Transfers News For The Inferior Teams

12 hours ago, super_al said:

I keep going back to this, how are Hibs not desperate for the money during a pandemic? I really hope someone asks Cormack at the Q&A why Aberdeen are struggling so much more (perceived anyway) compared to other clubs. If the answer is that others laid people off and cut back on their youth program then the question becomes should we not do the same?

Income wise we outperform them on corporate whilst they have more season ticket holders. Corporate revenue has obviously dried up whilst they will still have more income from season tickets. Be interesting for them if they have turned down £3 million and next season is behind closed doors as well. 

36 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Aye fair. Just funny that folk expect to pull a top class striker out of thin air. The only way we are getting a decent striker is if they have been injured otherwise they would remain at the level they are playing at.

Aye spot on 

7 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

I see Nisbet has handed in a transfer request to Hibs after they turned down close to 3 mil from Brum and the opportunity for him to earn 4-5 times his current salary.

The 3m is 20 per cent to Dunfermline. So it's 2.4m.

Then Brum are paying it over time with conditions. 

Not quite Hibs saying no to 3m in the bank right away. 

10 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

I see Nisbet has handed in a transfer request to Hibs after they turned down close to 3 mil from Brum and the opportunity for him to earn 4-5 times his current salary.

Bit of a cheek from him hardly likely to endear him to his team mates and he's only been there 5 minutes, doubt anything will happen as spoon burners will not have enough time to get someone else in might fuck off in the summer though?

9 minutes ago, eddiec said:

Bit of a cheek from him hardly likely to endear him to his team mates and he's only been there 5 minutes, doubt anything will happen as spoon burners will not have enough time to get someone else in might fuck off in the summer though?

Exactly this. Nisbet looks like a total cunt to everybody and utterly disrespecting the club who have given him his big chance

Hibs now have a big problem on their hands though. Player doesn't want to be there (we all saw how that worked out with Cosgrove).....will he chuck it, forcing Hibs to offload him in the summer (likely for a good bit less than what they've just been offered)?

If they cave in now, it's highly unlikely they'll get a replacement onboard with only 8 hours left to go in the window. Could be throwing the chance of third in the league away

If I were them I'd grab the money now whilst they still can and tell the little scrote to fuck off. Maybe offer Celtic £500k of it to bring in Griffiths tonight (likely their only chance of bringing in a replacement of a decent standard before the window closes)

38 minutes ago, eddiec said:

If they do sell him. Be interesting to see if they replace him/have a plan to replace him?

assume they would have a better plan than shite like Stewart & the dwindling quality list beneath him

30 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

If they do sell him. Be interesting to see if they replace him/have a plan to replace him?

assume they would have a better plan than shite like Stewart & the dwindling quality list beneath him

See what ive just posted in the January 2021 thread ?

1 hour ago, eddiec said:

We could help them out and let them have Main 

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Hearts in for Stuart Findlay. Although the budget isn't set in stone for next season we know 10+ will be going. Would it do us any harm securing 2/3 on pre contracts? 

Maybe it’s a sign we’ll be changing manager & don’t want to commit to players the new man doesn’t want?

Or maybe we have made offers & we’re skint & can’t offer enough.

One thing is certain, it’ll be the highest turnover of players for a good while in the summer. Is it 14 out of contract including the loanees?

You’d assume about 12 of the 14 will go, and even if we run with a smaller squad, you’d expect at least 8 new players in? 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Maybe it’s a sign we’ll be changing manager & don’t want to commit to players the new man doesn’t want?

One thing is certain, it’ll be the highest turnover of players for a good while in the summer. Is it 14 out of contract including the loanees?

You’d assume about 12 of the 14 will go, and even if we run with a smaller squad, you’d expect at least 8 new players in? 

I think the club should be taking some responsibility regardless of the manager position to sign the best players available at the lowest cost. 

Surely offering Findlay/Campbell and one other a pre contract is going to make the new managers job easier because the squad will be stronger than currently?

If 12 go and we are replacing with 8 the manager would still be able to hand pick 5/6 players of his choice if we sign a few on pre contracts as a club.

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I think it's your first sentence that is correct. But a  massive risk to lose out on players going out of contract 

WHS said that Hearts were in for Findlay a fortnight back but it hasn't happened yet. If they can afford him, we surely can at least match their offer. If there's any truth in it, I wonder if it means John Souttar is nearing the point of admitting his career is over?

Guest milne_afc
11 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

John Souttar is nearing the point of admitting his career is over?

Back training now and playing in March. Daily drive to Edinburgh must do him the world of good.

I’d have him at the Dons.

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

No doubt we'll sign 2 before the first Euro game, another 2 before the second one then the rest after we get papped out.