of such a release clause and at least we know for sure that if there is......it's higher than £3million (indeed higher than whatever QPR's 2nd bid came in at).

The timing of the request suggests it is England that he wants to go to rather than Celtic.......if it had been to the dhimmery he wanted to go then there was no hurry to submit the request as there is 4 weeks left to go in the Scottish transfer window and having played for us in Europe would be ineligible to play for Celtic in Europe.

Whatever results...the player and his agent come out looking like total cunts.

We need to bring a defender in anyway.  Just means we need to bring someone in over the next couple of days.

That way we have 2 fit centre backs if McKenna goes.  And 3 if he's still here

yes but if mckenna goes we come desperate for a left footed left sided centre back who can play left full back

if he stays we need more a right sided centre back who can cover at right full back

Guest milne_afc

It is absolutely true. He has handed in a transfer request. I know this for a fact and knew about it this morning when I originally posted about it.

I'm sure the apologies will be forthcoming post-haste