Aberdeen 1 - 0 Motherwell

Watched highlights again.

Ref let us off a couple of times. One definitely a penalty (handball) & earlier one a very good claim as well.

Three undeserved points gained

When does 'the click' happen

The handball maybe, although would be harsh. on the second one Considine gets a toe to the ball. In real time at the game it didn't look like a pen.

Wait what? Is he saying Considine’s tackle should have been a pen? get fucked. It was a good tackle.

Also we should have had one ourselves.

Don’t get me wrong the game was eye bleedingly bad but it wasn’t an underserved 3 points.

I said they had a good claim for that one. The handball was 100% a penalty

We got three points we probably shouldn't have.

• Downvote 2

I said they had a good claim for that one. The handball was 100% a penalty

We got three points we probably shouldn't have.

I haven't watched it back, but are you saying that the hand was in an unnatural position and there was sufficient time for the player to move his hand to avoid it and that the ball in question cane from several metres away?

As,I say I'd need to watch the highlights, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't some doubt around some of those statements (the official criteria for deeming a handball deliberate or not), so I doubt it was 100%.

50/50 at most.

May would have got crucified on here for the miss that Anderson had yesterday.

A very poor effort from the young lad.

Think he needs a goal sooner rather than later.

May is an experienced professional footballer with 227 senior appearances under his belt. Expecting a youth prospect to be treated the same as him is folly.
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Still should have done better with the effort. At least make the keeper work.

May however is finished as a going concern.

I'm not disagreeing, but you can't hold Anderson to the same expectations as you would a journeyman like May. Anderson is learning his craft and will have misses like that. It's how he learns from them that matters.

May is, as you say, finished. There is no fucking way we watched him before signing him. If we did then someone needs to be getting their P45.

• Upvote 1

Could look at it the other way. When did May last get into an obvious scoring opp like that where you’re thinking he really should put this away?

Kind of the problem though isn't it? He doesn't even get into good positions.

Can't even pull out the classic Maynard defence of "great off the ball movement" with him.

We just have to face facts, we signed a shite crock.

• Upvote 1

May would have got crucified on here for the miss that Anderson had yesterday.

A very poor effort from the young lad.

Think he needs a goal sooner rather than later.

I can't really see the comparison.

May gets criticised on here because he's been generally very poor since we signed him, over a period of many many games.

So when he misses a chance people jump on it as another in a serious of failures.

Anderson has a long way to go before people get that judgemental.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm not disagreeing, but you can't hold Anderson to the same expectations as you would a journeyman like May. Anderson is learning his craft and will have misses like that. It's how he learns from them that matters.

May is, as you say, finished. There is no fucking way we watched him before signing him. If we did then someone needs to be getting their P45.

If Anderson is to start games as the majority on here are clambering for him to do so, then i would be holding him to the same expectations as say a May or a Cosgrove. We play strikers to score goals.

He's getting plenty minutes due to Wilson being injured/unfit and May and Cosgrove being generally shite. But when chances come along, especially the ones that came along on Saturday he needs to be burying them.

I suppose it's a question of composure, and i really want him to succeed and prove he's not another Declan McManus. Prove he's an Eoin Jess or a Scott Booth when they burst into the scene.