Mlb

• 3 months later...

No SOTR I am not enjoying it! Haha.

The Yankees were pish as predicted but the amount of injuries they got was frightening.

Honestly can't believe how poor Tigers offense was in the match against the Red Sox. When Lackey throws 0's you know you are fucked.

Don't like either team but Cardinals to win....hopefully!

I'm off next week so will watch a couple of the matches.

Anyone else watching?

No SOTR I am not enjoying it! Haha.

The Yankees were pish as predicted but the amount of injuries they got was frightening.

Honestly can't believe how poor Tigers offense was in the match against the Red Sox. When Lackey throws 0's you know you are fucked.

Don't like either team but Cardinals to win....hopefully!

I'm off next week so will watch a couple of the matches.

Anyone else watching?

Amazing difference from last season. That guy Bobby Valentine must have been poisonous! This season, all the bad eggs have been removed and there seems to be unbelievable camaraderie among the playing group. Quite a few players have really surprised too - the likes of Napoli and Victorino. Lackey has just been really good this year - pitching like the Lackey of the LA Angels.

I think that Detroit are the best team in the MLB. They have everything, one of the best rotations, one of the most devastating offences... but the Red Sox still found a way to beat them. I don't know a great deal about the Cardinals, but I think the Red Sox are going to be tough to beat.

25/1? Fuckin hell. Not really surprising given Farrell is the manager and the way he did less than nothing with my beloved Jays.

Was definitely around that mark when I checked back at the start of the season. You might even have got better than that during the off season.

This time last season, the Red Sox were the worst team in baseball - coming off an incredibly poor second half of last season. 12 months later they find themselves in the world series, lining up as favourites. It's actually a remarkable story.

After the Red Sox pumpin the cards in game one I've lumped on Wacha to even up the series.

Your main man Lackey is on the mound SOTR.

Despite his improvement this season he's the weak link and if the cards are gonna make a match of this then they have to win tonight.

Buchholz is carrying an injury, but will pitch game 4 in St. Louis. Peavy is next up in game 3 (the first in St. Louis). The cardinals will be big favourites to win both these.

I think the Red Sox may really need to win tonight. Could see it being 2-2 going into the 5th match - with Lester back on the mound.

Lackey did a great job tonight, then Breslow just came in and absolutely blew it spectactularly. That is a brutal loss and the momentum now swings to St. Louis.

I predict than St Louis will take the next two, then the Red Sox will take the fifth (Lester starting). Boston 2-3 St. Louis going into games 6 and 7 back in Boston. Could be a classic world series.

Woop woop. Wacha could be lined up for an incredible career.

I'm guessing Kelly on tonight.

Hopefully he keeps the score down through 6 and let the 'pen deal with the rest.

Lynn I'm not sure about for G4 - get him on with Miller in the wings for long relief if needed.

Wainwright back on for G5 in St Louis and get it stitched up.

Woop woop. Wacha could be lined up for an incredible career.

I'm guessing Kelly on tonight.

Hopefully he keeps the score down through 6 and let the 'pen deal with the rest.

Lynn I'm not sure about for G4 - get him on with Miller in the wings for long relief if needed.

Wainwright back on for G5 in St Louis and get it stitched up.

Wacha was doing well until David Ortiz absolutely crushed a changeup into the green monster. Was looking like he's lost the game for them until Breslows melt down.

Tonight will be pivotal I reckon. Whoever wins tonight goes on to win the series I reckon.

Wacha was doing well until David Ortiz absolutely crushed a changeup into the green monster. Was looking like he's lost the game for them until Breslows melt down.

Tonight will be pivotal I reckon. Whoever wins tonight goes on to win the series I reckon.

Wacha got the job done!

I do wonder though if Lackey would have got pulled when he walked the first batter in the 6th normally, but after him spitting out the dummy the last time maybe played on the managers mind?

Its all "ifs" but still funny. Could nearly be as funny as David Ortiz trying to play field in the next 3 games! Mon The Cards!

Wacha got the job done!

I do wonder though if Lackey would have got pulled when he walked the first batter in the 6th normally, but after him spitting out the dummy the last time maybe played on the managers mind?

Its all "ifs" but still funny. Could nearly be as funny as David Ortiz trying to play field in the next 3 games! Mon The Cards!

He didn't though. As I said, big Papi absolutely creamed a loose pitch into the green monster. 2-1 Red Sox and it was up to the bullpen to see out the match - which they couldn't do.

He didn't though. As I said, big Papi absolutely creamed a loose pitch into the green monster. 2-1 Red Sox and it was up to the bullpen to see out the match - which they couldn't do.

I know they didn't pull him but i'm certain it would have crossed his mind to pull him, i also think he would have if Lackey hadn't been such a tit last time.

The bullpen would also have located different pitches with only 1st base on and not 1st & 2nd.

I said it was all "ifs" but IMO Red Sox would lead 2-0 if it wasn't for Lackey's attitude. He actually pitched a good game but in the WS a good game isn't good enough, just like Lackey as a pitcher.

Amazing series so far. tied up at 2-2.

If the Sox win tomorrow then I think they have the series. Huge match up tomorrow Lester vs Wainwright. Lester beat Wainwright in game 1 in Boston. Wainwright got an absolute spanking -he'll be favourite tomorrow though in St Louis.

Couple of Red Sox statistics. Breslow has an ERA of about 57.0 and Big Papi is hitting .767.

Suddenly big pressure on Wainwright and St. Louis.

Huge win for Red Sox, Wainwright has to improve on his last outing, i'm confident he will but not confident it will be enough. Lester is a machine.

I still think Red Sox have to win tonight, defeat leaves it down to Lackey on Wednesday!!

Mon The Cards!

It will be close. Wainwright won't pitch two poor games in a row. It'll be won by the odd run...

Lackey has been brilliant this year. The guy has pitched consistently like the stud he was at LA.... The only worry is that they brought him in for an innings relief (no idea why?!) last night... and an absolutely glorious innings it was! Think they were hoping Breslow wouldn't explode.