Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Hotels in Aberdeen

Alan B'stard

The village bar was excellent for getting pished.

My mates worked behind the bar and was always good for handing over £5 note for a pint and getting £5 back in small change. Couldn't do it all the time as they'd get found out, but was good while it lasted.

SNAP!! One of my mates worked there for a long time, never paid for anything when he was on. It also got me on the guest list for a Spandau ballet gig when they stayed there, he was on the bar and got chatting to them, I had my doubts but was a great gig. :)

The dodger fae the Stager rents out caravans in his car park.

If my guest is so keen to enjoy the spoils of oil rich aberdeen then that's the perfect base to start your adventure.

He's a hun and the dwellers there are tramps to a man, does a fine bar meal though, I rented a flat right across the road for a while. A room there is a £100 a week, not something I ever want to experience.

I heard the Leaf closes its doors for the last time on New years eve, not sure if that's still the scheduled closing date but it will be no more soon.

Shame for the regulars, always has a fair crowd of them in and no other pubs really that close by, suppose it will be a choice between the four mile and stager. Good pool and dart area with a good juke box.

I heard the Leaf closes its doors for the last time on New years eve, not sure if that's still the scheduled closing date but it will be no more soon.

Shame for the regulars, always has a fair crowd of them in and no other pubs really that close by, suppose it will be a choice between the four mile and stager. Good pool and dart area with a good juke box.

Will be a sad day when it closes.

Used to pop in now and again when I was younger.

The busiest bar by a mile, busy restaurant, vibrant function hall and always booked out hotel rooms regardless of 70's decor.

What do they do, close the fucker.

Bankhead Inn or Woodend could be levelled and no one would notice.

It's an outrage!

I stayed next door to there for a year when I was 17.

Was a good pint back then.

I mind years ago before the current owners I knew a couple of guys who lived in the flat above.

For one reason or another. I forget what it was we needed into the flat. No one was in so I climbed up the drain pipe and climbed in through the kitchen window. The lights were off when I got in and I jumped down off of the kitchen worktop. I landed with a splash and a smell arising. They had a great Dane called Garth I think it was and it had pissed and shit all over the kitchen floor.

Still cant remember why we needed in. Think it was a lost key scenario.

Auchmill gone, mugiemoss and Stoneywood clubs gone, legion gone. Cloverleaf to go.

Bit pish really.

Mugiemoss function hall was ace for a big old knees up. Or a bit of snooker for the distinguished gentleman.

Winstons snooker hall as well.

Yeah the clubs were great, cheap drink and food, people of all ages, bit of snooker.

Wasn't a bad place on a Saturday night when they had a band on, never a fan of the bar but the lounge was ok.

Mugiemoss club was also a haunt in those days, sadly recently torn down. Did a fine meal there and was cheap as chips. Some dodgy bands but always a good laugh.

Is that the one down a wee bit fae far the Papermill was?

My cousin's funeral tea was held there. An ex ASC allegedly. You'd maybe ken him back then.

Initials AM or known as Teuchie.

Sked OD done him in.

Some proper dodgers at that one including the Mcallister clan.

It is a shame to see the death of the Social Club. What they lacked in panache they certainly made up for in character and cirrhotic inducing booze pricing, not to mention the Chicken In A Basket suppers.

From The Boilermakers to The Scottish Horse they were establishments of great substance, Somehow Kippie Lodge just does not cut it in relation.

Is that the one down a wee bit fae far the Papermill was?

My cousin's funeral tea was held there. An ex ASC allegedly. You'd maybe ken him back then.

Initials AM or known as Teuchie.

Sked OD done him in.

Some proper dodgers at that one including the Mcallister clan.

Mcallisters were regulars down there, yeah it was beside the papermill.

Can't think who the person was.

It is a shame to see the death of the Social Club. What they lacked in panache they certainly made up for in character and cirrhotic inducing booze pricing, not to mention the Chicken In A Basket suppers.

From The Boilermakers to The Scottish Horse they were establishments of great substance, Somehow Kippie Lodge just does not cut it in relation.

Local pubs dying as well is a shame, no new one's will ever be built again outwith the town centre, Auchmill blamed the smoking ban.

It's not much better in the countryside either, The Hunters Moon is closing and Carriages is being turned into apartments.

Dave is the Premnay really closing? My old local, I've crawled home from their many a time wasn't too bad but lived around a mile away up a farm track,

And was always always clarted in dubs,

I hear that the current owner (K) has upset a lot of the locals,I heard he was hacking into folk using his WiFi connection, and when the content was found to include folk describing him in an complimentary manner, and discussing the sordid things they would do to his missus ( D) the shit hit the fan,

As for the carriages ( formerly the station) well it was in Insch and was frequented by inschites,so that let it down for a start but to close down before that total shit hole the commercial, which made the Ranch in inverurie look like the marcliffe, and which had the same decor( nicotine yellow) since the mid seventies then there is something far wrong

Dayts doesn't know anyone that was in the ASC.

I'm starting to think his whole ASC thing was a gimmick.

:)

Big difference between claiming to be a asc top boy and actually being one in the day, people know me, not so much in the reverse as I'm crap with names. I know those who matter, top 20 say. Check out my friends list on facers, you'll see the last two acknowledged leaders there, ask them if they know me. :)

All history now anyway and I'm not proud of it, but check my credentials if you like, lol

Well Dave if I had the cash I'd buy it, the current proprietor of the pub in dunecht used to have the hunters moon and it was fantastic then, good food, good drink, great craic, and some very attractive young hiefers frequenting it,

As for the current incumbents aye his missus was good last time I saw her, I could name a few men who tried to coup her on more than one occasion

I used to ride a barmaid from there she was a dirty bitch, was great for free drink when she was working was the nights I chose to "square up " my tab,

Saved me a hoor of a cash