Do You Have Kids/ Would You Recommend Having Kids?

Poodler

You forcing your kids into Catholicism min or are you letting them choose their own religious destiny?

Whaddya think?

As a zealous adherent of the true faith, it is my solemn duty to educate my children in it.

Letting them choose their own religion would be as reckless and crazy as letting them choose their own football team -worse, even.

If, as adults they are not interested, then that is their own choice then.

Whaddya think?

As a zealous adherent of the true faith, it is my solemn duty to educate my children in it.

Letting them choose their own religion would be as reckless and crazy as letting them choose their own football team -worse, even.

Letting your children choose their own religion is reckless, that's a crazy statement even for you!

Whaddya think?

A total cuntish thing to do. What if they turn round as an 8 year old and tell you think it's a crock of shit?

My mum came from a strong Catholic family, and was very proud of her religion. She insisted neither me or my sister were baptised so that we could decide whether we wanted to follow and make the decision for ourselves. Neither of us did. And she didn't care. Forcing something down the throats of your kids is out of order in my opinion.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It is an act of social responsibility.  

Scotland is a good example of the serious problems a country runs into when it does not have a high enough birth rate.  Ageing population, lower tax take, strain on services etc.

More and more immigration is needed to offset the gap - the SNP always gurning that they don't control immigration here.  They never mention birthrate, as that would mean having to admit the modern system doesn't actually work.

The irony is that people choose not to have kids (or not enough kids) then they moan about immigrants / "darkies".

Even the standard "box tick" family of 2 kids is not enough, the minimum rate needed to maintain a population is actually about 2.1 kids per family, to offset those who dont have kids etc.

If you look in history books about the development of nations, birth rate is a central data point of paramount important. Yet the oafs in politics these days never mention it.  I know of only Hungary as a modern nation taking direct action to increase its birth rate, as opposed to just importing stacks of dangerous muslims etc.

Ultimately a nation which cannot sustain itself population-wise is the sign of a decaying, failed culture.

But increase you and multiply, and go upon the earth and fill it

Genesis 9:7  (Douay Rhemis).

I think citing the socioeconomic development of the country you reside in as one of the reasons to have children

should  be fairly far down the list for someone in  Poodlers position but thanks for the reply .

Even the standard "box tick" family of 2 kids is not enough, the minimum rate needed to maintain a population is actually about 2.1 kids per family, to offset those who dont have kids etc.

How do you have 0.1 of a kid? Wait a couple months and then abort it?

If you don't have kids, as long as you have adequate means to provide for yourself in old age or have contributed sufficiently to the economy/society it isn't your concern in the slightest. 

It's better for the world to have less people, not merely for the environment but also more resources per person. Populations will learn to downsize, they are already doing so in Japan and things will improve at pace as it becomes more vital. 

The priests just want you to procreate continuously so there are more kids to molest. 

My daughter is nearly 2 and she’s just the best. Like any kid she can drive me up the wall but to be fair I did that to my folks too. Wouldn’t change her for the world and we definitely want another child as I’m an only child and wouldn’t want her to be an only child too

It's better for the world to have less people, not merely for the environment but also more resources per person. Populations will learn to downsize, they are already doing so in Japan and things will improve at pace as it becomes more vital. 

Japan is entering unknown territory though, it is projected in around 30-40 years that the population will be down to under 90 million of which 25% will be over 75.

Another vote for family here.

We had a girl first after quite a wait so was an amazing feeling to be a Dad/family.

Back to work tomorrow after another paternity leave. Welcomed a boy on Gothenburg day! Laddie managed to wait until Greg Stewart slammed in the winner so he knows the score

We had a girl first after quite a wait so was an amazing feeling to be a Dad/family.

Back to work tomorrow after another paternity leave. Welcomed a boy on Gothenburg day! Laddie managed to wait until Greg Stewart slammed in the winner so he knows the score

Nice one Tord. Congratulations.

Nice one, Tord!

A lot of pressure these days for young lads to get a house, get married, have kids etc. Seen many of my pals bow to the pressure and just do it because they think it’s the right thing to do. Fuck that. Totally agree with the sentiment of do whatever the fuck you want and don’t put a timeline on it. For gods sake have fun before you’re tied down.

You'll have folk following you around the board having a pop at you for that post. You're not allowed to point the above out.

Japan is entering unknown territory though, it is projected in around 30-40 years that the population will be down to under 90 million of which 25% will be over 75.

In 40 years how many jobs will AI take?

What will be the biggest economies in the world?

What will be the main sources of energy etc etc etc

We’ve only had the World Wide Web in any form for 30 years.

What does it matter if a large percentage of the population are old if you can look after the efficiently?

Fuck all. We do need to acknowledge it and work towards that time but we don’t need to keep producing kids to “save the world”.

In 40 years how many jobs will AI take?

What will be the biggest economies in the world?

What will be the main sources of energy etc etc etc

We’ve only had the World Wide Web in any form for 30 years.

What does it matter if a large percentage of the population are old if you can look after the efficiently?

Fuck all. We do need to acknowledge it and work towards that time but we don’t need to keep producing kids to “save the world”.

Overpopulation will be the worlds biggest problem in the future. Humans are like fuckin locusts. CS is talking pish as usual, we need less arseholes on the planet not more.