Sam Cosgrove

Someone mentioned Goodwillie to Blackburn for £2.8M years ago.

We should want at least double that for Cosgrove. Not only is inflation, he scores twice the goals and is at least twice the player

Less rapey too, add on another £1m

The Villa loan deal was probably a mix of everything above, the impression given was what Don said, that they were taking him on loan to beat the window and then pay the fee in the January window, probably weren’t legally allowed to admit that and flaunt the rules. Also if there was back out clauses and it wasn’t as clear cut then it probably made sense not to let him go

This is another thing that annoys me why teams always play high balls to their taller players all the time. I mean Duncan Ferguson was a perfect example, he was really good with the ball at his feet but for Scotland he was wasted cause they pumped up too many high balls for him, Crouch another example. Just find it irritating. Just prefer the ball being played on the deck

The game against the Germans in '93 we pummeled the Krauts, and Ferguson terrorised their defence like you rarely see against a German side. His overheid kick would have been one of the greatest Scotland goals of all time if it had found the net. 

How the Germans beat us that night I will never understand. 

Two future Dons players would put paid to their World Cup ambitions the following year, though... 

That was back  when we used to buy World Cup semi-final players, though. 

The game against the Germans in '93 we pummeled the Krauts, and Ferguson terrorised their defence like you rarely see against a German side. His overheid kick would have been one of the greatest Scotland goals of all time if it had found the net. 

How the Germans beat us that night I will never understand. 

Two future Dons players would put paid to their World Cup ambitions the following year, though... 

That was back  when we used to buy World Cup semi-final players, though.

Yeah you’re right mate back when we had players actually caring about the national team and having natural ability. Ferguson - apart from being a dirty hun bastard - was a brilliant player and a hard bastard unlike the snowflakes we have now

Wrong.

It was a loan with an obligation to buy (to get around the fact the Championship transfer window had closed but loans were still allowed). Heaps of Championship clubs used this loophole.

Wrong. The championship window was not shut when the bid was made. The bid was with an offer to buy for 6.5 million. I listened to an interview with the Villa manager and he mentioned last year the club had to be smart around financial fair play so most of their signings were either smaller fees or loans with the option to buy(preferably if they got promoted).

Tyrone Mings also a left footed centre back was signed on loan with an option to buy to 20 million which they took up.

Kourtney Hause also a left footed centre back they went for on loan and they paid 3 million in the summer for him. 

Main reason they weren't back in for McKenna was due to change of manager and the success of these two signings. 

I don't think we should consider any sale until the summer at earliest.

But I said the same about McKenna and look how that turned out.

Players unfortunately tend to throw the dummy out of the pram if they think the move they want might be in jeopardy.

If we get good bids for Cosgrove and/or McKenna just accept them.

We might as well tank this season now anyway, the manager is a complete shitebag.

• 3 weeks later...

Be amazed if their opening bid is much more than £1.5million.....maybe even not that much

But if they really wanted him, there's no doubt they could go to a level of bid that we couldn't and wouldn't refuse

wonder what kind of price the club would actually put on his head? Although McKennas performances haven’t been ideal of late it’s good to see club standing there ground. Surely 5m plus?

Don't think £5million is unreasonable but I suspect the club would probably bite at £3million if it were offered. It would certainly help if he did indeed have a Northern Irish grunny somewhere. If he had a few international caps to his name then £5million becomes a realistic figure to demand

wonder what kind of price the club would actually put on his head? Although McKennas performances haven’t been ideal of late it’s good to see club standing there ground. Surely 5m plus?

The days of English clubs ripping the cunt out of Scottish clubs are dwindling.

They still try but their success rate has dropped off big time.

They’d no doubt offer a derisory £1m to start with.

At which point we email back & tell them to fuck clean off.

Thats a cringe right there

Mate you're coming across like a bitter little teenager. You don't have to be a keyboard warrior with EVERYONE.

It's mostly adults on this board. Slow down. Before you type, ask yourself, would I say that in a pub? If the answer is no, it kinda means you're a shitebag with a laptop.

Go have a coca cola, watch a film and destress. Take it easy. You don't have to be 'that guy' with every comment, whether you enjoy the word cringe or not. Why not just offer an opinion or act like most humans in a normal conversation?

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

Mate you're coming across like a bitter little teenager. You don't have to be a keyboard warrior with EVERYONE.

It's mostly adults on this board. Slow down. Before you type, ask yourself, would I say that in a pub? If the answer is no, it kinda means you're a shitebag with a laptop.

Go have a coca cola, watch a film and destress. Take it easy. You don't have to be 'that guy' with every comment, whether you enjoy the word cringe or not. Why not just offer an opinion or act like most humans in a normal conversation?

Because he's a weegie with a chip on his shoulder the size of Silicon Valley

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1