Where Are They Now

Michael Bird

0,,10284~3078092,00.jpg

Much in the mould of Leon Mike, Bird was purchased as a'rough around the edges' young striker, signed from an English club after 'impressing the manager'.

Unfortunately that manager happened to be Steve 'Pele' Paterson. A manager so inebriated most of the time that 'impressing' him probably constituted nothing more technically difficult than farting and burping at the same time. Reports regarding Bird, however, suggest he probably wasn't that skilled.

If he was like Leon Mike in 'potential'... ie. having no potential whatsoever... he was like Tommy Wright in physique and footballing prowess. A big bastard with just about enough skill to put his boots on the right feet.

According to Wikipedia, Bird played two first team games for Aberdeen... scoring none.

This would be the season where Aberdeen had managed to finish second bottom to the worst Partick Thistle side in the history of Partick Thistle, managing to not only get themselves relegated from the SPL, but to get relegated to the Second Division at the first attempt. And I think, if memory serves me right, this was a Thistle side that beat Aberdeen four times that year.

You can see a match report right here from one such game.

It's easy to see why Bird found first team starts in short supply, though. He was fighting for a place against guys like Scott Michie (Who would go on to dazzle the world of football by ending up at Peterhead and Inverurie Loco), Darren Mackie (Who would famously go on to draw a wage at Aberdeen for minimal return), Scott 'There Goes My Cruciate' Booth, and Bryan Prunty (Who would end up in whatever Division Airdrie, Ayr Utd and Stirling Albion play in).

Michael Bird

0,,10284~3078092,00.jpg

Much in the mould of Leon Mike, Bird was purchased as a'rough around the edges' young striker, signed from an English club after 'impressing the manager'.

Unfortunately that manager happened to be Steve 'Pele' Paterson. A manager so inebriated most of the time that 'impressing' him probably constituted nothing more technically difficult than farting and burping at the same time. Reports regarding Bird, however, suggest he probably wasn't that skilled.

If he was like Leon Mike in 'potential'... ie. having no potential whatsoever... he was like Tommy Wright in physique and footballing prowess. A big bastard with just about enough skill to put his boots on the right feet.

According to Wikipedia, Bird played two first team games for Aberdeen... scoring none.

This would be the season where Aberdeen had managed to finish second bottom to the worst Partick Thistle side in the history of Partick Thistle, managing to not only get themselves relegated from the SPL, but to get relegated to the Second Division at the first attempt. And I think, if memory serves me right, this was a Thistle side that beat Aberdeen four times that year.

You can see a match report right here from one such game.

It's easy to see why Bird found first team starts in short supply, though. He was fighting for a place against guys like Scott Michie (Who would go on to dazzle the world of football by ending up at Peterhead and Inverurie Loco), Darren Mackie (Who would famously go on to draw a wage at Aberdeen for minimal return), Scott 'There Goes My Cruciate' Booth, and Bryan Prunty (Who would end up in whatever Division Airdrie, Ayr Utd and Stirling Albion play in).

Excellent summary Kelt :applause:

Not a player, but I see that the legendarily shit Alex Miller has just left his Russian 1st Division side by mutual consent, after a whole 9 matches.

Next Aberdeen manager?

No doubt the club will allow him to treat the post of Aberdeen Manager as a part time job... again.

• 1 year later...

Love this thread.

Malcolm Kpedekpo

MalcolmKpedekpo.jpg

Signed as a schoolboy, Malcolm obviously had great belief in his Football career as he also spent a lot of his time studying, eventually earning a degree while still employed at Pittodrie.

Dicked about at Aberdeen for a while before qutting Football all together and buggering off to Australia to work for KPMG.

Now back in Scotland, he has his own company and has seemed to carve an excellent career out of Investment Banking

http://www.pgequity.com/about-us/62-malcolm-kpedekpo

A Striker, he made 11 appearances, scored 0 goals.

200px-46_John_Stewart.JPG

John Stewart

hun bastard currently slowly finding his level, still has a couple of levels to drop yet.

Currently playing for Bo'ness United.

Everything about the look of John Stewart says "Junkie". Just look at those sunken eyesockets.

I follow Linlithgow Rose in junior football and it's always good to see Bo'ness (their local rivals) get a right pumping...of heroin if your John.

Jerel Ifil - Staines Town (Conference South)

Tommy Wright (signed for £100,000) - Harrogate Town (Conference North)

Dan Smith - Darlington 1883 (Northern League - English 9th teir)

Josh Walker - Scunthorpe Utd

Stuart Duff - FC Kairat (the mighty footballing nation of Kazakhstan)

Darren Mackie & Scott Morrison - Pheonix FC, Arizona (average attendance 2,305)

Having watched pretty much every Phoenix USL game, and you all can by using the USL website, the standard is just dreadful. I'd estimate it to be Highland League standard, although I haven't been to a Highland League game in ten years, so Highland League standard 10 years ago.... I assume it's still much the same standard as then.

Morrison just strolls through games and is by far Phoenix's best player, quite possibly one of the best players in the USL.

Mackie, it's impossible to tell, because I can count the number of times he's actually had the ball delivered to him on one hand. He's missed a couple of sitters, but generally the service he's getting is pish poor.

I'm sure he's capable of scoring goals in the USL, but as of now he hasn't.

Rickie Gillies bought a gold retreiver pup from my Ma & Da back in the 90s. True story. And Kelt.. I'm sure we actually got a point of Partick in that season with a hard fought midweek 0-0 draw at Pittodrie?

I'm pretty sure we won 3-0 at Firhill that season. They absolutely destroyed us but I think Anderdon got 2 and Clark maybe scored on the break.

Jerel Ifil - Staines Town (Conference South)

Tommy Wright (signed for £100,000) - Harrogate Town (Conference North)

Dan Smith - Darlington 1883 (Northern League - English 9th teir)

Josh Walker - Scunthorpe Utd

Stuart Duff - FC Kairat (the mighty footballing nation of Kazakhstan)

Darren Mackie & Scott Morrison - Pheonix FC, Arizona (average attendance 2,305)

Was in the paper the other day saying the league in Kazakhstan was far superior to anything in Scotland.

Like I'm going to believe it when this trumpet is getting a game every week.

Saw him chain smoking outside and falling about inside the Snuggery a few weeks back.

Was in the paper the other day saying the league in Kazakhstan was far superior to anything in Scotland.

Like I'm going to believe it when this trumpet is getting a game every week.

Saw him chain smoking outside and falling about inside the Snuggery a few weeks back.

Haha my thoughts exactly.